Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-09, 02:40 AM   #13
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N View Post
Surprised 360 is out selling the PS3. PS3 has better games this holiday and hardware. I guess all those banningS resulted in many buying new systems to play MW2.
I'm not surprised at all. MS has been pushing a ton of bundles (same price, just more stuff), while it is hard to find a ps3 bundle without the price having been marked up. For people looking for game systems for their kids, you see a $299 360 with two games and a $299 ps3 slim with no games. Sony just isn't trying hard enough.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 08:16 AM   #14
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme View Post
I'm not surprised at all. MS has been pushing a ton of bundles (same price, just more stuff), while it is hard to find a ps3 bundle without the price having been marked up. For people looking for game systems for their kids, you see a $299 360 with two games and a $299 ps3 slim with no games. Sony just isn't trying hard enough.
I don't know, I would say they're trying pretty hard considering the PS3 hardware is vastly superior to the 360's and they're selling at the same price...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 10:37 AM   #15
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N View Post
Surprised 360 is out selling the PS3. PS3 has better games this holiday and hardware. I guess all those banningS resulted in many buying new systems to play MW2.
lol according to you and your lame ass taste.

2 years later and the PS3/PSP is still getting owned by the Wii/DS. Can't say I'm suprised.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 10:39 AM   #16
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
No one posted it because no one cares.

Don't mind MaguS. He's is in heat because tEH cELL is getting bent over by the Wii.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 10:39 AM   #17
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I don't know, I would say they're trying pretty hard considering the PS3 hardware is vastly superior to the 360's and they're selling at the same price...
I see you bought into the marketing hype the the PS3 cures cancer. I can assure you. It does not.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 10:42 AM   #18
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
This year alone the PS3 sold more then 2 million units then the X360. Next year with a giant game like GT releasing and if Agent from Rockstar proves to be the next GTA3 its a sure thing.
lol

You're like one of those cult zealots that keep on insisting that the world is gonna come to an end no matter how looney you sound.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 10:55 AM   #19
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
lol

You're like one of those cult zealots that keep on insisting that the world is gonna come to an end no matter how looney you sound.
And you are the moron who doesn't know how to make a single post when responding to a thread.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-09, 11:35 AM   #20
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I see you bought into the marketing hype the the PS3 cures cancer. I can assure you. It does not.
How does me stating a simple fact that the PS3 has better hardware than the 360 and Wii (which it does, and I am talking about features: WiFi, Blu-Ray, Bluetooth, etc.) mean that I am continuing the "hype"?

I stated a fact. For $300, the PS3 is a steal considering what it actually costs to make the thing.

Quit trolling. Go solve one of those impossible puzzles in Zelda...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-09, 11:15 PM   #21
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
How does me stating a simple fact that the PS3 has better hardware than the 360 and Wii (which it does, and I am talking about features: WiFi, Blu-Ray, Bluetooth, etc.) mean that I am continuing the "hype"?

I stated a fact. For $300, the PS3 is a steal considering what it actually costs to make the thing.

Quit trolling. Go solve one of those impossible puzzles in Zelda...
Better hardware doesn't mean a thing when most of the market is happy to buy a Wii, and still most people do not have HD tv's, nor care about blu-ray, bluetooth, etc.. Sony has to market towards normal people, not just gamers, geeks, and fanboi's.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-09, 01:35 AM   #22
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme View Post
Better hardware doesn't mean a thing when most of the market is happy to buy a Wii, and still most people do not have HD tv's, nor care about blu-ray, bluetooth, etc.. Sony has to market towards normal people, not just gamers, geeks, and fanboi's.
And this is directed towards me, why?

I just said the hardware is better, the console is more expensive to make, and at $300 it's a better deal than any other console.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-09, 01:47 AM   #23
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

Because you were there.

Better hardware, more expensive to make, and a better deal, does not make the ps3 a better console when your definition is: appropriate for the market. Appropriate is defined by the market, and the market has been speaking for years.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 10:04 AM   #24
Ruined
Registered User
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,447
Default Re: NPD console data for November 2009

The sales every year keep telling the story.

Nintendo wins hardware (& hardware-bundled software)

Microsoft wins game sales in general.

PS3 loses on both fronts...


As several said earlier, I also think its far too late to change this fate. Even if Sony manages to sell some more hardware than the competition next year it won't really matter - look at the gap in game sales, 360 is selling like twice as many games as PS3; in the case of MW2, its actually more than double. And Wii continues to dominate the hardware and 1st party game scene.

PS3 looks to be the jack of all trades but master of none thie generation. Yeah the Blu-ray is nice, but with Blu-ray standalones going for $75 at Walmart that is not really much of a factor for the average person - who would probably rather watch their movie on a dedicated player anyway. And, the Cell is a nice concept but in practicality it is a dev nightmare. So devs/pubs like the 360 for its ease of programming & massive attach rate, while they also like the Wii for the huge user base potential. PS3 kinda gets lost in the shuffle as it has a lower attach rate than 360, smallest userbase of the three, and to top it off its the hardest to program for by far. That gives devs 3 big reasons to spend the least time on the PS3 version or simply not release the title on PS3.

Next year I'm sure Nintendo will have something new cooked up and Microsoft has Natal. IMO the past 2 years have been the best opportunity for PS3 to catch up for Sony with the end of the HD format war last year and the wave of PS3 1st party titles this year (while MS was a bit light on exclusives). Now while PS3 is cheaper, so are Blu-ray players and MS is coming with a pretty awesome looking tech that got really great initial reviews during the playtests. If I were Sony I'd get the PS4 out ASAP, because they are pretty much done this gen IMO.
__________________
We're all in it together.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.