Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-11-10, 04:38 PM   #1
hfourxzeror

Default Nvidia GeForce GT 220 + Ubuntu 9.10 = No audio over HDMI?

Good afternoon everyone!

Recently, I purchased a Nvidia GeForce GT 220 for my HTPC (Dell Optiplex GX280).
I was looking forward to the HD and accelerated graphics with my Visio 52' LCD.

I formatted the hdd and installed a fresh version of Ubuntu 9.10. I installed all the updates then I installed went to the Nvidia website and downloaded the latest set of drivers (version 190.53). I installed the drivers and rebooted. Everything seemed great! The picture quality was amazing and the video was smooth.

But there was a problem, no audio! I'm getting no audio from HDMI.

I did some research around online to find a solution or a hack. But nothing worthwhile. I've searched this forum also with no luck. I did find lots of threads on "audio over hdmi", but nothing that helped me! Or the thread was several years old and outdated.

I then sent Nvidia a ticket asking if the GeForce GT 220 even worked with Linux and audio over HDMI. From there, they sent me the HD_AUDIO-9.10.tar.gz (see attached file).

I figured that I just needed to compile it and the audio would work! So, I did so.

After compiling it and stuff, I rebooted. Upon reboot there is still no audio....
I've checked alsamixer to see if it was muted, but I unmuted everything.

Help me out guys! If you need me to post any outputs from the terminal, I'd be MORE than happy to do so!

Thanks so much!
Please help me out!

-Dale
Attached Files
File Type: gz HD_AUDIO-9.10.tar.gz (93.2 KB, 516 views)
hfourxzeror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 10:36 PM   #2
paoleary

Default Re: Nvidia GeForce GT 220 + Ubuntu 9.10 = No audio over HDMI?

I've got a working ALSA patch for HDMI audio on the G210 tested on an up-to-date Mythbuntu 9.10 system, to be used in conjunction with moep's sound.conf. It's a modified subset of the HD_AUDIO-9.10 package that's made the rounds. Hope this helps someone.
paoleary is offline   Reply With Quote