Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-26-09, 05:39 AM   #61
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: Zomg Crysis 2 screens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
You should try gulizard the Advanced AI mod, it doesn't make Crysis harder by simply making the enemies more accurate . Oh and mind you, the Koreans run to hide. It's funny when some try to criticize Crysis by saying inaccuracies, like a guy who was stating that the enemies weren't dying when you were head shooting them. Hilarious!

Also you don't care about mods? Duuuuuuuuude one of the PC gaming magic is modding.

Oh and the ammount of servers and players doesn't prove anything. For instance, Shattered Horizon provides a unique experience that you won't find in any other FPS, yet there are so few gamers playing it. This doesn't mean that the MP of Shattered Horizon is garbage. No, in fact it is amazing and finally, something DIFFERENT. Oh and i don't forget my beloved GRAW2 which has a small community, it is miles better than a lot other MP games, with amazing net-working and hitboxes.

The ammount of players doesn't equal with the quality of the MP!
Mods are fine. I should be able to play through the game without them however. I tried the advanced AI mod, they are way to accurate. You don't stand a chance. People are prone to mod the game, people are also prone to use cheats, thats not me. I like to play through a game without using anything at first. I am not against modding.

GRAW2 was buggy, and it was no miles better or it'd have a bigger community. Just like crysis. Crysis is a pretty engine, all the graphics mods prove this, theres not a lot of mods to enhance game play or fully convert it, proving my point more. Mech Warrior does look fun however.

As for the amount of players, thats true. It doesn't. Counter Strike Source is an awful crappy pathetic attempt at being a good FPS, and its loved by millions. Most of them are pretty damn dumb when it comes down to a conversation with them. Just like WoW is made up of a lot of families, and kiddies that play more so then hardcore gamers. I can max out character in WoW quick, not for me. I liked EQ2, and some of the more hardcore MMO's. Sorry but Crysis is not that fun, nor is it that good.
Old 12-26-09, 06:06 AM   #62
JohnDio

Notice that he doesn't die immediately with the Advanced AI. Ofcourse if you are standing still, you'll eventually die though. This is common sense and has nothing to do with how accurate the enemies are. If you want to experience the enemy "auto-targeting", play Bionic Commando at the hardest difficulty.

Even if i upload other videos to demonstrate you the AI and Koreans tactics, i'm sure you'll find a reason to bash it . Point is that noone will change your mind, no matter what they show you, cause you're biased towards Crysis. Plain and simple

So yeah, it sucks for you and perhaps it's the worst game of the century. But that's your oppinion and there are others that disagree. And as you know more people hating Crysis than loving it, i know a lot more loving it than hating it. Oppinions oppinions oppinions
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 06:37 AM   #63
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATi View Post
xbox and ps3 are DX9
Xbox 360 is actually a DX9/10 hybrid and the PS3 is OpenGL ES.
Old 12-26-09, 08:12 AM   #64
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Yeah, the really annoying thing about DX10 is that the Xbox uses some aspects of it but when they port the games to PC they just use DX9 and we lose the AA and such (until we can force it).

They actively ignore DX10s existance. Hopefully DX11 will be better.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 08:23 AM   #65
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
oh nice info
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 10:08 AM   #66
jlippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Actually, most games on Ps3 use LibGCM which is pretty much direct access to RSX.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 10:36 AM   #67
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlippo View Post
Actually, most games on Ps3 use LibGCM which is pretty much direct access to RSX.
Just because some developers choose to use LibGCM doesn't mean the PS3 doesn't use OpenGL. Its mainly a library that allows access to the RSXs buffer directly.

I believe all Unreal Engine games on the PS3 use OpenGL.
Old 12-26-09, 12:46 PM   #68
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post

Notice that he doesn't die immediately with the Advanced AI. Ofcourse if you are standing still, you'll eventually die though. This is common sense and has nothing to do with how accurate the enemies are. If you want to experience the enemy "auto-targeting", play Bionic Commando at the hardest difficulty.

