Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-22-10, 12:28 PM   #97
killahsin

Default Re: Bioshock 2 DRM scheme - new level of low!

you guys are a bunch of whiners just wait till broadband hits an over-saturated rate. You want to cry about drm. Wait till you only own the front end of a game.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 12:36 PM   #98
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin View Post
Wait till you only own the front end of a game.
Think they should do something like that already. If the game is retail then the user must login and enter the cdkey once verified they get their game unencrypted (use a system like steams or D2D which are rarely cracked) or download missing segments.
Old 01-22-10, 12:45 PM   #99
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Yeah one day all games will be like MMOs in the sense that you log on and download files as you play... it's the most common sense way to basically eradicate piracy.

Of course it also eradicates any semblance of ownership of the game as well. Thanks pirates!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 01:14 PM   #100
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Can we edit the title since BioShock 2 is probably DRM-lite for current times?
postal employee will get mad
Old 01-22-10, 01:21 PM   #101
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Old 01-22-10, 01:25 PM   #102
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Well they've back peddled alot on the DRM now.... "oh it's a misunderstanding...we really do want people to buy the game... we never meant..."

BS. They would lock it down and charge you $50 every time you fired up the game if they could do it and get away with it. I love how they try to make it seem like the community "mis-understood".

I'm wondering in an ideal world for the developer how this would really work. You pay $50. Install the game one time on one machine, take the time to play through it, uninstall the game. They got their $50 and you got your "experience".

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 01:32 PM   #103
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Well they've back peddled alot on the DRM now.... "oh it's a misunderstanding...we really do want people to buy the game... we never meant..."

BS. They would lock it down and charge you $50 every time you fired up the game if they could do it and get away with it. I love how they try to make it seem like the community "mis-understood".
How is it not a misunderstanding since everyone got bent out of shape by what was posted on Steam and nothing that was said by the developer/publisher?

Grow the **** up.
Old 01-22-10, 02:19 PM   #104
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Cool Re: Bioshock 2 DRM scheme - new level of low!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
How is it not a misunderstanding since everyone got bent out of shape by what was posted on Steam and nothing that was said by the developer/publisher?

Grow the **** up.
Oh we understood it correctly. They changed their tune when people started talking about a boycott.

Don't be such a hoser.

Quote:

Old 01-22-10, 02:28 PM   #105
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Oh we understood it correctly. They changed their tune when people started talking about a boycott.

Don't be such a hoser.
I doubt they changed their tune over a few people crying. They didn't do that for the original nor would they for the second one.

Boycotts NEVER work, they know that and don't give a **** when retards like you start screaming for boycott.
Old 01-22-10, 02:35 PM   #106
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I doubt they changed their tune over a few people crying. They didn't do that for the original nor would they for the second one.

Boycotts NEVER work, they know that and don't give a **** when retards like you start screaming for boycott.
Funny, I didnt. I just posted the information they gave us. I'm not a fan of Boycotts, they don't work. Why are you so angry all the time?

Quote:
Old 01-22-10, 02:48 PM   #107
HiCZoK4

tea anyone?
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 03:21 PM   #108
LurkerLito

Boycotts often won't work on IP since they will only put the lost sales towards piracy. But I would still boycott games for absurdities like multiple levels of varying activation schemes. And yes boycotts have worked before just look at Starforce. Unfortunately for boycotts to really work you need a large movement of people doing it in comparison to the expected sales. Even though some estimated 100,000 signed the CoD:MW2 petition due to the dedicated server issue, it's expected sales eclipsed the boycotters by such a large amount that it really didn't do any good even if every single one of them actually did boycott it. And because it was multiplatform the boycott really lost any kind of pressure it could exert on the publisher/developer.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote