Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-24-10, 01:35 AM   #217
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: ***Official Red Dead Redemption Feedback Thread***

I myself have the War Horse, it's supposed to be the best bar some rare wild ones. Still my horse from Bonnie was one shotted by a cougar, my war horse hasn't fallen to one yet, well not even when swarmed by 4 of them.

As for the missions, I agree, some really good ones. American Appetites was funny and yet really creepy.

Has anyone explored Tumbleweed yet? Apparently it's haunted?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 07:22 AM   #218
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I don't know of any Console game that's better than a PC game in 2010 (or even 2009). With that said, if you have a backlog of games or better things to do, there's nothing wrong with waiting for a possible PC version.
I have a back catalog of about 20+ games that I would like to finish I really need to stop buying games before I can finish the current ones, so much wasted cash.

Plus latelly I almost had no time to actually play games, finally got a job back, plus spend almost all my free time biking, hiking, photo hobby etc...
Old 05-24-10, 09:24 AM   #219
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I played a few hours yesterday on the 360. Really enjoying it. The voice acting and writing are awesome and the animation of all the characters and NPC's is beautiful.

The huge open views are awesome as well and like Viral mentioned, it's a very soothing environment. MUCH slower pace than the GTA games and the overwhelming sensation of the maze like cities that always bugged me about the GTA games is completely void.

I also like that it's not a totally empty desert between towns. Lots of little nooks and crannies of the landscape to explore and plenty of the go at your own pace style side missions like the sharpshooters and hunter challenges.

One question though for you guys who are more than 10% into it, is there a way to make money through some type of business investment? Something that can generate revenue while you're away then you come back to collect?

Or is the treasure hunter missions the best way to earn $$?

Also... Awesome

4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 03:01 PM   #220
Gnaddel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post

One question though for you guys who are more than 10% into it, is there a way to make money through some type of business investment? Something that can generate revenue while you're away then you come back to collect?

I've finished the story missions today and I have not encountered such a way to make money. Not that you would need money for anything though. The only really expensive items seem to be the horses (1500-750) but I've finished the missions with the one you catch in a mission at the beginning and didn't have any problems. I am not even sure if the expensive horses are faster than that one. You basically never have to buy amunition and you can get all the better weapons through missions....

Audiatur et altera pars!
Gnaddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 03:05 PM   #221
crainger

Heh, I got the dastardly trophey last night. Some bitch was calling for a ride, I stopped and she pushed me off my horse and stole him. So I just whistled and he threw her off and lassoed the bitch and thought, now what? Well I was right near the train tracks. Didn't loose any honour. ::
Old 05-24-10, 07:16 PM   #222
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Heh, I got the dastardly trophey last night. Some bitch was calling for a ride, I stopped and she pushed me off my horse and stole him. So I just whistled and he threw her off and lassoed the bitch and thought, now what? Well I was right near the train tracks. Didn't loose any honour. ::
I've had someone call for a ride then steal my horse but I just shot them. Pretty cool you can tie them to the tracks after hog tying them.

I rode through tumbleweed last night, a whole bunch of bandits had taken it over and captured a sheriff. Killing them off is pretty easy and once you free the sheriff you head up to an old mansion on the hill and take out the rest of them. The place does look kinda spooky but I'm not sure if later missions there could involve it being haunted in some way...

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 07:20 PM   #223
Viral
Registered User of Women

I've had my horse killed a few times and decided to load the game. I've actually done a stupid thing twice, which involved calling my horse, seeing an animal I want to kill and going into dead eye, only to have my horse ride by and it lock on to him. Now that it's happened a few times I've made it a habit to turn around before releasing.

What I like in this game is how there are no coloured arrows or markers above people or anything like that. In missions you can see who is good or bad on your map, but in many random generated side missions you come across you need to spot who is good and bad before firing. It takes a bit of getting used to but I'm glad they didn't dumb it down.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Old 05-24-10, 10:08 PM   #224
|MaguS|

So I put 3 hours into the X360 version and an hour into the PS3 version and I have to say, those comparison shots do not do the game justice on the PS3. I don't see any blur on the PS3 version, honestly the only difference I do see is more jaggies and less foliage on the PS3 version but the colors look better for me on the PS3 but I think thats due to me running the PS3 on HDMI versus the X360 on Component.

Old 05-24-10, 10:31 PM   #225
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Stumped on what else I need to do to get 100% . Have done everything people list as required but I am stuck at 99.5% .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 12:33 AM   #226
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
I've had someone call for a ride then steal my horse but I just shot them. Pretty cool you can tie them to the tracks after hog tying them.

I rode through tumbleweed last night, a whole bunch of bandits had taken it over and captured a sheriff. Killing them off is pretty easy and once you free the sheriff you head up to an old mansion on the hill and take out the rest of them. The place does look kinda spooky but I'm not sure if later missions there could involve it being haunted in some way...
Yeah. I don't think it's haunted, just spooky. Really spooky after reading the podium thingy in the church.

Also, I'm a good guy and when I went to Thieves Landing half the town started shooting at me. Now I'm not sure if it was because I helped a kidnapped girl in town, I was wearing my Duster (awarded for being heroic) or a combination. Anyone know what triggers the town to attack?

I made a second visit, wearing my deadly assassin outfit, the bandana and I didn't help anyone, and the town didn't shoot at all. I did hear a few people say "What are you doing here?!) So my guess is if you help anyone in a way that leads to attacking a gang member, the town, which is mostly gang members will openly attack you in the streets.
Old 05-25-10, 07:42 AM   #227
Viral
Registered User of Women

I'm still fairly early in the game but I was just in thieves landing with my duster and got shot at after a while by some gang. I tied them all up and ran over them with my horse. It was a good laugh.

Not sure what triggers it though, pretty sure I got it with my elegant suit as well but I might be confusing that for the time I tried to save that hooker only to find the offenders gang were all standing behind me.

I like hog tying everyone now. They pull their guns but rarely shoot you so it's pretty easy. PS. I tried to hog tie a hog, it doesn't work

Old 05-25-10, 11:50 AM   #228
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Yeah. I don't think it's haunted, just spooky. Really spooky after reading the podium thingy in the church.

Also, I'm a good guy and when I went to Thieves Landing half the town started shooting at me. Now I'm not sure if it was because I helped a kidnapped girl in town, I was wearing my Duster (awarded for being heroic) or a combination. Anyone know what triggers the town to attack?

I made a second visit, wearing my deadly assassin outfit, the bandana and I didn't help anyone, and the town didn't shoot at all. I did hear a few people say "What are you doing here?!) So my guess is if you help anyone in a way that leads to attacking a gang member, the town, which is mostly gang members will openly attack you in the streets.
for tumbleweed mansion, I went there (as part of the treasure hunter side missions) to the basement and heard voices and footsteps upstairs. I just assumed there were people up there but when I went up from the basement into the house it was totally empty. Went back downstairs and the sound of people walking around and muffled voices returned. Not sure it it's a glitch or if R* intended for it to appear haunted.

Also, I never got attacked in thieves landing. I did take the stage coach there but no one said anything to me.

Anyways, I've encountered a pretty nasty glitch in the game that seems to not really happen for any reason in particular or in any particular place. It seems that sometimes during a mission, if I pause the game, the menu doesn't appear... furthermore, if I complete the mission and I have to approach someone to talk to complete teh mission, I approach them and then it never triggers the cut scene. It just sits there, i can't control the guy and the controller is completely unresponsive.

Example: In Bonnie's horse breaking in mission, I chased down the stallion and the lasso mysteriously wouldn't work. It sort of had this wierd jerky hand motion like the animation wouldn't work right. so rather than lasso the horse, I just walked up to it and hopped on and it didn't trigger the bucking bronco thing. It just told me to ride over to Bonnie so I did and then it just sat there unresponsive with no menu or anything. I basically had to re-start the game and start that mission all over again.

Exact same thing happened on Coot's first mission where I had to steal the sheriff's horse. Completed the task then went back to Coot and it just froze up.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote