Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-10, 02:16 AM   #37
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

this again...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 05:15 AM   #38
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer
 
Crow_Nest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore, Asia
Posts: 1,418
Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

As long as we have to play FPS with mouse and keyboard instead of controllers and analog sticks. PC will always > consoles.
__________________
Desktop
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel i7 2700K @ 3.5 GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB |
| G.Skill RipJawsX PC3 12800 4GB x 2 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer | Intel SSD 520 120GB SSD |
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |


Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |


http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:25 AM   #39
Nitz Walsh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 622
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
As long as we have to play FPS with mouse and keyboard instead of controllers and analog sticks. PC will always > consoles.
...which means crap-all with respect to developers investing the funds and efforts for big-budget FPS's on the PC in the future. Console FPS's like Cod4/Halo vastly outsell PC FPS's, so obviously to millions of people it's not a huge obstacle.

An entire generation has been raised on thumbsticks for FPS's now, mouse->keyboard is completely alien to them. Not to mention it only really works well at a desk in front of a monitor, as opposed to a couch in front of a 50" HDTV.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:38 AM   #40
TheANIMAL
Registered User
 
TheANIMAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Near Bude, Cornwall, UK
Posts: 1,291
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Desk + Monitor FTmfW.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 11:55 AM   #41
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

There have been many triple A games released to Steam. Dragon Age. BioShock 1 & 2. Mass Effect 1 & 2. Etc.

And the biggest game of all time has been released on the PC platform WoW with it's 10 million + subscribers. I'd say PC gaming is just fine. But you are right in that it's very different than it was 15 years ago.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 11:56 AM   #42
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

No.


/Thread
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 05:51 PM   #43
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

PC gaming 'is' dying. More and more developers are refusing to release PC game exclusives because they can't make the money.

Game developers are leaving the PC platform as primary development. PC gamers are pirating more than ever so game developers claim. PC game sales are down on previous years, sharply. Game developers refuse to implement PC only features or release the PC version in bad state or fix it later in patches, cough* GTA IV cough*
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 05:52 PM   #44
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,134
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
There have been many triple A games released to Steam. Dragon Age. BioShock 1 & 2. Mass Effect 1 & 2. Etc.

And the biggest game of all time has been released on the PC platform WoW with it's 10 million + subscribers. I'd say PC gaming is just fine. But you are right in that it's very different than it was 15 years ago.
When did Bioshock 2 come out?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-10, 06:11 PM   #45
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

If future consoles and engines such as Cryengine 3 are designed to be system agnostic, maybe pc gaming will get a little more life. If the similarities between consoles and pc's in terms of programming and hardware continue to grow there should be little reason to skip out on the pc version of the game which is better than no game at all...most of the time
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 06:15 PM   #46
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
PC gaming 'is' dying. More and more developers are refusing to release PC game exclusives because they can't make the money.

Game developers are leaving the PC platform as primary development. PC gamers are pirating more than ever so game developers claim. PC game sales are down on previous years, sharply. Game developers refuse to implement PC only features or release the PC version in bad state or fix it later in patches, cough* GTA IV cough*
Where is your proof? I've asked you for it several times, but you continue to spew this bs. No matter how many times you say itit will not make it true.

You linux boys are a hoot.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 06:16 PM   #47
Kaguya
Registered User
 
Kaguya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 661
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
PC gaming 'is' dying. More and more developers are refusing to release PC game exclusives because they can't make the money.
This 'argument' is used frequently... why does a game have to be 'exclusive' to be good? Don't people realize that when something is 'multi-platform' that means it's not exclusive to the console either!? It's Multi-platform!

Besides, PC has Loads of Exclusives for 2010.
__________________
Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.6Ghz
EVGA X58 3X SLI
OCZ Gold 12GB DDR3
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 x2 SLI
OCZ Vertex 2 EX & Corsair P256
LG GH22NS50 22X DVD-RW SATA
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w SLI PSU
Acer HN274H 1920x1080 3D Ready LCD
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer Case
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 06:29 PM   #48
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
This 'argument' is used frequently... why does a game have to be 'exclusive' to be good? Don't people realize that when something is 'multi-platform' that means it's not exclusive to the console either!? It's Multi-platform!

Besides, PC has Loads of Exclusives for 2010.
It's called grasping at straws.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.