Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-26-09, 06:56 PM   #73
Sean_W

Default Re: Zomg Crysis 2 screens?

Well, all I can say is; Let's hope they don't make the same mistakes with the AI, Physics and horrific bugs.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 07:00 PM   #74
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post

Notice that he doesn't die immediately with the Advanced AI. Ofcourse if you are standing still, you'll eventually die though. This is common sense and has nothing to do with how accurate the enemies are. If you want to experience the enemy "auto-targeting", play Bionic Commando at the hardest difficulty.

Even if i upload other videos to demonstrate you the AI and Koreans tactics, i'm sure you'll find a reason to bash it . Point is that noone will change your mind, no matter what they show you, cause you're biased towards Crysis. Plain and simple

So yeah, it sucks for you and perhaps it's the worst game of the century. But that's your oppinion and there are others that disagree. And as you know more people hating Crysis than loving it, i know a lot more loving it than hating it. Oppinions oppinions oppinions
the gun sounds/animations were really nice!...i cant wait to get my next gpu upgrade, just holding out to see what gt300 is, but i am gonna be playing crysis again with maxed details/mods
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 08:22 PM   #75
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Wow, I need that mag!
Old 12-28-09, 04:24 PM   #76
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
You expect realistic recoil and precision when you have a damn nanosuit and can jump like a predator? Jesus Christ, it's like watching a James Bond movie and saying <<Nyah the movie suckz cause you can't drive a boat on the roads>>. Ofcourse you can't, this movie is not like Saving Private Ryan,it's for another audience. The same applies to Crysis, you can't compare it to ArmA2 when it comes to ballistics or its realistic nature .

Before Crysis, you couldn't take down trees or interact with the vegetation. Yet you complain even for this, NEW feature that added a lot to the fights and the general feeling. You want realistic destructibility? Mod it, you have the tools. The devs never said that Crysis would be the most realistic game.

PS: Oh and the recoil/precision think has nothing to do with the AI we were discussing . As i said, there isn't auto-targeting from the enemies (like in MW2 for instance or generally in Call Of Duty), they use tactics, they move great in the levels (unlike other games), they try to hide, they try to flank you when others are suppressing you.

PS2: As for the Half-Life 2 physics... all of the great moments that involved the physics were SCRIPTED. I can't believe you were fooled with them. They are great but when the events end, try simply to repeat the destruction you saw in a house. Try to blow a wall, try to destroy the roof of a house (cause we were all amazed with the scene of when the aliens attack Gordon and Alyx in that warehouse. Well try to replicate it in-game and admire the static environments and the absence of the destructibility)
HL2 was not scripted. They reacted in different ways each time. I never saw a piece of wood fall twice, and I wasn't fooled. Sure somethings in HL2 were meant to fall, but the PHYSICS itself is what I was referring to.

Crysis is an okay game but its not the end all be all game, it has a lot of bugs, and at best it was a damn tech demo. Have fun arguing your point with yourself, because its not the best game in the world, and the server list shows that, and the single player portion of the game is short, and pretty lame.
Old 12-31-09, 10:48 AM   #77
TheANIMAL

Here is a link to a german Crysis website that allegedly has a photo of PCGamer screenshot of Crysis 2.

No idea if its legit, i certainly havent seen it before and the quality is pretty rubbish. It looks reasonably photo real even for Crysis.

http://translate.google.com/translat...D3&sl=de&tl=en
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 11:01 AM   #78
JohnDio

It's a legit screen of Crysis2, though it's a scan which definitely hides some graphical issues you'd notice if it was a direct high-res
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 11:30 AM   #79
Kakeshoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator View Post
no its a console port... leaves = leaves / 10;
hex no it aint no port... Its the Cryengine 3 that is optimized for consoles and PC, Although console players are limited by 720p and 1080p
http://www.crytek.com/technology/cry...pecifications/
I hope they get the MP part straight on Crysis 2... because it sucked.
> Chipset : Intel X58
> Processor : Core i7 920 @ 3.95 GHz
> Physical Memory : 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT 1600MHz
> Video Card : EVGA GTX 295
> Monitor Type : Acer P243w 24"
> Operating System : Windows 7 Pro
Kakeshoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 12:34 PM   #80
mojoman0

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...Type-of-Jungle

Quote:
The latest issue of PC Gamer, just hitting subscribers' hands now, has a few new details on what we can expect from Crysis 2. This time around it's all about a "new type of jungle."

"We are applying our expertise to a new style of "jungle" which we will discuss more in the upcoming months, but it is definitely far from tropical," says Camarillo. "We are very excited to introduce Crysis-style sandbox gameplay to a different, yet ultimately familiar environment."

He adds that the team "expects to have increased verticality over the traditional Crysis sandbox," and as such the enemy AI is being overhauled to utilize their new surroundings. When queried on the "Crysis is going to consoles, so the design must be gimped" topic, Camarillo explains that that's "not necessarily" the case. "In some ways it has allowed us to avoid overdesigning features, to keep the focus narrower and tight for a compelling experience on all platforms."
That was Crytek's Nathan Camarillo talking about the sequel. The team also hopes to be included in some of the most successful cross-platform shooter franchises in the world.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-09, 01:28 PM   #81
Kakeshoma

hmm.. overdesigning... I know he didnt want to say that
> Chipset : Intel X58
> Processor : Core i7 920 @ 3.95 GHz
> Physical Memory : 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT 1600MHz
> Video Card : EVGA GTX 295
> Monitor Type : Acer P243w 24"
> Operating System : Windows 7 Pro
Kakeshoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 09:48 PM   #82
Viral
Registered User of Women

Narrower? Yeah, that sounds... great. Makes it sound like it will be less open ended and more scripted, kinda like warhead.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 01:52 PM   #83
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

subscribed for mind-blowing screenshots
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-10, 07:11 PM   #84
TheANIMAL

Hmmm, that GI colour bleeding really does look nice.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote