Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-10, 06:16 AM   #49
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Mass Effect 2 pre-order madness (save $10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post

I'm gonna post sexy high-res shots of my limited edition tin case and such when I get it, just you wait sucka!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-10, 03:55 PM   #50
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Just pre ordered my Deluxe on Steam (along with AVP 2000)

Can't wait to play. Gonna play a Sentinel. They've really beefed up all classes and made them sound much cooler than before. Even the previously underpowered Engineer.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-10, 04:42 PM   #51
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

OMG

I can't wait for this. Preordered. Can't decide which class to play, even the Soldier looks interesting this time around.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 12:18 AM   #52
crainger

Engineer looks cool with all the drones and gadgets he can build ::

I've played the first game, read the two books, so I'm all Mass Effected up.
Old 01-16-10, 01:29 AM   #53
Retrolock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I'm gonna post sexy high-res shots of my limited edition tin case and such when I get it, just you wait sucka!
Until then, kiss my sultry low res steam preorder screenie.
Old 01-16-10, 01:42 AM   #54
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I don't know... the more I see on this game the more terrified I get... I enjoyed the first game quite a bit, and I hate some of the changes they have made for the second one... I am just not sure about this anymore with so much other stuff coming out in the coming months... depends on what my bills look like, I guess :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 08:39 AM   #55
LurkerLito

Going to preorder this on Impulse next week before the preload starts. I wish I could import my save from the 360, I have ME1 on PC also but I never got around to finishing it. My backlog is still very long.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 09:04 AM   #56
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I don't know... the more I see on this game the more terrified I get... I enjoyed the first game quite a bit, and I hate some of the changes they have made for the second one... I am just not sure about this anymore with so much other stuff coming out in the coming months... depends on what my bills look like, I guess :\.
What changes do you hate? Everything I have seen changed has been for the better, so happy they got rid of that bs overheating.

Old 01-16-10, 09:17 AM   #57
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
What changes do you hate? Everything I have seen changed has been for the better, so happy they got rid of that bs overheating.
I have to reload now. That is uber gay. And it seems like the Sentinel and Engineer will be almost too good.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 04:02 PM   #58
crainger

Almost too good? Now you will know what it's like to be me in real life.
Old 01-16-10, 08:19 PM   #59
Zenoth

I just thought about it but...

I don't know if any of you realize, but playing a completely new game staring in Mass Effect 2 is... let's say... "less efficient" when it comes to the story events, since as BioWare mentioned most of the important decisions taken in the original Mass Effect will significantly affect most of the important events of the sequel. So, effectively, if someone starts a game anew in Mass Effect 2 without touching the original then I'd be curious to see how less of an impact it would have compared to the opposite.

I mean, I, for one, when I will feel like playing a "new game" in Mass Effect 2 I will in fact start that new game in the original Mass Effect, so that the events that are related to my character and perhaps his/her teammate(s) will follow course in the sequel properly. But if I started a new game directly in ME2 instead then... hmmm... well, I'm not sure, I think that the main character might end up being less "important" or maybe less "attaching" for either you, the player, or more directly in-game for one or more of the teammates.

I can't even think of any other game on the market that is doing this right now. Just imagine when the trilogy is complete, to get a clear and logical "follow up" on the events in proper chronological and "linked" order the players would have to start their new ME3 game in the original ME, then play ME2 entirely and then, finally, move on to ME3, and then only would they get the "whole picture", like the pieces of a puzzle that finally unify at the "real end as it should be".

Now, of course, it's not an obligation to start a "new game" in the original and then move on to the sequel but... you know... there's that soft psychological pressure behind us to do so now that we know that each games and their events can potentially be linked together should it be the wish of the player, but then again, who would simply blindly ignore such a possibility? Do any of you even contemplate on "beating ME2" by directly starting in ME2 and never playing the original with the purpose to "bring your original character with you" in the sequel?

Phew... really, BioWare on that one went hard, in a good way.
GPU: eVGA GeForce GTX285 @ Stock
PSU: Corsair TX750W
APU: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Zenoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 10:57 PM   #60
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

Cant ****in wait
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote