Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-29-09, 06:43 PM   #1
HiCZoK4

Default Having weird problem with F.E.A.R

I just reinstalled F.E.A.R first one becouse I saw how it runs on my buddy pc who have 8800gts320 and offcourse just as ****ing always there are problems. Installed the game, Patched to 1.08. Cranked to max 1680x1050 aax2 soft shadows off.

And It wont go more tham 44-50 fps which is somehow sluggish and bad. The point is fps says the same even If I lower everything.

I discovered there is fix. Just set everything to high etc etc. and turn off game. Start it again and DONT GO INTO OPTIONS becouse if I do (even just click on options and go back without changing anything) The framerate will lock at above.

Without going there it works 100+ and its great... for sometime before limit tick itself again ;/ WTF?! Even my famous alt-tab solution doesnt work. I have to restart game WITHOUT GOING to options this is riddicolous

It is working great for my buddy (320gts) no fps limit whatsoever. But he is running windows XP and unpatched game.

And I am 7 64bit patched. everything else is working fine.

ALWAYS PROBLEMS WITH THIS DAMN GAME !!! Am I cursed or what?
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 07:02 PM   #2
nomec

Default Re: Having weird problem with F.E.A.R

Do you have a G5 keyboard or a Logitech gaming mouse of some sort? You need to disable the 'HID-Compliant Device' entries (under 'Human Interface Devices') in your Device Manager. You will lose your special capabilities of your mouse and/or keyboard but it will fix the issue. It's a problem with the engine.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 07:08 PM   #3
HiCZoK4

I heard about it more\less... I have wireless KB+Mouse ex100 set from logitech. Idont even have the extra software installed. Just plugged and using.

Edit. IT WORKS. Thx! It must be the fastest response to my whining ever Great tip.
just to fill it up: Device menager looks like this under Human interface devices:

HID-Compliant Consumer Control Device
HID-Compliant Device
HID-Compliant Device
HID-Compliant Device
USB input Device
USB input Device

I only need to disable 4 first or "HID-Compliant Device" only? Disabling 4 first solved but I am guessing what is it?! Do I lose anything other than Special mouse functions which I dont have?
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 09:13 AM   #4
nomec

Pretty much... I didn't even notice anything when I did it other than I couldn't change the volume with my Saitek Eclipse II after making the change. Just re-enable it when you aren't playing F.E.A.R or when you finish the game. It's kind of a pain but not really a big deal when you think about it.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote