Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-05-10, 08:07 PM   #61
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
PC gaming 'is' dying. More and more developers are refusing to release PC game exclusives because they can't make the money.
Xbox 360 had like 2 exclusives worth a damn this year.

Guess that platform is dying.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 09:52 PM   #62
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriz43 View Post
My proof is Halo, L4D, COD, and every other cross-platform( or single platform) game created by a company which used to be PC exclusive. It's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen eventually. I would love to argue otherwise but I have to play devils advocate here because I think a lot of PC gamers would rather ignore this sad fact.
So, because these games are not exclusive anymore, that would somehow equal PC gaming is dying. Right.

DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 10:07 PM   #63
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

When I was coming home from school today, people were tossing their computers into a huge bonfire in the middle of the street. I live in a rough neighborhood.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 10:08 PM   #64
Albo

Quote:
My proof is Halo, L4D, COD, and every other cross-platform( or single platform) game created by a company which used to be PC exclusive. It's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen eventually. I would love to argue otherwise but I have to play devils advocate here because I think a lot of PC gamers would rather ignore this sad fact.
Halo was always Xbox, CoD was always multi-platform, L4D is Multi-platform. None of those are PC exclusives?
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 10:09 PM   #65
Albo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
When I was coming home from school today, people were tossing their computers into a huge bonfire in the middle of the street. I live in a rough neighborhood.
I'm guessing they read this thread?
GUYS! Stop spreading Propaganda :/
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 10:25 PM   #66
AdamK47

PC gaming is dead and dying and will always be dead and dying.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 10:39 PM   #67
yuriz43

Smile Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
Halo was always Xbox, CoD was always multi-platform, L4D is Multi-platform. None of those are PC exclusives?

I said that the developers used to be PC exclusive, and Halo was PC only until Microsoft purchased the game from Bungie. If this didn't happen, we would have had an awesome PC title and not the giant newb fest Halo is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
So, because these games are not exclusive anymore, that would somehow equal PC gaming is dying. Right.
My point is that once a game shop starts developing console games and realizes the better market, they will have less incentive to spend time(money) developing a PC title, or they will just release a crappy port like Infinity Ward did.

*Compewtor*Keeeboard*Mice*Mice Pad
*Cofe Jug*Old Bear Can*5x blu LED's
*Bag of chips that I forgot to throw away*Moniter
yuriz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 11:23 PM   #68
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
My point is that once a game shop starts developing console games and realizes the better market, they will have less incentive to spend time(money) developing a PC title, or they will just release a crappy port like Infinity Ward did.
Modern Warfare 2 is pretty great and the PC version is the best version of the game. Check Steam stats, 130,000 people are playing multiplayer at any one moment, another 50,000 playing singleplayer, which is more than any other Steam game and this is 2 months from launch.

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that their priorities and dissapointments are the same as everyone else's.

That said yes there are not many games made with the PC as the lead version anymore, and yes that causes some annoyances with 16:9 HUDs and whatever else, but at the end of the day you're still getting the best version of these games for the lowest price, it's hard to complain too much.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 01-06-10, 12:00 AM   #69
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
This generation, I think PC gaming is doing just fine. However, when next generation consoles come in like XBOX 720, and Playstation 4 offering some powerful GPU(s) and possibility with multi cores... PC gaming might go through some difficult times. Who knows.
Actually, that would kind of have the opposite effect, since we are stuck in DX9 land for the most part because thats all consoles can do.

Also, consoles will never have better hardware then top of the line PCs, NEVER, you know why? because most people would not buy a $1k+ USD console
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 12:30 AM   #70
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Actually, that would kind of have the opposite effect, since we are stuck in DX9 land for the most part because thats all consoles can do.

Also, consoles will never have better hardware then top of the line PCs, NEVER, you know why? because most people would not buy a $1k+ USD console
When consoles first come out they tend to show up PCs, but it doesn't last long. I know when Call of Duty 2 first came out it was hard for me to match the 360 version, Oblivion too I think.

One upgrade later and I am blowing the 360 versions out of the water though. That's usually how it works with new consoles.

I firmly believe the next gen of consoles will be very different from the norm though, probably a lot of focus on motion controls, downloads and unique hardware systems. That could go several ways for the PC market. Who really knows at this point?

Old 01-06-10, 12:34 AM   #71
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post

I firmly believe the next gen of consoles will be very different from the norm though
and with every generation of consoles, consoles become less and less console and more PC. console makers slowly stop developing their own techparts and just use parts from PC manufactures.
Old 01-06-10, 12:37 AM   #72
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
No. Not with Steam around.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote