Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-20-10, 02:22 PM   #13
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: BioWare Unveils ‘The Cerberus Network’

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
yap, and thats where it is heading to
Blah. Games aren't heading there. They have been there for years. There are a crapton of games before DLC was around that weren't finished. Need I even bring up KOTOR 2?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 03:15 PM   #14
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Let's wait and see what happens. I say there won't be many games like that anymore.
Mass Effect 2 is suppose to be on average of 30 to 40 hours and more with players who like to go 100%. Thats almost double the playtime of the original...
Old 01-20-10, 03:51 PM   #15
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Yeah, people have shown they buy good DLC in droves and bad DLC sparingly. I doubt we will get to a point where games are incomplete and then finished in DLC, consumers are dumb but not that dumb.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 04:02 PM   #16
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Yeah, people have shown they buy good DLC in droves and bad DLC sparingly. I doubt we will get to a point where games are incomplete and then finished in DLC, consumers are dumb but not that dumb.
isn't that what they did in Ass Creed2?
Old 01-20-10, 04:05 PM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
I honestly don't think this is the case. I think they are making the DLC sound more important and hope for better sales because AC2 felt like a complete game to me... definitely more complete than the first game.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 04:09 PM   #18
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I honestly don't think this is the case. I think they are making the DLC sound more important and hope for better sales because AC2 felt like a complete game to me... definitely more complete than the first game.
but they still developer or publisher (forgot who), said they they did cut out parts of the game to meet the deadline, and later released/or will release the cut content as DLC
Old 01-20-10, 05:19 PM   #19
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Quote:
but they still developer or publisher (forgot who), said they they did cut out parts of the game to meet the deadline, and later released/or will release the cut content as DLC
Like I said earlier in a different DLC thread, DLC' can be a good thing.

Take KOTOR II for example, LucasArts rushed Obsidian into finishing the game in a certain amount of time and a lot of content was cut. It took years for the modding community to release something and that still isn't all the cut content in the first place. If DLC's were popular back then we might have had a much better KOTOR sequel.
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 05:32 PM   #20
Vardant

Quote:
Prince of Persia would be a better example.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-10, 01:51 AM   #21
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
It wasn't essential plot or anything, they cut some parts out that weren't working near release and then released them later... the game is still very long. It's no different than a movie where some scenes are lost in editing, then on the DVD later.

It's really paranoia to think one day games will come out incomplete... why would consumers be ok with that? They wouldn't, they're dumb but not that dumb, as I said.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 01-21-10, 08:41 AM   #22
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
But console gamers showed that they're stupid enough to buy even bad DLCs like the CoD mappacks. Paying for multiplayer maps is ridiculously stupid but it was a huge success.
I agree on map packs, but then if most people think they are worth paying for the companies would be stupid to ignore that. I don't play multi anyway, so what do I care.

I think my main point was that anything SO horrible, like an unfinished game, will get negative press and such to the point it won't be done anymore. Look at Horse Armor for Oblivion, Fallout 3 had none of that garbage. I bet the next Dragon Age game doesn't have the virtual salesman... things like that.

Old 01-21-10, 10:45 AM   #23
LurkerLito

Honestly what they are doing with ME2 I think is great. The "Free" day one DLC for purchasers of the game is a great way to combat piracy especially any early leaks, also it helps the game dev get some money for used game sales that doesn't interfere with people who want to sell their game (assuming of course those people are buying a retail copy).

It certainly is a better method IMO than the travesty they are doing to Bioshock 2. Even DA:O didn't have a fixed number of activations so I am actually happy with their implementation (well the one I bought from Impulse). IIRC DA:O had a 5 activation per day setting, which IMO is the best way so far to deal with online activation.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 12:03 PM   #24
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
It certainly is a better method IMO than the travesty they are doing to Bioshock 2.
A disc check and Games for Windows? That's nothing.