Originally Posted by DansFace View Post
Once blizzard stops making PC games.... i'll be a console gamer
I game on both--console and PC.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 03:15 PM   #86
XDanger
Whaaat?

Default Re: Is PC Gaming going to die?

How long would it take me to complete all PC compatible games?

Even if they stopped making them tommorow it would take 4 lifetimes.

+ Who cares if it did as long as what comes after is better.
Old 01-07-10, 03:34 PM   #87
HiCZoK4

Do getting a PSP means I will be a console noob?
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 03:50 PM   #88
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
How long would it take me to complete all PC compatible games?

Even if they stopped making them tommorow it would take 4 lifetimes.

+ Who cares if it did as long as what comes after is better.
This is true. Honestly if they stop making PC games entirely a decade from now I will have such a backlog I will never need to worry about having a PC game to play.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 03:57 PM   #89
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

They need to make some really affordable GPUs so normal prebuilt computers will be able to play decent games. I think that's the biggest issue holding gaming back.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 03:58 PM   #90
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Yep. I'll make sure to let the mods know so they can ban you
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 04:03 PM   #91
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Honestl, I don't have even time to play all PC games that I want to. I have also PS2 now but it's just not "that". I had 1 PS2, 2 Xboxes, 1 PSONE, N64, 2 or morre of NES, Atari and few other consoles but I still play PC.
Old 01-07-10, 04:08 PM   #92
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
They need to make some really affordable GPUs so normal prebuilt computers will be able to play decent games. I think that's the biggest issue holding gaming back.
Yep.

The biggest improvement in recent memory is the use of 780G boards with Radeon HD3200 GPUs in most AMD systems right now. They aren't screaming fast but they completely destroy the onboard video we normally see in store bought computers.

Sadly, any store bought AMD system that isn't using an HD3200 is using a Geforce 6150SE which is absolute trash.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-10, 06:29 AM   #93
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Honestly, I have a PS2, PS3, Xbox360, Wii, PSP, all owned entirely by me(not a shared housemates hardware or anything), and I still consider myself a PC fanboy, though I guess the fact I rarely ever use them is prolly the real reason, PC > *, thats pretty much a fact.
But then, I also have 2 desktops, a laptop and a netbook.......and I use the PS3 as a media center for streaming media from my PC, and playing dvds/bluray...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
When consoles first come out they tend to show up PCs, but it doesn't last long. I know when Call of Duty 2 first came out it was hard for me to match the 360 version, Oblivion too I think.

One upgrade later and I am blowing the 360 versions out of the water though. That's usually how it works with new consoles.

I firmly believe the next gen of consoles will be very different from the norm though, probably a lot of focus on motion controls, downloads and unique hardware systems. That could go several ways for the PC market. Who really knows at this point?
Honestly, the only console I considered superior at launch, hardware wise, to the PC was the PS3, but only the cell processor.
The reason games look better on console at launch then on PC is because consoles are dedicated hardware for playing those games, they dont have OS bloat to content with, and since the hardware is constant, developers are able to optimize very easily for each platform, which means they can get more performance out of console hardware then a simular performing PC, not to mention I do all my PC gaming at higher resolutions, with AA/AF and usually higher view distances/etc, then the console versions, even on launch of the 360, which, at most had some games running at 720p, I was running at 1680x1050 on my PC.

But yeah, the direction consoles are going are unique interfaces for manipulation, we have already had motion sensing with the Wii and PS3 for awhile now, which the Wii ramped up its sensitivity with wiiplus, xbox will be getting natal, and even the PS3s wii-like stick looks pretty damn impressive.

Thats the one area I consider consoles to have a huge advantage in, since if the console creator officially supports a control scheme, then software developers for that platform will also support it, where as on PC, there is no gateway for interfaces, only stuff that really takes off gets any major attention, tablets is one of them(though, obviously not a game device), which are supported by all major image editing software now, and even minor open source software strives to support it(I know GIMP does).

But, for example, look at the "mind-controller headsets", I know they are still fairly new, but all the hype has died down, I have not heard mention of them at any major tech shows etc for awhile, and without support, they obviously arent going to be supported by many games, if any.

ER....anyway, I vote that pc gaming isnt gonna die, I dunno how it could possibly die, as already mentioned, just because more and more games are no longer PC exclusive, doesnt mean the death of PC gaming, tbh, the only way gaming on the PC would die, is if Windows died.......
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 06:34 AM   #94
onmikesline

pc games will never die, how do you think they make the games? on a pc right, so its easy to just give us the game after console lol
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 06:55 AM   #95
Shocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
This generation, I think PC gaming is doing just fine. However, when next generation consoles come in like XBOX 720, and Playstation 4 offering some powerful GPU(s) and possibility with multi cores... PC gaming might go through some difficult times. Who knows.
Agreed, once consoles can produce good framerates at 1080p with hardware equal to DX11 then I think even the hardcore PC gamers will be tempted by console gaming, more so if they can allow the use of keyboard and mouse.
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 07:15 AM   #96
TheANIMAL

PC's wont take a large flying leap until consoles do and I think consoles are waiting for a few brake through technological moments.

Hard drive technologies still need to improve quite a bit as does the efficiency of power consumption and cost effectiveness across ALL compnents.

Who knows what size hardrive a ps4 or Xbox 3 will be, i'm guessign it will be in the TBs though, and at that size those drives will need to be blisteringly fast.

Also, i honestly believe that the speed of top end PC's today are what the speed of consoles will be if they come out as early as 2011, its just waiting for cost, size and power consumption to come down a bit.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote