Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-23-09, 03:09 AM   #37
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: Zomg Crysis 2 screens?

Aion used the original Far Cry engine, if I am not mistaken.

What other games use the Cryengine2? Its junk. Its very true the physics were okay, the AI was junk, and dead bodies had to remain where they fell because of some stupid law, and lets not forget the lack of blood, and dismemberment. As far as I am concerned with this engine, it does look good, does it look good enough to not run at least at 30FPS in DX10 mode? Nope. It is very poorly optimized compared to other games that utilize DX10. In DX9 I get 50 FPS maxed out at 1600 by 1050. Great considering the game doesn't look all that much better in DX10 mode.

I ain't dissing crysis but the MP was horrible, and the game lacked anything really to gain from. It was a tech demo, honestly.
Old 12-23-09, 03:32 AM   #38
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I thought the game was amazing and who cares about DX10? DX9 is very well optmized for how amazing it looks.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-09, 04:32 AM   #39
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Exactly why is it important that they go DX11? So that .5% of the market uses it? I mean they were a debut DX10 and it was nothing but negative talks about how little it offered to the engine.

I rather they develop a capable engine that offers high level of IQ without such a high performance hit. I don't care what API they use.
You think it will still be .5% when Crysis 2 launches? I think not.

Making the game DX11 will take much less effort than it took to include a DX10 path in Crysis. DX11 is meant to be able to do the same things DX10 does more efficiently, as well as better. So my concern is regarding performance.

Also after seeing the AvP tesselation demo's I'm very impressed with how it can be used for environments and models.

I'm not really worried though, I'm sure they'll include a DX11 path and hopefully make good use of tesselation. The only thing I'm still unsure about is how it will perform. That has nothing to do with consoles at all since it's not a console port.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-09, 01:31 PM   #40
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Well but the DX9 and Xp market wont die anytime soon thats for sure.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-09, 02:15 PM   #41
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
Aion used the original Far Cry engine, if I am not mistaken.

What other games use the Cryengine2? Its junk. Its very true the physics were okay, the AI was junk, and dead bodies had to remain where they fell because of some stupid law, and lets not forget the lack of blood, and dismemberment. As far as I am concerned with this engine, it does look good, does it look good enough to not run at least at 30FPS in DX10 mode? Nope. It is very poorly optimized compared to other games that utilize DX10. In DX9 I get 50 FPS maxed out at 1600 by 1050. Great considering the game doesn't look all that much better in DX10 mode.

I ain't dissing crysis but the MP was horrible, and the game lacked anything really to gain from. It was a tech demo, honestly.
Also be-careful of the killer sandbags and don't punch too many static objects. They often hit back
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-09, 08:53 PM   #42
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Two other games? that's pathetic. Since when would you spend a ton of money developing an engine for two other game to use it?

UE3 is being used a lot more than the CryENGINE because it's alot more scalable. Assassins Creed, Batman and MassEffect being just a few.

Crytek better hope that's not marketing talk with their CRYENGINE3.
It's engineered for the crysis franchise you moron, the extra sold copys are only a bonus. UE3 is alot less demanding and also alot cheaper than Ce2, there's reasons why it's only been licenced to 8 other game developers this far. And this engine also isn't for consoles, which the UE3 and the games you mention above ARE, thats one more reason why it hasn't sold so many licenses. And since most ppl have pretty average systems and doesn't care so much about graphics buying Ce2 isn't very motivated for game developers... but that doesn't make it a bad engine. In the future when virtual reality and ppls systems catches up and when they license it for consoles too, there will be a different story.

But when Ce3 comes, it will be sold alot more, believe me.
Quote:
The AI in Crysis is shockingly bad and so are the physics.
Man youre so totally stupid, the physics in crysis is one of the best yet in games, and the AI is also interesting. Unlike Cod4 and assassins creed for example. GTFO damn crysis hater.

_
Quote:
dead bodies had to remain where they fell because of some stupid law, and lets not forget the lack of blood.
There's a mod who fixes the dead body thing you mention, this is due to stupid german laws and not crytek's fault, also blood do exist, but it's not exaggerated.

Quote:
As far as I am concerned with this engine, it does look good, does it look good enough to not run at least at 30FPS in DX10 mode? Nope.
Wrong again, i can maintain a 30+ fps in DX10 even with a crappy radeon 3650, dualcore cpu + 2gb RAM and the graphics are still very good (overall high settings with the postprocess, shader and water elements set to veryhigh and some settings on medium such as objects, shadows and particles+effects)
And it's not poor optimized, the engine is demanding... and the leveldesigns are about the same as TES4: Oblivion and FC2's... only far better/advanced graphics, that's why it's so demanding, the engine is ahead of it's time, if crysis was released 2010 it would still look better than most games and it wouldn't be so many complaining about poor performance as u can get a graphics card today for $100 that performs better than the best graphics cards that was available when crysis was released (2007) that cost $600+ back then.
Old 12-23-09, 09:15 PM   #43
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Merry Christmas btw
Old 12-23-09, 09:53 PM   #44
|MaguS|

Quote:
Two other games? that's pathetic. Since when would you spend a ton of money developing an engine for two other game to use it?

UE3 is being used a lot more than the CryENGINE because it's alot more scalable. Assassins Creed, Batman and MassEffect being just a few.

Crytek better hope that's not marketing talk with their CRYENGINE3.
Assassins Creed is not Unreal Engine. It's running on the Scimitar Engine developed by Ubisoft, no way related to the Unreal Engine.

Old 12-23-09, 10:05 PM   #45
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
It's engineered for the crysis franchise you moron, the extra sold copys are only a bonus. UE3 is alot less demanding and also alot cheaper than Ce2, there's reasons why it's only been licenced to 8 other game developers this far. And this engine also isn't for consoles, which the UE3 and the games you mention above ARE, thats one more reason why it hasn't sold so many licenses. And since most ppl have pretty average systems and doesn't care so much about graphics buying Ce2 isn't very motivated for game developers... but that doesn't make it a bad engine. In the future when virtual reality and ppls systems catches up and when they license it for consoles too, there will be a different story.

But when Ce3 comes, it will be sold alot more, believe me.

Man youre so totally stupid, the physics in crysis is one of the best yet in games, and the AI is also interesting. Unlike Cod4 and assassins creed for example. GTFO damn crysis hater.

_

There's a mod who fixes the dead body thing you mention, this is due to stupid german laws and not crytek's fault, also blood do exist, but it's not exaggerated.

Wrong again, i can maintain a 30+ fps in DX10 even with a crappy radeon 3650, dualcore cpu + 2gb RAM and the graphics are still very good (overall high settings with the postprocess, shader and water elements set to veryhigh and some settings on medium such as objects, shadows and particles+effects)
And it's not poor optimized, the engine is demanding... and the leveldesigns are about the same as TES4: Oblivion and FC2's... only far better/advanced graphics, that's why it's so demanding, the engine is ahead of it's time, if crysis was released 2010 it would still look better than most games and it wouldn't be so many complaining about poor performance as u can get a graphics card today for $100 that performs better than the best graphics cards that was available when crysis was released (2007) that cost $600+ back then.
As many screenshots as you posted, you sir are a fan boy.

So your opinion, or anything you say means nothing here.

I am sorry but blood is a big deal in-games. A person alone can bleed a lot. I am looking forward to AVP3, not some tech demo that claimed to be god like. The game didn't even look like it was suppose to when it came out, they displayed it running so smoothly. Okay thats nice. I can get 30 FPS to maxed out, but again my game still doesn't come close to looking as good as the game was suppose to have looked, and there is screenshots showing it.

As for Crysis being compared to Oblivion, it runs fine on my system, and the level design was nothing like Oblivion. The physics in this game are not the best around, you sound like one of those CS:Source guys that play that crappy engine all the time. This game had some nice looking physics but the best? Nope. They were buggy, and a little lame. The story was not very well put together, like I said I've seen a lot better. To make crysis out to be something it never was, is insane, and it makes you look like a big fan boy, which from all the screenshots you are. Theres a name for you, and that is graphics *****. The perfect game in my opinion which also is again just my opinion was AVP2. It had awesome graphics for its time, ran great, the Single Player was awesome, offering three different story's, and three different ways to play. The Multiplayer had several game modes, all were fun, with its own style, and it was cheat proof for along time.

I am sorry but I can change my settings in DX10 mode to Medium, and honestly my FPS doesn't rise that much more. DX10 was pretty pathetic in terms of what it promised. DX11 on the other hand is actually suppose to offer something. Quit being a fan boy and look past the pretty colorful graphics. Honestly it produces an ice jungle setting, nothing more then that. The inside of the levels is easily comparable to Riddick.

Oh and the AI are stupid. I stealth-ed through the whole game without hardly attracting any attention to myself, at least the jungle portion of the game. I sit atop a rock and sniped all the enemies while they ran about like idiots, never once was I cloaked, just a little father off, and I was using a assault rifle, un-silenced. I have it installed right now, and am currently playing through. Experiencing nothing new, and not very entertained by the game that was suppose to be game of the year. Its like when EA put out BF2142, everyone knew it was crappy, but EA has a great big market, so a bunch of people bought the game. Crysis was hyped way before its released, and I to bought into that hype, but never again, because it was not what was promised. BF2 was suppose to have a crane in which you could shoot the cargo boxes down, but the video and idea totally disappeared once the game was released. It was on Kubra Dam. Crysis had many of those, which vanished.
Old 12-23-09, 10:21 PM   #46
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Well I hope the game turns out to be fun. The first one seemed to be a sexy bug ridden gameplay dud to me. Although I did have a lot of fun searching for all the Elk...

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-09, 12:45 AM   #47
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetFanBoy View Post
Well I hope the game turns out to be fun. The first one seemed to be a sexy bug ridden gameplay dud to me. Although I did have a lot of fun searching for all the Elk...

Elk? heh. This engine would make a great deer hunting game, now that you mention it!
Old 12-24-09, 01:28 AM   #48
agentkay

Dismember/Gore mod:
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=28537&page=1

AI Mod:
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=24954

Took me 1 minute to find.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote