Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-10, 06:48 PM   #49
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Where is your proof? I've asked you for it several times, but you continue to spew this bs. No matter how many times you say itit will not make it true.

You linux boys are a hoot.
Go look at the "Discuss News Headlines" area, it's on your own site. Your own forums users slagged off CliffyB for mouthing off about the PC.

PC Windows gaming is a slave the the consoles. Good bye dedicated servers and watch what new stuff game devs take a way from PC gamers, because they can being a wasting away platform.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 06:54 PM   #50
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post

Besides, PC has Loads of Exclusives for 2010.
oh man, a lot of those games look pretty sick!
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 06:55 PM   #51
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Your own forums users slagged off CliffyB for mouthing off about the PC.
I've always thought that CliffyB was a pathetic little faggot.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:00 PM   #52
TheANIMAL
Registered User
 
TheANIMAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Near Bude, Cornwall, UK
Posts: 1,291
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I've always thought that CliffyB was a pathetic little faggot.
Now now, you've never met him so you cant comment on his height or size.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:02 PM   #53
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
oh man, a lot of those games look pretty sick!
Yeah but look where all the 'real' games are. "Multiplatform".
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:07 PM   #54
yuriz43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 130
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Anybody who thinks PC gaming is not dying is delusional. There are only a few companies left who exclusively create PC games. I believe the main reason is because consoles are more available platform to consumers and require less work to get running. Perhaps in the future when computers are insanely fast and your average laptop has the video power of 10x GTX 295's it wont really matter anymore, and the incentive to build a console machine will be gone. Of course by this time we will probably have a better form of virtual entertainment, and the games we play today like crysis will simply be a free flash based game that reminds us of the "old" times.
__________________
Systam Spics:

*Compewtor*Keeeboard*Mice*Mice Pad
*Cofe Jug*Old Bear Can*5x blu LED's
*Bag of chips that I forgot to throw away*Moniter
yuriz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:11 PM   #55
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Apple is gonna make a console and everyone will be out of business.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:11 PM   #56
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Yeah but look where all the 'real' games are. "Multiplatform".
Starcraft II and Diablo III aren't "real" games? Put down the crack pipe.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-10, 07:20 PM   #57
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
Starcraft II and Diablo III aren't "real" games? Put down the crack pipe.
I doubt either of those will release this year... maybe Part 1 of Starcraft 2.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:21 PM   #58
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriz43 View Post
Whaaa.
Again, where's your proof? Both you and friend keeps saying it, but will not provide proof. Just saying "because it is really dying" is not proof.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:36 PM   #59
yuriz43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 130
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

My proof is Halo, L4D, COD, and every other cross-platform( or single platform) game created by a company which used to be PC exclusive. It's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen eventually. I would love to argue otherwise but I have to play devils advocate here because I think a lot of PC gamers would rather ignore this sad fact.
__________________
Systam Spics:

*Compewtor*Keeeboard*Mice*Mice Pad
*Cofe Jug*Old Bear Can*5x blu LED's
*Bag of chips that I forgot to throw away*Moniter
yuriz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:54 PM   #60
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriz43 View Post
My proof is Halo, L4D, COD, and every other cross-platform( or single platform) game created by a company which used to be PC exclusive. It's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen eventually. I would love to argue otherwise but I have to play devils advocate here because I think a lot of PC gamers would rather ignore this sad fact.
I somewhat agree with where you're going; it does suck that the popular choice is console gaming and companies notice. BUT, the PC gaming community is too large to ignore. There will always be PC gaming, even if all major companies quit making games for the PC and average joes have to step up to the plate to make them. Ever seen the Linux community? All made up by average joes and it's pretty impressive (opinions may vary on this one lol).
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.