Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-24-09, 01:59 AM   #49
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: Zomg Crysis 2 screens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Exactly why is it important that they go DX11? So that .5% of the market uses it? I mean they were a debut DX10 and it was nothing but negative talks about how little it offered to the engine.

I rather they develop a capable engine that offers high level of IQ without such a high performance hit. I don't care what API they use.
AMD has already stated that they've shipped over 800 000 DX11 GPUs and when Crysis 2 comes out that number should have increased dramatically.

DX11 is mostly just marketing, but I wouldn't mind having some tessellated mountains/environments especially since the xbox360 also supports it.
Old 12-24-09, 02:03 AM   #50
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

I think DX10 was more marketing, and DX11 will actually do something.

To the guy that posted mods. I don't want mods, why would I want to mod a game that should of came out like that? The point still is, that Crysis had crappy AI, broken physics, crappy gore/static bodies. It was a tech demo, and the play through value of the game is probably one time through. Crysis's over hyped marketing is what made it such a popular good selling game.
Old 12-24-09, 04:28 AM   #51
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
I think DX10 was more marketing, and DX11 will actually do something.

To the guy that posted mods. I don't want mods, why would I want to mod a game that should of came out like that? The point still is, that Crysis had crappy AI, broken physics, crappy gore/static bodies. It was a tech demo, and the play through value of the game is probably one time through. Crysis's over hyped marketing is what made it such a popular good selling game.
I, among so many others, would disagree with you on every point in your post. You can't fault the Ai if you play the game on easy or medium. The Physics are among the best in any game to date. Not enough gore - are you serious? Most games today have too much of it and a game does not need gore in order to be good. If you think otherwise you're probably a 12 year old who shouldn't be playing those kinds of games anyways.
Old 12-24-09, 04:43 AM   #52
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
I, among so many others, would disagree with you on every point in your post. You can't fault the Ai if you play the game on easy or medium. The Physics are among the best in any game to date. Not enough gore - are you serious? Most games today have too much of it and a game does not need gore in order to be good. If you think otherwise you're probably a 12 year old who shouldn't be playing those kinds of games anyways.
+1 the Physics are awesome!I played the game on delta and the AI was great I sniped a guy out from the jungle and a squad swept the area I was at! then I sniped them LOL crappy gore ?!
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-09, 05:44 AM   #53
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Assassins Creed is not Unreal Engine. It's running on the Scimitar Engine developed by Ubisoft, no way related to the Unreal Engine.
Sorry about that. I must have confused it with another game.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-09, 05:55 AM   #54
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
It's engineered for the crysis franchise you moron, the extra sold copys are only a bonus. UE3 is alot less demanding and also alot cheaper than Ce2, there's reasons why it's only been licenced to 8 other game developers this far. And this engine also isn't for consoles, which the UE3 and the games you mention above ARE, thats one more reason why it hasn't sold so many licenses. And since most ppl have pretty average systems and doesn't care so much about graphics buying Ce2 isn't very motivated for game developers... but that doesn't make it a bad engine. In the future when virtual reality and ppls systems catches up and when they license it for consoles too, there will be a different story.

But when Ce3 comes, it will be sold alot more, believe me.

Man youre so totally stupid, the physics in crysis is one of the best yet in games, and the AI is also interesting. Unlike Cod4 and assassins creed for example. GTFO damn crysis hater.

_

There's a mod who fixes the dead body thing you mention, this is due to stupid german laws and not crytek's fault, also blood do exist, but it's not exaggerated.

Wrong again, i can maintain a 30+ fps in DX10 even with a crappy radeon 3650, dualcore cpu + 2gb RAM and the graphics are still very good (overall high settings with the postprocess, shader and water elements set to veryhigh and some settings on medium such as objects, shadows and particles+effects)
And it's not poor optimized, the engine is demanding... and the leveldesigns are about the same as TES4: Oblivion and FC2's... only far better/advanced graphics, that's why it's so demanding, the engine is ahead of it's time, if crysis was released 2010 it would still look better than most games and it wouldn't be so many complaining about poor performance as u can get a graphics card today for $100 that performs better than the best graphics cards that was available when crysis was released (2007) that cost $600+ back then.
I don't know of any other games where the static object's physics fight back and kill you. The AI is "interesting"? That's the best you can come up with?

As a game I liked Crysis but gameplay wise with balance of looks and performance, I thought FarCry2 was much better(my own opinion).

Yeah, I've gone back to Crysis with a better graphics card and it plays better, but there is nothing extra, it's way to short and the gameplay just dies when you get out of the mountain. The game has some epic parts don't get me wrong but after playing FarCry2 for 21 hours and still not close to finishing it, I feel it's an over all better game.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-09, 10:45 AM   #55
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
Yeah I am 12, will go with that. AVP2 best game to date. Like I said it was a pretty engine, that is it. Crappy game play, crappy story, and the AI was junk even on the hardest settings, and many have argued that, which is why there is several mods in existence making the AI harder, but in reality all they do is make the AI even more accurate from far off, they still are dumb, honestly in AVP2 at least when the Marines seen something they ran off from it and hid behind an object, not just stood out in the open like the Korean's do in this game.

The MP was garbage, and the amount of servers with actual players in them proves it, even Crysis Wars is similar. Everyone who played BF2 said it was perfect, it lacked a good single player to make it anything close to perfection, well this game lacks a good multiplayer, and the story is pathetically lame. Like I said it was fun to play through once, and that is not just my opinion, but the opinion of many.

So if you are a graphics ***** who cares nothing about how the game play actually is, or a fan boy who followed and believed Crysis was going to be the best game for along time to come, and are just in denial that it wasn't. Then maybe the game is what you guys keep defending it to be. For me, a person who did by into the hype, well its just a game that had great forest/jungle graphics, and there is plenty of those types of games out there, great graphics crappy game play.

The sheer amount of screenshots of pretty scenes shows that people really just couldn't get enough of the idea behind being able to rome through the dense jungle, that is where Crysis was great. Open wide forest areas. To bad the AI can see right past the dense forest and shoot you to death ain't it.
Old 12-25-09, 08:09 AM   #56
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I honestly don't see how an FPS fan could not enjoy Crysis. I thought it was a very good FPS with amazing graphics. Best FPS ever? No. Lived up to the hype? Probably not. Very good FPS? Yes.

It's the same with Halo and Modern Warfare, they get tons of hype and popularity and some people who don't instantly love the games feel the need to attack them. You don't have to looooove Crysis, but if you enjoy FPS games there is no reason to dislike it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-09, 01:11 AM   #57
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I honestly don't see how an FPS fan could not enjoy Crysis. I thought it was a very good FPS with amazing graphics. Best FPS ever? No. Lived up to the hype? Probably not. Very good FPS? Yes.

It's the same with Halo and Modern Warfare, they get tons of hype and popularity and some people who don't instantly love the games feel the need to attack them. You don't have to looooove Crysis, but if you enjoy FPS games there is no reason to dislike it.
Guns felt fake to me. I am a FPS player, and an old school AA fan. I have 89 Honor account. This game was pathetic for an FPS, in all honesty the only game that sucked more as an FPS was Half Life 2, and its pathetic hit boxes. Lets not forget how over hyped Crysis was.

I don't care what people think I know more people who hated Crysis then loved it.
Old 12-26-09, 05:28 AM   #58
JohnDio

You should try gulizard the Advanced AI mod, it doesn't make Crysis harder by simply making the enemies more accurate . Oh and mind you, the Koreans run to hide. It's funny when some try to criticize Crysis by saying inaccuracies, like a guy who was stating that the enemies weren't dying when you were head shooting them. Hilarious!

Also you don't care about mods? Duuuuuuuuude one of the PC gaming magic is modding.

Oh and the ammount of servers and players doesn't prove anything. For instance, Shattered Horizon provides a unique experience that you won't find in any other FPS, yet there are so few gamers playing it. This doesn't mean that the MP of Shattered Horizon is garbage. No, in fact it is amazing and finally, something DIFFERENT. Oh and i don't forget my beloved GRAW2 which has a small community, it is miles better than a lot other MP games, with amazing net-working and hitboxes.

The ammount of players doesn't equal with the quality of the MP!
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 05:32 AM   #59
K007

is dx10/11 in consoles?...maybe thats y dx10 failed?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 05:36 AM   #60
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
is dx10/11 in consoles?...maybe thats y dx10 failed?
xbox and ps3 are DX9
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote