Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-21-10, 07:19 AM   #1081
NuBee
NuBee

Default Re: Screenshot Thread 2010

AWSOME!
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 03:36 PM   #1082
Hercules

Truly fantastic screens and video.
I´m using the shader too, thanks for sharing, any way to export this feature into the game?
And is it possible to extend the wave effect to all of the ocean rather then just the waves near the beach?
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 05:03 PM   #1083
onmikesline

i just downloaded the file. now where do i put the folder at? i
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 05:05 PM   #1084
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Truly fantastic screens and video.
I´m using the shader too, thanks for sharing, any way to export this feature into the game?
And is it possible to extend the wave effect to all of the ocean rather then just the waves near the beach?
Yes i believe you can open each SP level and tweak up the wave size and adjust the wave density in Sandbox2 Editor then save and export map then repeat process with every level...

There are no real way of increasing the wave effects drawdistance, because it's coded within the engine itself, if may be possible to mod it but theres no mod like that yet. There is however a fake way to increase the wave distance but at the cost that the waves get weird and stretched, anyway thats by decreasing the wave density option in the environment tab in the rollup bar. do something like around 0.3 and you will definitely see a markable change.
Old 07-21-10, 05:39 PM   #1085
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Yes i believe you can open each SP level and tweak up the wave size and adjust the wave density in Sandbox2 Editor then save and export map then repeat process with every level...

There are no real way of increasing the wave effects drawdistance, because it's coded within the engine itself, if may be possible to mod it but theres no mod like that yet. There is however a fake way to increase the wave distance but at the cost that the waves get weird and stretched, anyway thats by decreasing the wave density option in the environment tab in the rollup bar. do something like around 0.3 and you will definitely see a markable change.
Thanks
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 01:01 AM   #1086
m3dude

yeah crysis runs smooth with 3x3 supersampling. lol your a joke
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 02:42 AM   #1087
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
yeah crysis runs smooth
This is where I laugh...right? right??
Old 07-22-10, 03:52 AM   #1088
NuBee
NuBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post

Thanks! Still, I do something wrong. I have here wave size, wave speed, but no wave density. My waves look far away fom those in your screens, they're only higher, not so detailed like those in your screens. Maybe i put the Shader-Pack in the wrong folder, maybe I should activate the shaders or something like that. Sorry I ask so dumb questions, this is the first time I opened the Sandbox Please help, someone!
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-10, 06:22 AM   #1089
jlippo

Quote:
I played it trough with 3x3 supersampling.. Yes the resolution was 800x600, but still it did look good.
Now that we have SSAA tool and proper support for better sample positions 8xSSAA and even 4xSSAA is a good choice.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 09:46 AM   #1090
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Not any superhigh framerates but still around 20 - 25 in a 1280x960 resolution. Playable and looking great on my other 21" CRT monitor. Remeber I have the GTX 295 which is equal to Fermi 480 in dx9 and dx10 performance. Hell, am maxing Metro 2033 on Veryhigh settings with good fps on this card.

@NuBee Waveamount is what i talk about, decrease it to like 0.5 - 0.9 and you'll see quite a difference, also set wavesize to 1.5 - 2.0. They are all in the environment tab in the Rollup bar > go View > Rollup bar then click on the second tab from left and press Environment.. look for Ocean animation and change those parameters i told you to. The shader folder is supposed to be in the Game folder. It should work fine. U also need to have Veryhigh water enabled, or u can put the e_water_ocean_tff 1 in console manually...
Old 07-22-10, 10:05 AM   #1091
YodaStar

Quote:
Actually the joke is on you son. It is all relative to set framebuffer resolution and graphic settings, tjabaling ding DING!
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 10:43 AM   #1092
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
It is all relative to set framebuffer resolution and graphic settings
Egzakly egzakly! IT's a matter of the total renderbuffer in combination with the other graphical settings that playes the role here.

I mean, sure.. SSAA is demanding, i admit that. 4 fps using 4x4 SSAA here:

But then this is on a single 8800gtx, and very high settings... On a gtx 295 and 3x3 SSAA with tweaked config, is a different story. I took this pic long time ago