Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-10, 05:15 PM   #1
Yong_W

Post 3D Vision on Linux

I tried the new beta driver 195.30 on my Linux machine (RHEL4) to test the nvidia 3D Vision. With option set to "Stereo" "10" in the xorg.conf file and FX380 card, everything seems to work except the emitter, which is light green but does not turn to strong green. OpenGL based programs displayed double images but no stereo effect through the glasses (from the 3D Vision kit). The emitter was plugged to an USB port. Here are my questions:
1) Do I need an additional driver for the emitter like for Windows? If so, is this driver available?
2) The FX380 does not have onboard stereo DIN connector (3D Vision works fine with USB only for this card on Windows system) so the only connection is the USB. Is this sufficient? In the instruction on the X config options from nVidia, it is mentioned that "infrared emitter must be connected to a USB port of your computer, and to the 3-pin DIN connector of a Quadro graphics board (based on G8xGL or higher GPU) before starting the X server". Is it really true that both the USB and the 3-pin DIN connections must be made? If so, then only high end cards meet the requirement, a different situation from that of the Windows system.
Please let me know if you have info on how to make the 3D Vision stereo work. Thanks.
Yong_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 05:24 PM   #2
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: 3D Vision on Linux

Yes, I believe that 3D Vision currently requires the 3-pin DIN cable for synchronization on Linux.
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 04:41 PM   #3
Yong_W

Default Re: 3D Vision on Linux

Aaron,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is a plan to make a driver that will allow the emitter to run from the USB only (just like in Windows)?

Yong
Yong_W is offline   Reply With Quote