Even if i upload other videos to demonstrate you the AI and Koreans tactics, i'm sure you'll find a reason to bash it . Point is that noone will change your mind, no matter what they show you, cause you're biased towards Crysis. Plain and simple

So yeah, it sucks for you and perhaps it's the worst game of the century. But that's your oppinion and there are others that disagree. And as you know more people hating Crysis than loving it, i know a lot more loving it than hating it. Oppinions oppinions oppinions
Changing my mind would of been a lot easier, had once again EA not ditched Crysis to make another game and quit supporting the current one for the new one, which is how they roll. Either way you look at it buddy, this game is garbage. Its a graphics whores dream. That mod is the same mod I used, and the video is what he uses to show off what it can do, and it can do the exact same crap that the one I had did. Ask yourself how its possible to shoot that far with that precision and actually hit your target, without losing to bullet drop, or recoil. This mod is over rated, and as I said before modding the game should be something I'd want to do had I played it and liked the original version, but I didn't.

Old 12-26-09, 01:31 PM   #69
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
As many screenshots as you posted, you sir are a fan boy.

So your opinion, or anything you say means nothing here.

I am sorry but blood is a big deal in-games. A person alone can bleed a lot. I am looking forward to AVP3, not some tech demo that claimed to be god like. The game didn't even look like it was suppose to when it came out, they displayed it running so smoothly. Okay thats nice. I can get 30 FPS to maxed out, but again my game still doesn't come close to looking as good as the game was suppose to have looked, and there is screenshots showing it.

As for Crysis being compared to Oblivion, it runs fine on my system, and the level design was nothing like Oblivion. The physics in this game are not the best around, you sound like one of those CS:Source guys that play that crappy engine all the time. This game had some nice looking physics but the best? Nope. They were buggy, and a little lame. The story was not very well put together, like I said I've seen a lot better. Theres a name for you, and that is graphics *****. The perfect game in my opinion which also is again just my opinion was AVP2. It had awesome graphics for its time, ran great, the Single Player was awesome, offering three different story's, and three different ways to play. The Multiplayer had several game modes, all were fun, with its own style, and it was cheat proof for along time.

I am sorry but I can change my settings in DX10 mode to Medium, and honestly my FPS doesn't rise that much more. DX10 was pretty pathetic in terms of what it promised. DX11 on the other hand is actually suppose to offer something. Quit being a fan boy and look past the pretty colorful graphics. Honestly it produces an ice jungle setting, nothing more then that. The inside of the levels is easily comparable to Riddick.

Oh and the AI are stupid. I stealth-ed through the whole game without hardly attracting any attention to myself, at least the jungle portion of the game. I sit atop a rock and sniped all the enemies while they ran about like idiots, never once was I cloaked, just a little father off, and I was using a assault rifle, un-silenced. I have it installed right now, and am currently playing through. Experiencing nothing new, and not very entertained by the game that was suppose to be game of the year. Its like when EA put out BF2142, everyone knew it was crappy, but EA has a great big market, so a bunch of people bought the game. Crysis was hyped way before its released, and I to bought into that hype, but never again, because it was not what was promised. BF2 was suppose to have a crane in which you could shoot the cargo boxes down, but the video and idea totally disappeared once the game was released. It was on Kubra Dam. Crysis had many of those, which vanished.
I am a fan yes, but not a fanboy. I post pictures because the Engine itself impresses me and that i wanna share it with others, not just because it's crysis. Blood is a big deal for some, but most games doesn't have much more blood than in crysis. And on the other hand, it's made under german laws and blood is disabled by default. But i agree with you, more blood or a gore system would have been real nice in crysis. What i meant with crysis leveldesign being comparable to oblivion is not the mapdesign itself but the way vegetation, grass/trees/bushes etc are displayed and the big areas to render, which is compared to the leveldesign of call of duty, hl2 or assassins creed which mostly never uses large open environments that has alot of dense vegetations to render. And adding alot of advanced graphical techniques to it sure makes the fps go down in conjunction with that.

Now when you say the physis engine isn't "the best around" how can you even say that? from what i can see there's not many more games that has a breakable vegetation system and that has explosion blasts that affects the environment and vegetation around. Also houses has procedural breaking. And vegetation affects when you shot or walk through them. Isn't that a good physics engine? You must be really dumb. How many games has a better physics engine, please do tell me. Am not saying the physics engine are the best, but it hell is one of the best.

The AI is fine but can be bugged or annoying sometimes that's true, like with most games. As long as it's better than Infinity Wards am happy. All those promised features and stuff they took away was due to limited develop time, they didn't want to delay the game and many ppl was very anticipated to get the game.

Quote:
To make crysis out to be something it never was, is insane, and it makes you look like a big fan boy, which from all the screenshots you are.
Were not discussing the gameplay of crysis here, were talking about the engine itself, how optimized crysis was and blood system and physics. But youre the typical crysis hater that bashes crysis on no real good arguments. Just here to type down what you dislikes about it, like a child. Contribute to the discussion in a mature way and with something constructive please.

Quote:
To the guy that posted mods. I don't want mods, why would I want to mod a game that should of came out like that? The point still is, that Crysis had crappy AI, broken physics, crappy gore/static bodies. It was a tech demo, and the play through value of the game is probably one time through. Crysis's over hyped marketing is what made it such a popular good selling game.
Because it's fun to mod, and because the devs may not think about/have time to care about stuff that mods take care of. Stalker and Oblivion was 2 great examples of games that got alot better with the right mods. Crysis had ok AI, awesome physics and regular gore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I don't know of any other games where the static object's physics fight back and kill you. The AI is "interesting"? That's the best you can come up with?
Yeah the AI is interesting, the enemies try to hunt you down in squads., flanking etc. Nothing much wrong with it. But can bugg out sometime yeah. Objects that fall back and crush/damage you is very common even in real life in american homes. PPL do get hurt, especially small children if you have alot of sh*t laying around.

Quote:
Guns felt fake to me. I am a FPS player, and an old school AA fan. I have 89 Honor account. This game was pathetic for an FPS, in all honesty the only game that sucked more as an FPS was Half Life 2, and its pathetic hit boxes. Lets not forget how over hyped Crysis was.

I don't care what people think I know more people who hated Crysis then loved it.
MP was great in crysis and the feeling of the guns and the gunsystem itself are really good. But i can only complain about the MP, they remade the accurasy to the lot worse, but theres alot of servers up with ppl playing so it's quite popular, nothing really wrong with MP.

Game has perfect FPS elements you loser. And saying that Half-life 2 sucked really tells me how full of sh*t you are.
You're just one more crysis hater with bad excuses and no good arguments for your bullsh*t.
And for you knowing more ppl that hate crysis than likes it is due to the similarminded fools like youself that you hang with both on and off the internet.

Get lost kid.
Old 12-26-09, 01:40 PM   #70
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
I
Yeah the AI is interesting, the enemies try to hunt you down in squads., flanking etc. Nothing much wrong with it. But can bugg out sometime yeah. Objects that fall back and crush/damage you is very common even in real life in american homes. PPL do get hurt, especially small children if you have alot of sh*t laying around.
Right, right, but they don't have a Nano suit on and some common sense.

The video above shows how bad the AI is, the fact you need a third party mod to make it properly useful just shows.

Next time you punch a sandbag(they're supposed to stop big impacts) or vehicle, see if it kills you like in Crysis.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 02:39 PM   #71
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
I am a fan yes, but not a fanboy. I post pictures because the Engine itself impresses me and that i wanna share it with others, not just because it's crysis. Blood is a big deal for some, but most games doesn't have much more blood than in crysis. And on the other hand, it's made under german laws and blood is disabled by default. But i agree with you, more blood or a gore system would have been real nice in crysis. What i meant with crysis leveldesign being comparable to oblivion is not the mapdesign itself but the way vegetation, grass/trees/bushes etc are displayed and the big areas to render, which is compared to the leveldesign of call of duty, hl2 or assassins creed which mostly never uses large open environments that has alot of dense vegetations to render. And adding alot of advanced graphical techniques to it sure makes the fps go down in conjunction with that.

Now when you say the physis engine isn't "the best around" how can you even say that? from what i can see there's not many more games that has a breakable vegetation system and that has explosion blasts that affects the environment and vegetation around. Also houses has procedural breaking. And vegetation affects when you shot or walk through them. Isn't that a good physics engine? You must be really dumb. How many games has a better physics engine, please do tell me. Am not saying the physics engine are the best, but it hell is one of the best.

The AI is fine but can be bugged or annoying sometimes that's true, like with most games. As long as it's better than Infinity Wards am happy. All those promised features and stuff they took away was due to limited develop time, they didn't want to delay the game and many ppl was very anticipated to get the game.

Were not discussing the gameplay of crysis here, were talking about the engine itself, how optimized crysis was and blood system and physics. But youre the typical crysis hater that bashes crysis on no real good arguments. Just here to type down what you dislikes about it, like a child. Contribute to the discussion in a mature way and with something constructive please.

Because it's fun to mod, and because the devs may not think about/have time to care about stuff that mods take care of. Stalker and Oblivion was 2 great examples of games that got alot better with the right mods. Crysis had ok AI, awesome physics and regular gore.

MP was great in crysis and the feeling of the guns and the gunsystem itself are really good. But i can only complain about the MP, they remade the accurasy to the lot worse, but theres alot of servers up with ppl playing so it's quite popular, nothing really wrong with MP.

Game has perfect FPS elements you loser. And saying that Half-life 2 sucked really tells me how full of sh*t you are.
You're just one more crysis hater with bad excuses and no good arguments for your bullsh*t.
And for you knowing more ppl that hate crysis than likes it is due to the similarminded fools like youself that you hang with both on and off the internet.

Get lost kid.
Okay lets be realistic. Let me take you into the jungle with your machine gun, and lets see how many clips it takes to shoot down a tree. Breakable vegetation? I threw a grenade, and the vegetation doesn't break away. It remains static. Even if it did, it would just disappear.

Half Life 2 was garbage. It was also over hyped, and had a very wooden feel to it. I did not enjoy playing through, especially considering when I shoot a guy with a arrow when I ain't even aiming at him.

You are such a fan boy, there is no way you'd of posted such a long post if you weren't a fan boy. It really really shows. Okay it has a nice looking engine, that you're impressed with? Like I said it was a tech demo showing off DX10 and what not. The engine is not what a gamer wants, we want to play a game that is fun, with a great story. Not plagued with bugs. EA games always full of bugs, but you calling me a loser doesn't help your cause any at all. Like I said you are a fan boy, and everything about your post says that buddy. So keep going and making yourself look like a fool.

I am sure many would agree HL2 was a good game, as well as CS:S but the fact of the matter is, to many they weren't. Crysis was over hyped as are most EA games with promises never kept, just like all EA games. Its marketing, and when you realize that man you will stop posting bull**** on forums about how a game is good simply because "it looks good". If graphics were everything then we'd be in a world of trouble right now.

I bet you can find several post on here back when Crysis was unreleased of me defending that game. I was looking forward to it. It wasn't the game that it was suppose to be. I am not a typical hater of anything. In my opinion it wasn't a good game, and in the fact and definition of a fan boy, you are.

The Physics were gay, the AI was pathetic, and shooting trees with a gun is so fun, and realistic it reminds me of the fact I am playing a video game with good graphics where I can shoot trees and they fall over and lets not forget they don't fall fast like a real tree does, believe I've pushed enough down in my line of work, they fall slow. HL2 had better physics, its to bad it had a wooden game play, and the story sucked.
Old 12-26-09, 05:52 PM   #72
JohnDio

Quote:
Changing my mind would of been a lot easier, had once again EA not ditched Crysis to make another game and quit supporting the current one for the new one, which is how they roll. Either way you look at it buddy, this game is garbage. Its a graphics whores dream. That mod is the same mod I used, and the video is what he uses to show off what it can do, and it can do the exact same crap that the one I had did. Ask yourself how its possible to shoot that far with that precision and actually hit your target, without losing to bullet drop, or recoil. This mod is over rated, and as I said before modding the game should be something I'd want to do had I played it and liked the original version, but I didn't.
You expect realistic recoil and precision when you have a damn nanosuit and can jump like a predator? Jesus Christ, it's like watching a James Bond movie and saying <<Nyah the movie suckz cause you can't drive a boat on the roads>>. Ofcourse you can't, this movie is not like Saving Private Ryan,it's for another audience. The same applies to Crysis, you can't compare it to ArmA2 when it comes to ballistics or its realistic nature .

Before Crysis, you couldn't take down trees or interact with the vegetation. Yet you complain even for this, NEW feature that added a lot to the fights and the general feeling. You want realistic destructibility? Mod it, you have the tools. The devs never said that Crysis would be the most realistic game.

PS: Oh and the recoil/precision think has nothing to do with the AI we were discussing . As i said, there isn't auto-targeting from the enemies (like in MW2 for instance or generally in Call Of Duty), they use tactics, they move great in the levels (unlike other games), they try to hide, they try to flank you when others are suppressing you.

PS2: As for the Half-Life 2 physics... all of the great moments that involved the physics were SCRIPTED. I can't believe you were fooled with them. They are great but when the events end, try simply to repeat the destruction you saw in a house. Try to blow a wall, try to destroy the roof of a house (cause we were all amazed with the scene of when the aliens attack Gordon and Alyx in that warehouse. Well try to replicate it in-game and admire the static environments and the absence of the destructibility)
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote