Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-10-10, 10:16 PM   #73
Albo

Default Re: Gamespot's game of the year is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
So which do you have, A.D.D or Multiple Personality Disorder?
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 09:59 PM   #74
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

My character is failing badly in NG+. Lavalurker is two-shotting me with Water Veil and PFS, though I did get him to like 25% on one try. I didn't level enough Vit and it's really hurting me now. I started a new character to try a faith-based build with a Temple Knight, but I really enjoyed the sword and shield style of my other character (not to mention the versatility of having a bow). Is there a good melee-oriented build out there with strong ranged utility (when needed)? My stats are spread too thin on my first guy.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 10:22 AM   #75
CaptnStubing

I hate this dumb game.... cuz I can't put it down. I keep going back to it. AAAAHHHH I HATE YOU ALL! I dun wanna play it but it is fantastic fun at points. Other times I want to throw my controller across the pacific ocean. Then I say that's it I'm done with this damn game. Later on, I go back.

I has Demon Sould ADD. It's all true! I'm so ashamed.

I summoned two people into my game and we killed the tower boss on my third toon. Was fast and very much fun. I still hate you all tho
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 11:34 AM   #76
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
My character is failing badly in NG+. Lavalurker is two-shotting me with Water Veil and PFS, though I did get him to like 25% on one try. I didn't level enough Vit and it's really hurting me now. I started a new character to try a faith-based build with a Temple Knight, but I really enjoyed the sword and shield style of my other character (not to mention the versatility of having a bow). Is there a good melee-oriented build out there with strong ranged utility (when needed)? My stats are spread too thin on my first guy.
What Soul Level are you?

Also, what stats did you upgrade? The 4 I mentioned, or others as well?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 02:22 PM   #77
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
What Soul Level are you?

Also, what stats did you upgrade? The 4 I mentioned, or others as well?
I put points into different stats to try to be able to equip certain items (like the Blueblood Sword), but the problem is none are particularly strong. I did put points into the ones you mentioned, just not enough into Vitality. I could just farm 4-2 for a while I suppose. I'd rather just start a new character anyway because I want to see how dex weapons scale later on and I'm not a fan of the 2-h swords that a str build seems to favor.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 01-12-10, 02:40 PM   #78
CaptnStubing

Start a new character. It is easy to get them back up to speed. Once I started a new royal and beefed up his magic and hp instead of melee, the character really shines.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 02:44 PM   #79
ViN86

Quote:
I put points into different stats to try to be able to equip certain items (like the Blueblood Sword), but the problem is none are particularly strong. I did put points into the ones you mentioned, just not enough into Vitality. I could just farm 4-2 for a while I suppose. I'd rather just start a new character anyway because I want to see how dex weapons scale later on and I'm not a fan of the 2-h swords that a str build seems to favor.
Yea it took me a while to farm up my character so he didn't get annihilated in NG+.

What sould level are you? Should say it in your character info page. I think mine is 108.
Old 01-13-10, 08:30 AM   #80
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Yea it took me a while to farm up my character so he didn't get annihilated in NG+.

What sould level are you? Should say it in your character info page. I think mine is 108.
My original guy is Slvl 88, but he has points almost evenly spread between every stat - 18 in magic, int, faith, a 20-something dex (i think), 38 str, 18 vit, and 11 luck (I boosted luck a bit to see how Blueblood Sword scaled). I learned a lot about the game with this first character though and am enjoying the dex build I've tried now. Started a temple knight, forgot the current slvl but I think it's around 40. I've been taking down each stage without dying, though I did get owned by a black phantom at one point due to lag. Actually now that I think about it, most of the BPs I run into are pretty bad and I can kill them without too much effort. My guess is this is because I haven't seen the good players at higher levels?

Anyway, this time around I'm gonna farm a ton before I finish NG because I want to make sure I don't miss side quests and npcs this time around, and to make sure I have enough health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing
Start a new character. It is easy to get them back up to speed. Once I started a new royal and beefed up his magic and hp instead of melee, the character really shines.
Yeah I'm gonna try a magic-based character next.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Old 01-13-10, 08:45 AM   #81
ViN86

Quote:
My original guy is Slvl 88, but he has points almost evenly spread between every stat - 18 in magic, int, faith, a 20-something dex (i think), 38 str, 18 vit, and 11 luck (I boosted luck a bit to see how Blueblood Sword scaled). I learned a lot about the game with this first character though and am enjoying the dex build I've tried now. Started a temple knight, forgot the current slvl but I think it's around 40. I've been taking down each stage without dying, though I did get owned by a black phantom at one point due to lag. Actually now that I think about it, most of the BPs I run into are pretty bad and I can kill them without too much effort. My guess is this is because I haven't seen the good players at higher levels?

Anyway, this time around I'm gonna farm a ton before I finish NG because I want to make sure I don't miss side quests and npcs this time around, and to make sure I have enough health.

Yeah I'm gonna try a magic-based character next.
Luckily you have the American version. The Chinese version of the game never fixed the people who glitched their characters. They have 99 on all str, vit, and dex, and -99 on luck and faith and crap. These cancel out to give their character a soul level like 30. Then they just invade and kill you in seconds. It sucks.
Old 01-13-10, 08:58 AM   #82
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Luckily you have the American version. The Chinese version of the game never fixed the people who glitched their characters. They have 99 on all str, vit, and dex, and -99 on luck and faith and crap. These cancel out to give their character a soul level like 30. Then they just invade and kill you in seconds. It sucks.
LOL yeah I read about that on the wiki. Why not just buy the American version? Or are you not playing the game much anymore?

I gotta say I wasn't expecting to like the game this much. It's pretty amazing by any standard.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 01-13-10, 09:08 AM   #83
ViN86

Quote:
LOL yeah I read about that on the wiki. Why not just buy the American version? Or are you not playing the game much anymore?

I gotta say I wasn't expecting to like the game this much. It's pretty amazing by any standard.
Cost me $65 to import it and I have put about 60 hours into it already. I don't think it's worth $60 to get the American version. Also, once you hit Soul Level 50, you stop being invaded by those assholes, because they only want to prey on the weaker people that are just starting.

Also, I typically play without my body, so I can't be invaded anyway.
Old 01-13-10, 09:46 AM   #84
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Cost me $65 to import it and I have put about 60 hours into it already. I don't think it's worth $60 to get the American version. Also, once you hit Soul Level 50, you stop being invaded by those assholes, because they only want to prey on the weaker people that are just starting.

Also, I typically play without my body, so I can't be invaded anyway.
Oh, well my experience has been that there's a lot more invasions at my current level but maybe that's just due to a difference in versions. I dunno I kind of enjoy having a group of blue phantoms and obliterating black phantom invaders. While I was doing 1-3 I had a partner with some insane build who was just obliterating everything and we fended off about 5 BP invasions in a row before finishing the level (he died almost immediately during the Penetrator fight though, heheh).

1v1 I've been largely successful but like I said I believe that's due to being lucky to run into poor players. Most of them just blow their whole stamina bar smashing away at my shield and I return the favor, only they're unable to dodge or block so I just waste them.

Oh yeah my first Old Monk fight, the guy just let me kill him. I was pretty surprised.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410