Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-12-10, 12:00 AM   #1165
Sobbsy

Default Re: Screenshot Thread 2010

I'm cool with the Mafia 2 shots - it's just hype because it's new. But man it takes a while to scroll past 20 or 30 2048x1536 images :P

They could probably do with some downsizing for posting on a forum... that's about it. They're boring shots but that's not the point here.
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
850w Antec TruePower Quattro
Sobbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 12:17 AM   #1166
stncttr908

Send a message via AIM to stncttr908

Word on the street is you can just click and drag that scroll bar on the right-hand side of your browser window and jump past them all, but you didn't hear it from me.
PC - | Core i7-2600K @ stock | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 | 4GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 | Galaxy GTX 460 1GB @ stock | Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | 320GB Seagate 7200.10 | 2x Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 | Lite-On 20x SATA DVD+RW | Silverstone TJ-09 | Corsair 620W PSU | Logitech Z-5500s | Sennheiser HD-570 headphones | Samsung 2494LW |

Laptop - | Dell Inspiron 1420 | C2D T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB cache) | 2GB DDR2-667 | 160GB 7200RPM HDD | DVD +/- RW | 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) | Broadcom 802.11g | NVIDIA 8400M GS 128MB |
stncttr908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 02:06 AM   #1167
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Crysis screenshots actually look good though. That's the difference.
No the difference is that those Mafia 2 shots are from an actual game and all those Crysis screenshots are from the editor.

Surely I'm not the only person sick of seeing screenshots of something you can't even play? They might as well be photoshops.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 01:15 PM   #1168
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I like the mafia shots... it looks like gta4 but set in the 50s or 60s. Its nice to see them replicate the houses and cars from that time period. I will def be checking out this game.
Old 08-12-10, 09:38 PM   #1169
Destroy

Default Re: Official Screenshot Thread 2010

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 08:01 AM   #1170
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
No the difference is that those Mafia 2 shots are from an actual game and all those Crysis screenshots are from the editor.

Surely I'm not the only person sick of seeing screenshots of something you can't even play? They might as well be photoshops.
You sir are an idiot. Those crysis shots are actual game, if you havn't heard of supersampling yet go check it out. If youre sick about seeing screenshots of a game which details is put so high your own computer would crap out dont come here whining. So many ppl dont even know this, and yet it's cryengine2 were talking about. Every game looks alot better when supersampled, am running GTA IV with 2x2 SSAA and it runs at nice framerates with all settings @ Max but with reduced drawdistance and shadows off. Looks great.
Old 08-13-10, 05:12 PM   #1171
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
You sir are an idiot. Those crysis shots are actual game, if you havn't heard of supersampling yet go check it out. If youre sick about seeing screenshots of a game which details is put so high your own computer would crap out dont come here whining. So many ppl dont even know this, and yet it's cryengine2 were talking about. Every game looks alot better when supersampled, am running GTA IV with 2x2 SSAA and it runs at nice framerates with all settings @ Max but with reduced drawdistance and shadows off. Looks great.
First off, nice try on my PC smart guy. As slaWter said, my computer is more than capable of playing Crysis at maximum settings.

And, no, those screenshots are not from the actual game. Those are all tweaked LODs, configs, and custom maps. Many which are unreleased, unfinished or need to be manually edited in with the editor...as you have said yourself.

When I can play the regular game looking like those screens I'll care, until then they might as well be photoshops.
Old 08-13-10, 07:11 PM   #1172
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Max settings is one thing. Running it at max plus supersampling is another. If you would to run crysis at 8xSSAA then u wouldn't fell such a comment as u did. So i drew the conclusion that you hadn't used SSAA in crysis. Or even knew about it.

Yes, those are from actual gameplay with a downsized algorithm just like SSAA. Not all of them has tweaked lods, configs or custom maps. Yeah, if u want custom textures in crysis utilize with editor, but also playable ingame using SP client. U can never play the regular game with that, it needs careful tweaking of settings, nothing comes freely and theres just so much more that Cryengine2 is capable of than seen in the vanilla game and that is clearly obvious in the screens i post.

They are not photoshops, u can get the exact same quality if u know how to use textures, how to tweak a TOD and custom cvars and to also use supersampling. When ppl post SFX simulator downsampled screens with thousands of mods and addons or when someone post a stalker (which just like crysis is very mod-friendly) screen with mods and/or modded settings then you dont complain...

Quote:
nice try on my PC smart guy
If you would have used a proper sig with your system specs in i wouldn't had to play mr smart guy with you and jumping to conclusions -_- Just sayin...

Old 08-13-10, 09:51 PM   #1173
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post

If you would have used a proper sig with your system specs in i wouldn't had to play mr smart guy with you and jumping to conclusions -_- Just sayin...

So it's my fault that you used some lame insult to throw at me without knowing anything about my computer? Funny, I don't see your computer specs in your sig either. Maybe you shouldn't just assume things about people without knowing wtf you are talking about?...just saying.

Here's a newsflash for you. Every person who is sick of seeing screenshots of the ground, foilage, or sunset pictures in Crysis doesn't have a piece of **** computer. They are just tired of seeing basically the same **** over and over again for 3 years.

You went off on a guy for posting "every scene" from the Mafia 2 demo, but have probably posted 100's of screenshots of a game no one even cares about anymore. Next time someone says something negative about your Crysis screenshots it probably has less to do with their computer and more to do with the fact that for the average gamer, the Crysis erection went down a long time ago.
Old 08-14-10, 12:34 PM   #1174
gerardfraser

Mafia 2 Demo

gerardfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 01:10 PM   #1175
YodaStar

Mass Effect 2 at 1680x1050, forced 4xMSAA/TSAA, 16xAF, max settings + tweaked config.

YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-10, 01:33 PM   #1176
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
So it's my fault that you used some lame insult to throw at me without knowing anything about my computer? Funny, I don't see your computer specs in your sig either. Maybe you shouldn't just assume things about people without knowing wtf you are talking about?...just saying.

Here's a newsflash for you. Every person who is sick of seeing screenshots of the ground, foilage, or sunset pictures in Crysis doesn't have a piece of **** computer. They are just tired of seeing basically the same **** over and over again for 3 years.

You went off on a guy for posting "every scene" from the Mafia 2 demo, but have probably posted 100's of screenshots of a game no one even cares about anymore. Next time someone says something negative about your Crysis screenshots it probably has less to do with their computer and more to do with the fact that for the average gamer, the Crysis erection went down a long time ago.
Yeah, use a sig with system specs and i wont have to guess your specs, as simple as that. No i dont have my specs in my sig because i use other stuff in my sig.

I never claimed that everyone who dislikes the pics have a crappy computer. And the pics is not the same, always variates and if u cant see that try to open your eyes.. It's your problem if you are tired of crysis screens so i can't help you haha...

Yeah i though it was unnecessary to post so many pics, big pics of the demo since the demo is so short. I've posted far from every part of crysis and u cant deny that the mafia 2 demo is alot shorter than the full game of crysis. Correction, you don't care about crysis.. Stop speaking for everyone you fool. Again, if u don't like crysis anymore then suit yourself, not my problem. Am tired of seeing some games being posted over and over but i never complain like you. So why don't you stfu about it and put me on ignore if u dont wanna see any more crysis pics, youre just as dumb as M3 and logical who cant press a single button but have to whine every time i post something from crysis.. Sad bunch of ppl you are really.