Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-07-10, 03:01 PM   #49
CaptnStubing

Default Re: Gamespot's game of the year is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Ok, just read through the rest of the thread lol. Saw the Kingsfield part was already mentioned. But whatever...

Stubing... Be sure to search the first area very well, because there is a ring there (Cling Ring) that will let you have 75% of your health while in spirit form and that is a huge benefit to have while in soul form.
Yeah I got that ring and put it on right away. A very nice item.

I will say after ranting about the game earlier, I am reflecting on the game at the same time. I do have to say I did have fun. I think those couple of things I mentioned were getting in the way that I did play it for 2 hours and I liked killing stuff. I just want to see more of a connection between what I am killing to a reward other than just collecting souls from weak trash mobs to get a little bit better weapon. So here is my question. Is there a possibility to get a really good weapon to drop from a mob or is it just collect souls and beat a boss for good loot?
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 03:12 PM   #50
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post

I will say after ranting about the game earlier, I am reflecting on the game at the same time. I do have to say I did have fun. I think those couple of things I mentioned were getting in the way that I did play it for 2 hours and I liked killing stuff. I just want to see more of a connection between what I am killing to a reward other than just collecting souls from weak trash mobs to get a little bit better weapon. So here is my question. Is there a possibility to get a really good weapon to drop from a mob or is it just collect souls and beat a boss for good loot?
Most of the REALLY good weapons are crafted from boss souls, but you can get some decent ones from loot.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 04:12 PM   #51
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post

Read the Demon's Souls Wiki: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

It is a MUST for the game. It will tell you how to get better weapons, how to get through levels, where to find items, what items you should have before entering a level, etc.

Seriously, if you don't read the Wiki, you probably won't make it through more than 2 or 3 levels.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 04:41 PM   #52
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Read the Demon's Souls Wiki: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

It is a MUST for the game. It will tell you how to get better weapons, how to get through levels, where to find items, what items you should have before entering a level, etc.

Seriously, if you don't read the Wiki, you probably won't make it through more than 2 or 3 levels.
Oh I always play and finish games with out reading anything.
Old 01-07-10, 04:51 PM   #53
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well I gotta say followed your walkthrough order advice and it's been working very well for me Vin! Finished 1-1, 2-1, and 4-1 so far, gotta take a break as it's getting a little too tense! I freakin love this game.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 05:29 PM   #54
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Well I gotta say followed your walkthrough order advice and it's been working very well for me Vin! Finished 1-1, 2-1, and 4-1 so far, gotta take a break as it's getting a little too tense! I freakin love this game.
Awesome

Now you can farm souls on 4-2. Also look for the Ring of Avarice (I forget where to find it). It will increase the number of souls you get and make farming easier.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 11:37 PM   #55
CaptnStubing

I'm addicted now. I only took time to play a map of l4d2 with lee and redeemed.
Old 01-07-10, 11:40 PM   #56
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Use the wiki. Trust me. I almost never use a guide either, but you need to know what to do with the boss souls. Some of them have multiple different uses, so you should make sure of what you want to do with it to get what is best for your character. I am not saying you should look up how to get through levels or anything, just saying use it as a little bit of a guideline for what to do with your souls for your character is all .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-10, 12:46 AM   #57
CaptnStubing

Yeah it is a nicely laid out page.

heh i said laid
Old 01-08-10, 04:51 PM   #58
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Just killed the Maneater boss, that was so freaking hard. Rolled off the sides a couple of times.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 08:29 AM   #59
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Holy hell. This game is damn hard. I died so many times... first time in long time I get super pissed losing a lot of souls due to dying twice without getting my dead body...

The game is amazing! Think I might restart with different classes.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 02:58 PM   #60
CaptnStubing

Bored of this game already. The repetitive farming is pointless. Game developers use this when they don't have enough content. I got tired of clearing the same areas just to get some fire bombs.

If you look at a far better game in Borderlands you will see how it keeps you moving. There is only the farming you want to do. You can move through the game doing the quests with out doing the same thing over and over.