Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-10, 06:12 PM   #121
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"
 
gulizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Evansville, Indiana (from Detroit)
Posts: 663
Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=powerstroke+engine+recalls


Back on topic, as consumers we can choose whatever products we wish to support, I'm glad you've had an excellent experience with nVidia. I've used both manufacturers cards, and since I upgrade every cycle I've been through lots. Evga is probably the best GFX card company in the world IMHO.

I've had more driver problems with nVidia...related mostly to install/uninstall error XDC fix that up nicely. And I spent like 1200 bucks on 7950gx2's for Quad SLi...that never ever did work right.

I've only used Ati for the last 2 generation before that it was always nV. I haven't had any real driver issues, other than poor performance with certain "beta" drivers (which is my own fault for trying betas) other than that nothing really.

Like I said I'm glad you love nV...and you love Ford....that's great....brand loyalty....it's cool

Its not loyalty. I've owned both. I like Ford the best. It is fact they are tougher. I'd love to show you that.. As for Powerstroke recalls, that would be the 6.0L. Many people were chipping them, and using the wrong coolant in them. The coolant was breaking down the seals. Ford recommends Premium Gold Coolant, its made for the Powerstroke. Another recall was Turbo's failing, that is lack of putting your foot in it, and it clogging up. The next issue they had was with the fuel in America. When the 6.0L came out it was built by International. It was designed however off of a Europe based company. Back then we had really poor quality fuel. The 6.0L was built to run off the cleaner fuel, not our trashy fuel.

TSB's out do recalls, and that is what GM doesn't want you to know. TSB's are not free to be fixed by the company. Technical Service Bulletins out weigh the ****ty jap motor that GM uses in its bigger trucks, which we know is Duramax, its designed by Isuzu. The TSB's are not free to be fixed, the recalls Ford has were free. There has been one official recall on the 6.4L and it was a a simple computer re-program. As for the Powerstrokes future, the new one the 6.7L will be built by FORD, and DESIGNED by FORD. Its going to be what the 7.3L was to the diesel industry. The 7.3L is known to be the toughest Diesel engine in the industry to put in a 1ton pick up. 444ci motor with a garret turbo charger. Trying to make me look like a fan boy don't work. I believe I've owned and worked around Diesel's and motors long enough to know which is better. Any guy whose ever drag raced will tell you Ford may be expensive to get supped up, but at the end of the day it will run the entire year without issue. Chevy's are prone to blow the blocks, throw rods, and many other issues. GM has had many attempts at a good diesel engine, including its cruddy diesel kit for the old 5.7 (350ci SBC). It failed. If you want to race then get a Duramax, they suck at pulling.

nVidia maybe an opinion, but the benchmarks being posted up don't make me want to buy an ATI card. Some of them show the ATI card doing really well, well thats awesome. However nvidia seems to have better driver support, profiles, things that out weigh the benefits. That is all I was stating. Since people compare getting 70 FPS to 100 FPS. 70 FPS to me looks like 100FPS. Its smooth, and plays good. You also got to realize the resolution and the settings people are doing these benchmarks at.
__________________
my rig: 2011 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke, DPF/urea delete H&S Mini Maxx tuned, w/ fuel box from IDP ET 1/8 8.40
gulizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 08:38 PM   #122
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!
 
kaptkarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 406
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
Even if ATI was remotely faster, I could careless as well. ATI is junk. The first ATI card I owned literally caught fire inside my case. I called ATI who was the manufacture of the card, this is back when ATI actually made its own card, and they couldn't explain what may have happened. The next card I got for a little bit more after taking the one that burnt back to bestbuy was a 9800. I got BSOD's all the time in Matrix's Online, HL2 card I got with it was cool, and I did keep it, however when HL2 came out the game ran like pure crap on the 9800. So I ended up sitting on a 9800, and going out and grabbing a 5950 Ultra. I think. It may have been a bit smaller. Game play was smoother, even though people claimed the ATI card's were much faster, and less buggier, and there were no crashes.

I've owned nvidia all my life since then. I ain't going to trade it out because some guy says he can get 130 FPS on ATI, opposed to my 100 FPS. So what. I can't tell the difference, if I can play and kill people at the highest level of detail then I couldn't careless so as long as its smooth, and nvidia has done that for me. Some here play with ungodly resolutions, me I am happy with my 1600 by 1050 resolution, and that took me forever to get use to considering I was using the standard 1280 by 1024 resolution.

This is like the great Ford Vs Chevy debacle. These guys get these trucks and they have to make it known they have a better truck, when in reality I work with these trucks all day and I will tell you what, forget what some numbers on a site said, FORD is more reliable, pulls better, last longer. Same for nvidia, its much more reliable (from my experience in owning both ATI, and Nvidia) and the drivers do not crash. In fact I cannot report one blue screen with nvidia drivers. Not one that ever pertained to a blue screen that was nvidia's drivers being at fault. I've had to reinstall them because they didn't install right before, but that is it.

Fermi is what its going to be, nvidia has been schooling ATI for sometime to come. I believe they will continue, and its not about which is better. Its about whose more loyal. Honestly which is more cooler? The pretty nvidia green logo, or the crappy ati red. nvidia has a way cooler logo, a better site to navigate through, more things support nvidia, the name is cooler, I mean just going to their site makes you feel like you have one bad ass card. Which is true you do.
Your post is.........wow......where should I begin.......I can't help but respond to this post.

First of all, ATI is NOT junk, nor is NVidia.....ATI just has faster, better and more feature rich cards right now.......period...end of story.....get over it fanboy. The 9700 pro and 9800 pro were by far the best cards on the market in thier time. Beat the pants off anything Nvidia have at the time.....please. Pretty green logo??? Cooler?? Give me a break dude.

Secondly, FORD, Chevy, Dodge.....take your pick.....a matter of your opinion vs someone elses. We could argue this all day. They all have their good and bad points. You obviously are a diehard FORD man. Nothing wrong with that. But don't be condescending to others who think differently.

Thirdly, let me guess...... you're a Harley owner who thinks anything other than a Harley is junk. Once again you're WRONG....so very wrong. I've owned bikes all my life...still do. Once again a matter of opinion.

There is nothing wrong w/ stating your opinion. But that's all it is, an opinion. It's not based on facts, just your personal beliefs. That's ok dude. But take the blinders off once in awhile and look at the facts.

Being in sales for 20+ yrs you always follow the golden rule......sell your product on it's own merits, performance, features, price point, etc. It's a cardinal sin in sales to bad mouth the competition. That shows how fearful you are of them and casts doubt about your own product. Sound familiar here???? hello???

Now let me get back on topic..........I hope the GF100 Fermi rocks. But until the facts are out, let's try not to bad mouth the performance king right now....ATI. Let them have thier due. They deserve it. Hopefully NVidia will put out some smokin' cards in the near future.

Like I said in a previous post, competition is a good thing.

Kapt
__________________
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 motherboard
AMD Phenom ll X4 965 BE OC'd @ 3.6GHz
Vendetta cooler 120mm fan
16GB G. Skill Ripsaw DDR3 1600MHz memory
Powercolor 5870 OC'd to 949/1255
(OC'd only when gaming of course)
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA HD
Sony dual layer 16X DVD/CD Writer
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
HP w2408h 24" monitor running @ 1920x1200 native rez
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
kaptkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:00 PM   #123
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"
 
gulizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Evansville, Indiana (from Detroit)
Posts: 663
Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

How do you figure ATI has richer features? Up until the 5000 series ATI was getting its ass stomped? Faster cards? Really its funny nvidia has been on top for sometime now, up until recently. The name of this forum is NVNEWS. Why are all these ATI fan boys poppin out the wood works praising ATI. Mike C doesn't have an ATI card... I mean come on wtf is all these ATI bs. Who cares if ATI is better. We are here on this forum because we are interested in the nvidia cards.

No FACTS. As in several surveys taken, with PROOF say FORD is a tougher, more reliable truck. We don't buy trucks that aren't reliable. Chevrolet has made it to that list before, and we bought them because they were cheaper, we won't make that mistake again.

FACT: NVIDIA has a nicer website. The name is much more known then ATI. the 9700 pro? It was JUNK. I had a 9800XT I believe was the edition, and it was suppose to be better then a 5900 Ultra, well I couldn't say that because every game I played was plagued by an issue that pertained to ATI cards. As many issues as the 5900 had, it was a great CARD for me. Many people here would argue that ATI is better. It certainly does not have more features. Physic are beginning to take over games today, why because nvidia has been developing software to make them run on their cards. I think I want my card to benefit from Physics. How many more games do you think are going to avoid that aspect here? What about Adobe? Its enhanced for nvidia cards. These big names keep popping up.

I will always agree competition is good, but I like nvidia for the nice features it has, the name is cool. That logo is very pretty. I know that sounds retarded, but theres a study that shows a logo is a big thing in advertisement. Nvidia wins on that aspect. More people bought laptops because it had nvidia graphics in them. NVIDIA is a superior card to ATI, and its crappy drivers. I go and look at reviews on neweggs, and a majority that are reviewing even the new 5900 ati card's say the drivers are not very user friendly, and aren't very well polished.
__________________
my rig: 2011 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke, DPF/urea delete H&S Mini Maxx tuned, w/ fuel box from IDP ET 1/8 8.40
gulizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:02 PM   #124
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
How do you figure ATI has richer features? Up until the 5000 series ATI was getting its ass stomped? Faster cards? Really its funny nvidia has been on top for sometime now, up until recently. The name of this forum is NVNEWS. Why are all these ATI fan boys poppin out the wood works praising ATI. Mike C doesn't have an ATI card... I mean come on wtf is all these ATI bs. Who cares if ATI is better. We are here on this forum because we are interested in the nvidia cards.

No FACTS. As in several surveys taken, with PROOF say FORD is a tougher, more reliable truck. We don't buy trucks that aren't reliable. Chevrolet has made it to that list before, and we bought them because they were cheaper, we won't make that mistake again.

FACT: NVIDIA has a nicer website. The name is much more known then ATI. the 9700 pro? It was JUNK. I had a 9800XT I believe was the edition, and it was suppose to be better then a 5900 Ultra, well I couldn't say that because every game I played was plagued by an issue that pertained to ATI cards. As many issues as the 5900 had, it was a great CARD for me. Many people here would argue that ATI is better. It certainly does not have more features. Physic are beginning to take over games today, why because nvidia has been developing software to make them run on their cards. I think I want my card to benefit from Physics. How many more games do you think are going to avoid that aspect here? What about Adobe? Its enhanced for nvidia cards. These big names keep popping up.

I will always agree competition is good, but I like nvidia for the nice features it has, the name is cool. That logo is very pretty. I know that sounds retarded, but theres a study that shows a logo is a big thing in advertisement. Nvidia wins on that aspect. More people bought laptops because it had nvidia graphics in them. NVIDIA is a superior card to ATI, and its crappy drivers. I go and look at reviews on neweggs, and a majority that are reviewing even the new 5900 ati card's say the drivers are not very user friendly, and aren't very well polished.
Maybe you should look at this thread, dumbass:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=139580
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:05 PM   #125
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"
 
gulizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Evansville, Indiana (from Detroit)
Posts: 663
Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Maybe you should look at this thread, dumbass:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=139580
Bet your E-Penis got hard didn't it. Its an unoffical review. The name of the site isn't ATINEWS DUMB ASS. I still have yet to see MikeC say hes using an ATI card. This forum is fine for ATI, but jesus stop saying ATI is a superior card to nvidia, because that simply isn't true.

I use to be registered on the AMD Support forums. When Intel started doing a little better. These people with Intel Systems started showing up, talking about how their intel was so good at the benchmarks. Comparing them to AMD's older technology. Of course then AMD begin to ban these people, or remove their system specs. I remember having my account unregistered just for having an Intel based system, and I hadn't posted no benchmarks. I did have a AMD system beforehand. Point is I didn't go around to an Intel site and register as a AMD guy and begin posting crap up.

nvidias new card isn't out yet, and people are already saying that ATI's cards are more superior. Just simply isn't true.
__________________
my rig: 2011 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke, DPF/urea delete H&S Mini Maxx tuned, w/ fuel box from IDP ET 1/8 8.40
gulizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:30 PM   #126
Wolken007
Registered User
 
Wolken007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 309
Send a message via AIM to Wolken007 Send a message via MSN to Wolken007
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
Bet your E-Penis got hard didn't it. Its an unoffical review. The name of the site isn't ATINEWS DUMB ASS. I still have yet to see MikeC say hes using an ATI card. This forum is fine for ATI, but jesus stop saying ATI is a superior card to nvidia, because that simply isn't true.

nvidias new card isn't out yet, and people are already saying that ATI's cards are more superior. Just simply isn't true.
You are correct -- the name of the site is nvnews. That means covering nvidia when they are on top, and when they are not. Right now, ATI's current cards beat Nvidia's. Plain and simple. There are benchmarks all over the place that show it. As previous posters have said -- that doesn't mean that Fermi will not be an awesome card. As of now, nobody has any exact numbers on the Fermi benchmarks so any claims about performance are just speculation. Try not to take it so personally.
__________________
Intel Core i7 980x @ 4.4ghz \ Asus P6T Deluxe V2 \ 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 \ 2X EVGA GTX480
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2ghz \ Asus P6T \ 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 \ EVGA GTX470
Wolken007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:35 PM   #127
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!
 
kaptkarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 406
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Maybe you should look at this thread, dumbass:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=139580
+1
__________________
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 motherboard
AMD Phenom ll X4 965 BE OC'd @ 3.6GHz
Vendetta cooler 120mm fan
16GB G. Skill Ripsaw DDR3 1600MHz memory
Powercolor 5870 OC'd to 949/1255
(OC'd only when gaming of course)
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA HD
Sony dual layer 16X DVD/CD Writer
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
HP w2408h 24" monitor running @ 1920x1200 native rez
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
kaptkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:40 PM   #128
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"
 
gulizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Evansville, Indiana (from Detroit)
Posts: 663
Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolken007 View Post
You are correct -- the name of the site is nvnews. That means covering nvidia when they are on top, and when they are not. Right now, ATI's current cards beat Nvidia's. Plain and simple. There are benchmarks all over the place that show it. As previous posters have said -- that doesn't mean that Fermi will not be an awesome card. As of now, nobody has any exact numbers on the Fermi benchmarks so any claims about performance are just speculation. Try not to take it so personally.
ATI's new card beats nvidias old card okay? So what? I ain't taking it personally. I dislike being called a dumb ass by some nerd who thinks hes just posted the second coming of Christ... XionX2 was talking about ATI cards. I didn't insult him, because he never sit here and said that nvidia was a bad card. He never came up and said "Hey ATI is a better card PERIOD". Fermi will be better to compare to ATI's cards.
__________________
my rig: 2011 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke, DPF/urea delete H&S Mini Maxx tuned, w/ fuel box from IDP ET 1/8 8.40
gulizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-10, 09:40 PM   #129
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)



What the hell is going on in here guys? Quit fighting.
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:42 PM   #130
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"
 
gulizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Evansville, Indiana (from Detroit)
Posts: 663
Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post


What the hell is going on in here guys? Quit fighting.
Sorry .
__________________
my rig: 2011 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke, DPF/urea delete H&S Mini Maxx tuned, w/ fuel box from IDP ET 1/8 8.40
gulizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:47 PM   #131
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!
 
kaptkarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 406
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post


FACT: NVIDIA has a nicer website. The name is much more known then ATI. the 9700 pro? It was JUNK. I had a 9800XT I believe was the edition, and it was suppose to be better then a 5900 Ultra, well I couldn't say that because every game I played was plagued by an issue that pertained to ATI cards. As many issues as the 5900 had, it was a great CARD for me. Many people here would argue that ATI is better. It certainly does not have more features. Physic are beginning to take over games today, why because nvidia has been developing software to make them run on their cards. I think I want my card to benefit from Physics. How many more games do you think are going to avoid that aspect here? What about Adobe? Its enhanced for nvidia cards. These big names keep popping up.

I will always agree competition is good, but I like nvidia for the nice features it has, the name is cool. That logo is very pretty. I know that sounds retarded, but theres a study that shows a logo is a big thing in advertisement. Nvidia wins on that aspect. More people bought laptops because it had nvidia graphics in them. NVIDIA is a superior card to ATI, and its crappy drivers. I go and look at reviews on neweggs, and a majority that are reviewing even the new 5900 ati card's say the drivers are not very user friendly, and aren't very well polished.

oooooooooooo.......news flash.......Nvidia has a "nicer " website....hahahahahahahaha. Now that's the funniest damn thing I've heard in awhile!! .......... a damn good reason to buy a video card, isn't it fellas???

Don't know what you're smokin' dude, but you need to share!! The 9700/9800 pro blew the doors off the 5900 w/ it's blowdryer cooling fan! hahahaha! WOW! You've totally lost it!

Kapt
__________________
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 motherboard
AMD Phenom ll X4 965 BE OC'd @ 3.6GHz
Vendetta cooler 120mm fan
16GB G. Skill Ripsaw DDR3 1600MHz memory
Powercolor 5870 OC'd to 949/1255
(OC'd only when gaming of course)
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA HD
Sony dual layer 16X DVD/CD Writer
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
HP w2408h 24" monitor running @ 1920x1200 native rez
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
kaptkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 09:58 PM   #132
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
I have yet to see MikeC say hes using an ATI card.
Quote:
Mike C doesn't have an ATI card...
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeC: Wanted to let folks know that I ordered an ASUS EAH5870 from Newegg a couple of days ago for $379
K.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.