Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-20-10, 09:35 AM   #13
jolle

Default Re: Bioshock 2 DRM scheme - new level of low!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Stop trying to justify piracy.
pointing out how publishers is making legal gaming harder and harder, while playing pirated games is as easy as it ever was, is NOT the same thing as justifying piracy.
But it IS a contributing factor in why piracy is there.

A certain percentage of the download stats thrown around are people who actually bought the game but had issues playing it with all the hoops you need to jump through.
I played BF2 with a mounted mini ISO to not have to put the DVD in all the time, still required you to be logged into the game with your authentic account afterall.

having to log into GFWL in a game bought on steam just makes you want to tear your eyes out.
Old 01-20-10, 09:38 AM   #14
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Hm not sure i wanna buy it now, i hate windows live for games and since i have zero interest in mp im not sure.. i hope they wont cry later how bad the pc is gonna sell then, thoose protections always brakes it for people who bought it and thoose who download a cracked version will have zero problems as usual.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 09:40 AM   #15
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
having to log into GFWL in a game bought on steam just makes you want to tear your eyes out.
Why? I have had no issues, I log in once, enter the CDKey and thats it. The game will log me in automatically every time I play it. No issue...

Pirates don't download games becuase of DRM, that is a bull**** excuse. Most of them don't give a **** about paying for the game to begin with.
Old 01-20-10, 09:41 AM   #16
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

OH yeah my GTA IV have SecuRom Error now the only thing I can do is Format and reinstalling windows! F U Securom!
Old 01-20-10, 09:41 AM   #17
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I always thought Bioshock was one of the most overrated games I've ever played, I couldn't care less about its sequel. I actually like GFWL though, I enjoy achievements and stuff. The way it works in Fallout 3 and Batman is great. I'm not really sure how it's different here because I always logged in anyway.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 10:17 AM   #18
jolle

Quote:
Why? I have had no issues, I log in once, enter the CDKey and thats it. The game will log me in automatically every time I play it. No issue...
Well, first I gotta spend a ****load of time trying to break the damn password that I cant remember cause I dont generally use the service and the logins are few and far between, specially since the previous GFWL game I have I set to save the password.
Its just a added layer of hassle, when Im already logged into Steam.

Quote:
Pirates don't download games becuase of DRM, that is a bull**** excuse. Most of them don't give a **** about paying for the game to begin with.
Never said they did, but my download of that BF2 mini iso is in the piracy stats somewhere.
Itīs part of it.
Old 01-20-10, 10:27 AM   #19
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Well, first I gotta spend a ****load of time trying to break the damn password that I cant remember cause I dont generally use the service and the logins are few and far between, specially since the previous GFWL game I have I set to save the password.
Its just a added layer of hassle, when Im already logged into Steam.
i dislike GFWL, but you are complaining of password as the biggest issue? So you are logged into steam? and? Steam is just distrubution network, it has nothing to do with actual game, unless the said game uses steamworks, which is not the case.

come on, you can't be serious.

1) it uses MS passport system: GFWL, XBL, Hotmail. MS sites, technet etc....
2) Password are not few to PC games, they been used FOR over a decade, login here, login there, various MP services login, EA login, Bioware etc....
Old 01-20-10, 11:44 AM   #20
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Alright well my biggest complaint is activation limits. There are game activation limits which may or may not be revokable - but then there are the unrevokable, unspoken GFWL activation limits which really get me heated after my month long dispute with Microsoft. I had to take a picture of my D2D account the key and my hand holding a username written in black ink. And after a month they issued me a new key for GTA IV. Ridiculous.

For anyone not familiar I posted a thread awhile back (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=136145) about the "unspoken" GFWL activation limits. At some point you will need to contact MS and they have to issue you a new key. Of course they have you jump through hoops. Just create an offline profile and save yourself the hassle. I don't even bother playing GTA IV online anymore which is sad - I bought the damn game and don't wanna deal with this crap again so I don't even play MP anymore.

So activation limits for the game and GFWL really turn me off. Pirates have it easier than customers. Stop killing your fan base!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-10, 12:09 PM   #21
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
come on, you can't be serious.
Yeah just because itīs not more then a minor hassle Im gonna be grateful for it?
It helps me, not one bit, to go onto friends, on steam, and ask people their GFWL name to add them, so I can play DOW2, on steam.
no added value at all in having to be signed into 2 services to play that game.

The other game I have that uses GFWL is FO3, and while it hasnīt really been that much in the way, I didnt even have to be logged in.
Using GFWL to get a DLC for FO3 was something of a adventure though.

So while it doesnt really ruin a game, I generally have no interest in GFWL, and when I run into it, itīs just a minor annoyance or indifference.
But so are all the "custom" logins for CoH, Dragon Age, GTAIV and whatnot.
Old 01-20-10, 12:11 PM   #22
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Retail Box Purchase + Cracked EXE = No Problems.

It sucks we have to do that, but piracy is never the answer... support developers and investors in the PC platform, buy the game, then crack it. There can be no legal issues if you own the boxed game.

Yay.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 12:58 PM   #23
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Retail Box Purchase + Cracked EXE = No Problems

+1,000,000

I do the same thing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 01:01 PM   #24
dandano
hardware antiquarian

show me where it says that there are activation limits on bioshock 2. I know it uses securom, but no mention has been made of limiting how many times you can install.

and i don't think all the gfwl stuff is required for single player. can anyone confirm that?
Intel Core i7-950 3.06GHz LGA 1366 | Asus P6X58D-E | Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (7-8-7-20) | Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB SATA (Windows 7 Pro) | LiteOn iHES208 BluRay DVD Burner SATA | EVGA GTX 770 SC | Corsair HX650 PSU 3.3v(24A) 5v(30A) 12v(52A) | Lian Li PC-60 Plus case with window (black) | Monsoon 2.1 Speakers | Dell UltraSharp U2410 LCD (1920x1200@60Hz)
dandano is offline   Reply With Quote