Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-10, 09:29 AM   #649
Vardant

Default Re: NVIDIA GF100 Previews

Although I agree with you, I must add, that B3D forum is now also being overrun by fanatics. It's obviously not as bad, but it is getting worse.
Old 03-14-10, 09:50 AM   #650
Enrico_be

These kind of discussions are happening on many forums lately :/

It'll be good that nvidia is back in the game soon
Old 03-14-10, 10:03 AM   #651
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico_be View Post
These kind of discussions are happening on many forums lately :/

It'll be good that nvidia is back in the game soon
Personally, I'd rather not have them. When I saw the volume of FUD Shadow001 posts, it bore some additional sleuthing.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 03-14-10, 10:17 AM   #652
scubes

im just sitting on the fence and enjoying this now with some popcorn no point saying anything anymore. cos it just seems to fuel it more...
Old 03-14-10, 12:45 PM   #653
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
First of all YES YOU DO Rollo might go about what he is saying in the complete wrong manner. But i'm seriously starting to think he is right. If you are that much into ATI. Why don't you go and play with the kiddies over at Rage3D. They also have nothing better to do than try and discredit Nvidia.

If you want to to put it bluntly,Rollo has no objectivity at all with regards to this issue period,so it's not about him saying his stuff in the wrong manner at all,as everyone has the right to their own opinion here,but when it's this obvious that even Nvidia itself admitted they're late with their product,right here:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3651

Quote:
Then timing is just as valid, because while Fermi currently exists on paper, it's not a product yet. Fermi is late. Clock speeds, configurations and price points have yet to be finalized. NVIDIA just recently got working chips back and it's going to be at least two months before I see the first samples. Widespread availability won't be until at least Q1 2010.

I asked two people at NVIDIA why Fermi is late; NVIDIA's VP of Product Marketing, Ujesh Desai and NVIDIA's VP of GPU Engineering, Jonah Alben. Ujesh responded: because designing GPUs this big is "****ing hard".

That was in september 30th,when Nvidia did the GP-GPU presentation,so if anything,i think that the near 6 months that have passed since,makes it one of the longest product introductions in history,and the only other one that was talked about even longer,and eventually cancelled because performance wasn't where it sould be,was Intel's larrabee.

So this isn't about discrediting anyone in the least,as Nvidia have released plenty of top performing hardware over the years,and i'll happily admit that they've held on to the performance lead for much longer periods of time than ATI has if you view the last 10+ year period,but in this business,you can't rest on past acheivements.

With fermi in particular,it's simply that what they've shown us so far is a lot of hot air,technical papers and nice tech demos,with the odd pictures of the cards at both CES and Cebit,and there's the unnoficial rumors floating about,so it really is time to put up or shut up for good....Is that simple enough to understand?,judging by your reply,i guess not,and there's plenty of people who already got fed up of waiting for Fermi,and yes they bought ATI cards,even MikeC,the owner of this very site.

What does that tell you?
Old 03-14-10, 12:51 PM   #654
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN52373 View Post
Just post your damned reciepts and he'll shut the **** up about it all.

I have a feeling that even if i did that to prove that i really did buy them,from the very time he asked for them,he'd come up with another suspicious theory of his own,as you can see by the replies he's made since yesterday.

He's paranoid/delusional basically,even to the point of trying to check which other forums i post on?...Rollo,get a life,seriously.
Old 03-14-10, 12:59 PM   #655
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
First of all i don't crap on threads,as
SHUT UP ALREADY
Old 03-14-10, 01:05 PM   #656
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
On the off chance he's just doing this because he's nuts, he's still not the kind of person you'd want on the NVIDIA fan site. It's one thing to have preferences and debate them, it's another entirely to make it a full time job trying to damage NVIDIA's business.

Having preferances and debate them?....Are you for real here?

