Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-09-10, 03:29 PM   #61
ViN86

Default Re: Gamespot's game of the year is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Bored of this game already. The repetitive farming is pointless. Game developers use this when they don't have enough content. I got tired of clearing the same areas just to get some fire bombs.

If you look at a far better game in Borderlands you will see how it keeps you moving. There is only the farming you want to do. You can move through the game doing the quests with out doing the same thing over and over.
So how many levels have you actually cleared?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 04:19 PM   #62
CaptnStubing

I'm up to the tower knight. He doesn't seem to hard at all. I only fought him twice. I get the strat now. Just keep going for the heels and then beat on his head. He is a very cool looking boss though. I went into the second archstone. I like that level.

I'm not saying this is a horrible game. I am also not saying it is too hard. It isn't. It is about as hard as is should be and I don't die that ofter. I just don't like the grinding of souls. I'll still play it but it just isn't clicking for me. Sorry, I don't know what to tell ya.

I think the game mechanics, style and idea is great. I just don't like doing the same thing over and over in the exact same place. I'll still plug away at the game just not as much.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 05:45 PM   #63
ViN86

Quote:
I'm up to the tower knight. He doesn't seem to hard at all. I only fought him twice. I get the strat now. Just keep going for the heels and then beat on his head. He is a very cool looking boss though. I went into the second archstone. I like that level.

I'm not saying this is a horrible game. I am also not saying it is too hard. It isn't. It is about as hard as is should be and I don't die that ofter. I just don't like the grinding of souls. I'll still play it but it just isn't clicking for me. Sorry, I don't know what to tell ya.

I think the game mechanics, style and idea is great. I just don't like doing the same thing over and over in the exact same place. I'll still plug away at the game just not as much.
You haven't died that often? Move on to 4-1. Tell me if that's easy for you.
Old 01-09-10, 07:25 PM   #64
CaptnStubing

I change my mind, the game is horrible.
Old 01-09-10, 07:28 PM   #65
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

first two levels' probably easier but in later levels... it's tough, according to some friends of mine. also i'm impressed how massive the levels are. i had so much fun luring red eye knight to his death. easy 2,000 souls plus some goodies.

i'm often careful but goddammit, i died too many times. maybe my character sucks or something. lol

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 11:35 PM   #66
ViN86

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
first two levels' probably easier but in later levels... it's tough, according to some friends of mine. also i'm impressed how massive the levels are. i had so much fun luring red eye knight to his death. easy 2,000 souls plus some goodies.

i'm often careful but goddammit, i died too many times. maybe my character sucks or something. lol
No way Naito. Everyone dies that many times. Mr. Hunt guided me through a lot of the game and he and I still died like 20 times fighting bosses and stuff. It's a difficult game, but it's very rewarding.
Old 01-10-10, 08:46 AM   #67
Bah!

Quote:
Rent it. I'm gonna rent it...
Quote:
The game is stupid. Friking waste of money. I knew I should have rented it first.
Quote:
Any way the game is a bit better than I thought at first.
Quote:
There have been many games I didn't like or get at first but later became addicted to it.
Quote:
I will say after ranting about the game earlier, I am reflecting on the game at the same time. I do have to say I did have fun
Quote:
I'm addicted now.
Quote:
Bored of this game already.
Quote:
I'll still plug away at the game just not as much.
Quote:
So which do you have, A.D.D or Multiple Personality Disorder?
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 10:22 AM   #68
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Finished Stonefang Tunnel, gotta say the Lava guy boss wasn't too bad but I did have a Rune Sword which helped a ton for that level. I have a couple of huge two-handers now (Dragon Bone Smasher and Meat Cleaver) but I'm not sure about using them because it seems like I'll be wide open after a swing, and my Dragon Long Sword +5 pretty much obliterates everything in a single one-handed swing anyway. Especially on 5-1, I just went in there to check it out and ended up clearing it easily. I think I may have leveled a bit too much as I did farm some souls on 4-2 and now I am a complete badass.

Was checking the Dark Silver armor vs. the Gloom Armor, seems like the tradeoff for slightly higher magic defense isn't worth losing all the bleed/poison/plague resistance. Any reason to not use Gloom? I have more than enough endurance to wear it below the 50% mark for equip burden with the strength ring.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-10, 11:09 AM   #69
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Finished Stonefang Tunnel, gotta say the Lava guy boss wasn't too bad but I did have a Rune Sword which helped a ton for that level. I have a couple of huge two-handers now (Dragon Bone Smasher and Meat Cleaver) but I'm not sure about using them because it seems like I'll be wide open after a swing, and my Dragon Long Sword +5 pretty much obliterates everything in a single one-handed swing anyway. Especially on 5-1, I just went in there to check it out and ended up clearing it easily. I think I may have leveled a bit too much as I did farm some souls on 4-2 and now I am a complete badass.

Was checking the Dark Silver armor vs. the Gloom Armor, seems like the tradeoff for slightly higher magic defense isn't worth losing all the bleed/poison/plague resistance. Any reason to not use Gloom? I have more than enough endurance to wear it below the 50% mark for equip burden with the strength ring.
Because Dark Silver pwns. Get the Dark Silver set and use the shield. Start getting Colorless Demon Souls and upgrade the Dark Silver shield and it is the best shield in the game basically.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 11:43 AM   #70
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Because Dark Silver pwns. Get the Dark Silver set and use the shield. Start getting Colorless Demon Souls and upgrade the Dark Silver shield and it is the best shield in the game basically.
I find the Dark Silver Shield is mostly only good for PvP, otherwise the Purple Flame Shield is better for clearing the zones. I also like the Adjudicator's Shield because of the regen and the fact that it saves on healing items, as well as being the best shield in the game to use with a two-hander.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 03:19 PM   #71
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Non, it's called giving a game you really want to like a shot. What you saw are my impressions of the game. The final conclusion is that the game is over all horrible but it has things in it that I like.

If you look when I post those over a few days. If I did them all in one post you might have a point. How ever I didn't and you don't have a point or are you just sore because my opinion of a game you like is negative? Suck it up nancy, it's just a game.
Old 01-10-10, 04:39 PM   #72
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
You clearly know nothing about Stubing or his past personalities... .

Quote:
I find the Dark Silver Shield is mostly only good for PvP, otherwise the Purple Flame Shield is better for clearing the zones. I also like the Adjudicator's Shield because of the regen and the fact that it saves on healing items, as well as being the best shield in the game to use with a two-hander.
I perfer Dark Silver because it is a kite shield, rather than the large shield. Just an all around better shield for literally EVERYTHING except fire, which is why I would keep a PFS in my inventory just in case lol.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote