Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-20-10, 06:40 PM   #109
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

tiny little cell phones grew into smart phones with big screens and more processing power, smart phones are about to grow into tablet PCs...

The trend seems to be towards PCs in the mobility market.
Old 01-20-10, 07:34 PM   #110
onmikesline

i will tell you where the futur is.
Internet providers like Comcast will have internet speed to provide you with a computer over internet, so all you do it buy a lcd,KB,Mouse, and you will pay monthly to have as fast as you want out of a computer, so no more buying hardware. give it time, yeah they have logmein and all that, but im talking about 150mbps or up of bandwith speed
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 07:38 PM   #111
onmikesline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Hardcore PC gamers are starting to move to multiple/super widescreen panels, and I dunno about you, but even 1080p, isnt as much as my 1920x1200, and many people have 30" monitors with 2560x1600 or whatever it is.

As I am pretty sure I said before, the only thing consoles win at is controller innovation, and so far, ease of setup, though I remember my NES, I plugged in a cart, popped it down, pressed power, got the little nintendo logo then I was in the game, from a brand new never before used console, now they all go through an initial setup procedure, much like PCs, granted its still simplified compared to PCs, but in the end, as everyone has mentioned, consoles are just gonna be static-pcs
thats a perfect screen 2560x1600
Old 01-21-10, 12:53 AM   #112
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I want a 2560x1600 but they're too expensive for me right now... still, that and triple-monitor setups show the PC still has ways to go beyond the TV (not that consoles are really doing 1080p anyway).
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 07:53 AM   #113
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Hardcore PC gamers are starting to move to multiple/super widescreen panels, and I dunno about you, but even 1080p, isnt as much as my 1920x1200,
Close enough to be pointless, especially as 16:9 panels are becoming more commonplace.
Quote:
and many people have 30" monitors with 2560x1600 or whatever it is.
No. No they don't.

Quote:
As I am pretty sure I said before, the only thing consoles win at is controller innovation, and so far, ease of setup,
It's not like you can seperate massive differences into simple bullet points. "Hey, a Ferrari only has two things above my Toyota, looks and performance!". The ease of use of a console to many people is a huge chasm when compared to the PC.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 10:11 AM   #114
onmikesline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh View Post
Close enough to be pointless, especially as 16:9 panels are becoming more commonplace.

No. No they don't.

It's not like you can seperate massive differences into simple bullet points. "Hey, a Ferrari only has two things above my Toyota, looks and performance!". The ease of use of a console to many people is a huge chasm when compared to the PC.
gaming does look good in 2560x1600
Old 01-21-10, 11:04 AM   #115
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

If PC gaming dies we can just use a defib unit.

Unless no one is carrying one, then we're screwed.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 01-21-10, 03:13 PM   #116
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh View Post
My point was, consoles are quickly becoming more like PCs to setup, I have all 3 current gen consoles, and even the Wii you need to go through some initial setup, where as consoles you used to just plug them in, put in a game and you're off playing.

People buying new pcs have a few questions asked when they first start it up, then they are up and running, they just need to install the games, unbridgable gap? no, both xbox360 and ps3 has games installing to HDD now too.
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-10, 03:37 PM   #117
Vardant

Halo 2 PC even introduced the ability to start playing right away with background installation. I wonder what happened to that.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 04:06 PM   #118
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Halo 2 PC even introduced the ability to start playing right away with background installation. I wonder what happened to that.
Halo 2 wasn't the first one, first game was Need For Speed HP2, it originally installed maybe 50-100mb, and then installed the rest as it goes.
Old 01-21-10, 04:09 PM   #119
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Yeah I remember it. Kinda neat.

It played from the dvd and moved along to installed content or something. But it was a very good idea I think.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 04:35 PM   #120
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
It was pretty wonky.