You Nvidia tattoed on your forehead and that's the end of the preferances and debate for you...it doesn't matter what they release,or when,or if the competition released theirs much earlier and still have the fastest card on the market,or that their whole DX11 lineup is out now.....None of that even registers in your brain,period.

Quote:
P.S. I had some good laughs reading his love letters about the upcoming HD2900XTX "monster" and how it would destroy the 8800GTX by far and away. LOL

And i stand by it,and it wasn't because of it's performance...I took a wait and see aproach for the R600,much the same as you are waiting for your saviour card right now,and it turned out a dissapointment relative to the time we waited...My interest in it was mostly's Nvidia's fault since i had bought a 7950GX2 the year before(Cost me 750$ at the time),and 4 months later,had no driver support for Win XP 64 for 8 months after that point,once the 8800GTX was released.

And before anyone says "fail you had 64bit" ,keep in mind that since that point,ATI has released regular WHQL drivers(12 a year),for all the O/S versions on the market,including 64 bit variants.

And before that,i also had:

1:7800GT's in SLI
2:Geforce 4 TI 4400.
3:Original Geforce 3.
4:Geforce 2 GTS 64MB.
5:Geforce 1 DDR(not the earlier SDR model).

Old 03-14-10, 01:12 PM   #657
Rollo

Quote:
I can't stop posting negative things about NVIDIA, my masters Charlie and ATi told me to keep plugging away here. If there's a chance I can convince even one person to buy a 5870 instead of waiting the 12 days until Fermi based products launch, Ive got to do it.

Dave Baumann, the one true God, has told me he will show me favor if I post some extra special FUD in the last few weeks before Fermi launches. I wonder what it will be? Do I dare to dream it? Will he take me to McDonalds near the Holy Markham Ontario HQ for the signature Spamapple Pie(tm) they only serve their bravest lackeys?!? <squeeellllL>

Dave and Charlie said I shouldn't listen to naysayers- they say I'm fighting for a noble cause against a vile enemy. I hope they're right, they seem so smart and strong. Someday they'll make me one of them, and ATi will buy me an efficiency apartment with a FIOS connection like they did Charlie! Think how many sites I'll be able to spam then! I'll have a 100 different names!
Hmmm. You go girl, you're getting more interesting than that BS bleating "Waaaahh the card is laaateee!" simpering. Maybe AMD will gift you one of their Phenoms next!

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 03-14-10, 01:17 PM   #658
Iruwen

Quote:
And before anyone says "fail you had 64bit" ,keep in mind that since that point,ATI has released regular WHQL drivers(12 a year),for all the O/S versions on the market,including 64 bit variants.
This comment was strictly limited to 64 Bit Windows XP since its limitations and poor driver support have been well known and officially confirmed.

Quote:
The initial target audience for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is anyone who is running into performance and memory limits on their 32-bit systems, for example, developers, media artists, CAD/CAM, scientific workstations and enthusiasts who are running the most demanding applications, and who require the capabilities of the Professional Edition of Windows XP. Windows XP Home Edition is targeted at the home user and has fewer features. At this point, especially with the current limited driver support, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not targeted at the casual home user.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...el_x64faq.mspx
Old 03-14-10, 01:18 PM   #659
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Hmmm. You go girl, you're getting more interesting than that BS bleating "Waaaahh the card is laaateee!" simpering. Maybe AMD will gift you one of their Phenoms next!

You really are a 12yrs old aren't you?

I've got an intel i7 920 as i showed in that 3D mark score a little earlier,and next up is a gulftown....You know,the score where the cards aren't even overclocked,and even a quad GTX295 can't even come close to touching that using the same CPU speed?

But i'm sure you'll ignore even that blindingly obvious bit,like the brainwashed Nvidia drone you are...
Old 03-14-10, 01:19 PM   #660
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Will both of you just give it a rest already?

There hasn't been any new info to discuss in like 2 weeks. That means you've just been bickering about absolutely nothing all this time.

Go find something to do.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
Closed Thread