Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-22-10, 07:09 AM   #97
|MaguS|

Default Re: Mass Effect 2 pre-order madness (save $10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Congrats on getting less for the same amount of money! Woot!
What do we get less? The Digital Deluxe has everything the Collectors Edition has, just in a Digital form. Which well I prefer, I don't need more **** laying around the house.

EDIT: I hope steam has a preload for the game. I forgot that the game is 2DVDs, thats gonna take awhile.
Old 01-22-10, 07:35 AM   #98
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
What do we get less? The Digital Deluxe has everything the Collectors Edition has, just in a Digital form. Which well I prefer, I don't need more **** laying around the house.

EDIT: I hope steam has a preload for the game. I forgot that the game is 2DVDs, thats gonna take awhile.
But you're not going to have a purty disc to look at... Hope the retail version of the game is like MW2 as in it doesn't require you to have the disc in order to play.
Old 01-22-10, 07:43 AM   #99
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
But you're not going to have a purty disc to look at... Hope the retail version of the game is like MW2 as in it doesn't require you to have the disc in order to play.
It does require the disc, It has no other DRM other then a Disc Check and Key Registration.
Old 01-22-10, 08:07 AM   #100
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
It does require the disc, It has no other DRM other then a Disc Check and Key Registration.
Having to have the actual game disc in the drive feels so consol1z3d!!1 If only the steam games were cheaper.. :/
Old 01-22-10, 08:36 AM   #101
K007

Quote:

not to mention its reaaallly cheap for the AUS people :P
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 09:47 AM   #102
LurkerLito

Quote:

The one thing I hate about buying retail packaging is that I feel bad when I get around to throwing the boxes away. I paid for that s**t and now I am just throwing it away. I'd love to get that Ultimate Edition GoW3 retail package but where the hell am I going to put that is the only thing that keeps it off my preorder list.

Impulse preloads start today

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 11:15 AM   #103
DansFace

Quote:

the preload should start today

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 11:22 AM   #104
HiCZoK4

I am going to wait like couple of months or something as usual with some new games which I do not need right away.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-10, 11:50 AM   #105
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
I like boxes. I like collecting... I have this massive wall of Doctor Who DVDs in progress, all lined up in story number order. It's sweet, I kiss it at night.

Anyway whether you care about the box or map or whatever is irrelevant, you are still paying the same amount of money for less product.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 11:52 AM   #106
|MaguS|

Quote:
I like boxes. I like collecting... I have this massive wall of Doctor Who DVDs in progress, all lined up in story number order. It's sweet, I kiss it at night.
I like collecting aswell, I have tons of PS2 and PS1 games... My BluRay collection is almost at 100 movies. Just don't care to collect PC Game cases... especially when I can have all my games digitally and easily accessible.
Old 01-22-10, 11:55 AM   #107
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
I like collecting aswell, I have tons of PS2 and PS1 games... My BluRay collection is almost at 100 movies. Just don't care to collect PC Game cases... especially when I can have all my games digitally and easily accessible.
Good for you!

My real reasoning is a lot more about actually owning a copy of ME2 compared to leasing it on Steam, but boxes can be nice. I don't really collect PC games but I could see myself doing so at some point when I have more money.

My comment was more about the seemingly "oh yeah baby I got this on Steam eat that!" attitude of some on here, which I find funny because they are getting less than I am. No big deal, just amusing to me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 12:00 PM   #108
|MaguS|

Quote:
Good for you!

My real reasoning is a lot more about actually owning a copy of ME2 compared to leasing it on Steam, but boxes can be nice. I don't really collect PC games but I could see myself doing so at some point when I have more money.

My comment was more about the seemingly "oh yeah baby I got this on Steam eat that!" attitude of some on here, which I find funny because they are getting less than I am. No big deal, just amusing to me.
But were not getting less then you, the only thing were not getting is the physical copy of the game and a box... we still get all the same content. So if you consider not getting a physical copy less, good for you but I don't.