Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-11-09, 06:18 PM   #1
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Default Official PS3 Bluetooth headset problem...

I thought I had bought a broken PS3 official Bluetooth headset I got a little while ago so I exchanged the first one for another today. Got further ahead than last time.

Eventually I got a message on my screen that I actually paired the headset with the PS3 even though it took some resetting the PS3 and stuff. However, I could not turn the headset on by pressing the power button and could not use it regardless if the PS3 were on or not.

It showed up in PS3 Bluetooth and Audio settings but I could not change anything to get it to work or even connect the device and could not see any audio levels and could not turn the headset on at all.

I went to "mange Bluetooth accessories" and tried scanning, deleting the accessory, and retrying everything and connecting and everything. Same stuff every time.

Can't I turn the thing on without the PS3 having to be on? Shouldn't a green light be on the power button when I press it? You just have to hold it for 3 seconds to turn on and 5 seconds to turn off. I get nothing at all. I only got that green light once I paired it. After that nothing I tried seemed to make it work. I still get the red flashing ring if I plug it in again though which is the recharging indicator and I can get the green light to come on once I reset everything and try to pair again.

Was I supposed to pair it before charging it? I charged it before pairing it.

If I can't get this thing to work, I'm gonna use it for a butt plug instead.
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
WD 1TB Caviar Black 64MB cache SATA 6 Gb/s
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt

Band: http://www.myspace.com/hollowappostle
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 07:10 PM   #2
ViN86

Default Re: Official PS3 Bluetooth headset problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
I thought I had bought a broken PS3 official Bluetooth headset I got a little while ago so I exchanged the first one for another today. Got further ahead than last time.

Eventually I got a message on my screen that I actually paired the headset with the PS3 even though it took some resetting the PS3 and stuff. However, I could not turn the headset on by pressing the power button and could not use it regardless if the PS3 were on or not.

It showed up in PS3 Bluetooth and Audio settings but I could not change anything to get it to work or even connect the device and could not see any audio levels and could not turn the headset on at all.

I went to "mange Bluetooth accessories" and tried scanning, deleting the accessory, and retrying everything and connecting and everything. Same stuff every time.

Can't I turn the thing on without the PS3 having to be on? Shouldn't a green light be on the power button when I press it? You just have to hold it for 3 seconds to turn on and 5 seconds to turn off. I get nothing at all. I only got that green light once I paired it. After that nothing I tried seemed to make it work. I still get the red flashing ring if I plug it in again though which is the recharging indicator and I can get the green light to come on once I reset everything and try to pair again.

Was I supposed to pair it before charging it? I charged it before pairing it.

If I can't get this thing to work, I'm gonna use it for a butt plug instead.
It shouldn't matter when you pair it.

Have you checked out the audio settings on the PS3 to make sure the mic and voice out are going to the device?

Go to:
Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Audio Device Settings to set the headset as your voice device

Also you can go to:
Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Manage Bluetooth Devices to remove the device or pair it again.

Also fwiw, any generic bluetooth headset will work. You don't need a specific PS3 one. This isn't microsoft we're dealing with.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-09, 05:38 AM   #3
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
It shouldn't matter when you pair it.

Have you checked out the audio settings on the PS3 to make sure the mic and voice out are going to the device?

Go to:
Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Audio Device Settings to set the headset as your voice device

Also you can go to:
Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Manage Bluetooth Devices to remove the device or pair it again.

Also fwiw, any generic bluetooth headset will work. You don't need a specific PS3 one. This isn't microsoft we're dealing with.
Yeah,I did all of that several times and nothing. I try the option of connecting and it says "A connection could not be established (80010009)".

Searched the internet with that error code for an answer and still can't get it to work. I looked up the error on playstation site and it says "wrong passcode". I didn't get the option of putting one in so wtf.

Regardless, shouldn't the green light come on when I press the power button for the allotted time? It does not come on at all when I press it, only saw it come on when I paired it.
Did I actually get two bad headsets (I exchanged the first one at the same place...yeah yeah...Walmart)?
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt

Old 12-12-09, 10:56 AM   #4
ViN86

Try removing the Bluetooth device, then try adding it again.

Do you still have the book for the headset? I know it's silly, but the directions may help. Also it may list a passcode. Typically default passcodes are 0000.
Old 12-12-09, 02:47 PM   #5
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Try removing the Bluetooth device, then try adding it again.

Do you still have the book for the headset? I know it's silly, but the directions may help. Also it may list a passcode. Typically default passcodes are 0000.
Done that several times. I followed the instructions several time and checked the internet for others experiences. There is no option to input a passcode and I know about it being 0000. Did I really get 2 duds in a row? It's a pain in the ass for me to exchange it taking the bus and all.

I have nothing else to test it on.
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt

Old 12-12-09, 10:44 PM   #6
ViN86

Can you test it on your cell phone?

You may want to contact Sony. There may be something wrong with the Bluetooth on your PS3. Also, try getting a cheap generic headset for $20 or something and see if that does it.
Old 12-13-09, 06:47 AM   #7
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

I don't own a cellphone.

OK, here's the weird thing I found out now. I cannot turn the headset on unless it's attached to the charging cradle. By it self unattached, nope. Plugged into the PS3 with USB, hope, only charges.

Kept deleting and retrying different things but nothing but that changed. When it is in the cradle and I turn it on I can actually have my voice register but can't get it to come through the headset itself, that option is grayed out. I can get it to come through my TV though.

Of course, that fact I can't get it to work by itself makes it useless to me.

Instructions just said, charge it (3 hours...I did that and more and watched the lights on it), plug it into the PS3 directly via USB and it will pair (it does). Then take the USB cable out and hold the power button on the headset for 3 seconds and it should work. That's where it fails. If I can't turn it on then I can't use it.

I simply cannot get the thing to turn on without it being in the cradle.
That's two in a row I can't get to work. Should be straightforward and simple but it doesn't work.

I've deleted and retried probably about 40 times now.
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt

Old 12-13-09, 07:20 AM   #8
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

I'm beginning to think it's my PS3.
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt