Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-10, 07:43 AM   #205
ViN86

Default Re: ***Official Red Dead Redemption Feedback Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
****ING WOLF QUEST MOTHER ****ING **** WOLF ATTACKING ****ING PEOPLE AND NOT ****STORMING THE ****ING ELK!!!111111111
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 07:50 AM   #206
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
You're so abrasive lately about consoles and PCs.

We're waiting for what we consider the superior version. Do what you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Why would I want to play it now with so much less detail than I can play it on the PC with crap controls when I will be able to use mouse and keyboard?? I mean its like riding a bike right now when I can wait a few months and drive a Ferrari. I hope you enjoy your Huffy...
This is the CONSOLE SECTION. Why are you here again mailman? If you can't do anything but troll, then you're not welcomed in this thread. If you don't like the console version and want to wait for the PC release, that's fine. But post it once, then leave. Don't sit here and stir up this PC vs. console bull****. I am sick of it.

Stop trolling. This is your last warning. You guys talk about how hostile Hunt and Magus are, but you're just riling them up. You entered this thread to start ****. There's no reason for you to be in this thread. You are welcome to post your opinions once, but starting the stupid PC vs. console bull**** here is not going to happen.

No more or it will be deleted.
Old 05-23-10, 08:42 AM   #207
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

love the pc fanboys in here.... game isn't even confirmed for their system yet (by rockstar) and they come into the console section like they own the place.

back to the topic:
the mp system is awesome, i love the xp updates, the outfits, the mexican stand offs and the variety of game types to choose from. i love how there's even missions in free roam. i was really worried, especially after the crap fest that gta4 was online, but it really seems they took their time and did this well. ah well... back to safe cracking.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 02:57 PM   #208
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
****ING WOLF QUEST MOTHER ****ING **** WOLF ATTACKING ****ING PEOPLE AND NOT ****STORMING THE ****ING ELK!!!111111111
I had the same issue when I was about to rope a crook (not just any crook the one I needed for the Deadly Assassin Outfit), just as I rope him and ****ing cougar kills my horse and attacks me. My horse is dead, I'm dying then the crooks pals show up. I manage to kill them using Dead Eye quickly, then kill the cougar. I think yay, I can get out of here. Just as I get onto one of the dead guys horses. Another ****ing cougar shows up and swats me off the horse, kills the horse then comes back and finishes me off. ::

****ING COUGARS!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 05:49 PM   #209
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I was reading the thread to learn more about the game because I am looking forward to it... saw some people mocking the idea of waiting, so I made some posts about how waiting is not a horrible thing. Other than making fun of Hunt, which is typical because he makes fun of everyone, I don't think I was hostile, trolling or "acting like a fanboy." I'm simply waiting for my preferred version, and that seems to bother a few people for some reason. And I resent the idea of PC-only gamers having no reason to be in this section, and I am not a PC-only gamer in the first place.

Not sure why tempers are so hot over a simple thing like waiting for a PC port of a game. Granted mailman got pretty angry eventually, which is why I posted things got too hostile, but don't lump everyone in this thread together.

And with that, I go back to simply reading about the game.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 05:54 PM   #210
|MaguS|

I heard its going to be a steam exclusive...
Old 05-23-10, 06:10 PM   #211
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I heard its going to be a steam exclusive...
Lol. That would be hilarious. Narc would explode because eventually Steam MIGHT go down and WTF is he going to do about his century old games that he has no access to anymore?!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 08:44 PM   #212
ViN86

Quote:
I was reading the thread to learn more about the game because I am looking forward to it... saw some people mocking the idea of waiting, so I made some posts about how waiting is not a horrible thing. Other than making fun of Hunt, which is typical because he makes fun of everyone, I don't think I was hostile, trolling or "acting like a fanboy." I'm simply waiting for my preferred version, and that seems to bother a few people for some reason. And I resent the idea of PC-only gamers having no reason to be in this section, and I am not a PC-only gamer in the first place.

Not sure why tempers are so hot over a simple thing like waiting for a PC port of a game. Granted mailman got pretty angry eventually, which is why I posted things got too hostile, but don't lump everyone in this thread together.

And with that, I go back to simply reading about the game.
My post was more of a response to your statement, and a warning to mailman. But take it w/e way you want as long as the thread stays on topic. Ok, continue everyone

Old 05-23-10, 08:56 PM   #213
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
I'm simply waiting for my preferred version, and that seems to bother a few people for some reason. And I resent the idea of PC-only gamers having no reason to be in this section, and I am not a PC-only gamer in the first place.
same here, games that will possibly get released on PC, i can wait for. Games that will not (PGR series, Soul Calibur Series, Dead or Alive series etc..) I actually played on RROD_Box.
Old 05-23-10, 09:21 PM   #214
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Lol. That would be hilarious. Narc would explode because eventually Steam MIGHT go down and WTF is he going to do about his century old games that he has no access to anymore?!
I buy Steamworks games jackass, see Just Cause 2 and Metro 2033 on my Steam profile? That is because I bought them.

I just don't see why I should add Steam DRM to games that otherwise would not be burdened with it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 09:45 PM   #215
Yaboze

I don't know of any Console game that's better than a PC game in 2010 (or even 2009). With that said, if you have a backlog of games or better things to do, there's nothing wrong with waiting for a possible PC version. If you're waiting for Gears of War 2, then that's laughable. GTA IV did release for the PC, so maybe this one will, too. It won't be for a while because that would eat into the console sales....and that means money for Sony, MS and Rockstar.

Lastly, for me, sometimes I get the Console version because a few friends are getting it and we'll play on Xbox Live, plus, you can trade in console games much easier.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 10:20 PM   #216
Viral
Registered User of Women

I'm really loving this game . The gameplay just relaxes me so much, the complete opposite of GTAIV really. Any game that can make me feel relaxed but still have challenges is full of win in my book.

There do seem to be a lot of animals around to hunt, although I guess the rarer predator animals like Cougars and to an extent wolves are a little harder to come across. Still, there are times when the amount of animals in one area just seems rediculous and kinda makes hunting a lot easier than I thought it would be.

The missions I really like. So much better than GTAIV missions it's not funny. I loved the earlier missions of rounding cattle, capturing and breaking in brumbys and stuff like that, very different from any other game out there and as I said quite relaxing.

Graphics are good and bad. The lighting I absolutely love, despite night being a little light at times. The game just has a perfect level of bloom and contrast adjustment to really capture that overexposed look. Walking out from a dark saloon into a bright street just looks exactly as it should.

The bad though of course is most of the textures and foliage, although I really don't care after a while, especially at fast pace on my kentucky saddler where there's no way I'll notice that sort of thing. Jaggies on the other hand are pretty noticable, but like any console game, I put them out of my mind after I get into the game enough.

The map is simply awesome. It feels very natural and the scope of it all is just perfect - large, but with a good horse not daunting. Besides, there's that magical campfire fast travel thing, lol.

Great game overall so far, definitely deserves the rave reviews.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote