Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-20-10, 09:03 PM   #13
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Default Re: New Game from Titan Quest Developers

Here's a few new in-game screenshots, it looks awesome and does not look like Torchlight at all. Right now I'm halfway in Titan Quest with Immortal Quest expansion. It's awesomeI. First Act in TQ was kinda boring and too long but it got better in Act 2. I'm considering pre-ordering this to help the developers make it even better.

http://www.grimdawn.com/media_screenshots.php

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 10:14 PM   #14
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

wow it does look good, visually not a big improvement over TQ, but that a good thing
Old 07-21-10, 05:56 AM   #15
jolle

TQ got a bit of a bad rap at release for being instable, but that was mainly due to pirated copies running into security checks that werent cracked.
They had only cracked the initial checks and thus they had people all over their forums crying about the game crashing to desktop, BEFORE it was released.

one of the IL guys left a parting post before they shut down talking about some problems they had with the launch.
another example was a reviewer that subtracted from the total game score based on the lack of fast travel (town portal), which the game not only HAS, but even has free of cost as a UI button..

Personally I think TQ with the expansion is great, Im on the Legendary playthrough and its the best Diablo clone out there, and unlike TL (which didnt much care for) it has coop support.
Old 07-21-10, 08:19 AM   #16
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I had a lot of fun playing TQ (got the Gold edition on Steam) but my biggest problem with it was how long it took for the gameplay to really get interesting. The skill system was really top-notch though and some of the boss fights were really cool. Never did get to Hades in Immortal Throne though, got kind of bored halfway through. Still the gameplay is fantastic and polished, and it's definitely worth the money. Hope this new game continues the trend (with maybe a bit less monotony in between fun parts).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 09:35 AM   #17
|MaguS|

Ugh, Those shots don't give me hope of randomized levels...
Old 07-21-10, 09:58 AM   #18
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Ugh, Those shots don't give me hope of randomized levels...
well, randomized has its own drawbacks, I didnt feel TQ really suffered from the lack of it.
Rather benefited from having some nice level design that used parallax to a great effect, the chineese wall level was pretty awesome like that.
Old 07-21-10, 12:34 PM   #19
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
well, randomized has its own drawbacks, I didnt feel TQ really suffered from the lack of it.
Rather benefited from having some nice level design that used parallax to a great effect, the chineese wall level was pretty awesome like that.
I think it did, I could only replay it so many times while games like Torchlight and Diablo 2 I replay alot.
Old 07-21-10, 04:07 PM   #20
Phyxion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
wow it does look good, visually not a big improvement over TQ, but that a good thing
It's a nice improvement over the old engine, look at the smoke it's much better than TQ. Hope the game is as great as TQ was

Old 07-22-10, 03:34 AM   #21
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Titan Quest was fun enough, I'd certainly check this one out. Here's hoping it sells well for them.
Old 07-22-10, 05:46 AM   #22
Zenoth

I liked Titan Quest, well... it was decent, but only because I installed the unofficial community patch for it, or else... wow, the amount of bugs is beyond comprehension (good job TQ community on fixing them, that's for sure). I will buy Grim Dawn to support the devs, it looks like a fine extra Diablo clone to burn time on until the ultimate action RPG of all time comes out (indeed, I'm referring to Diablo III).
GPU: eVGA GeForce GTX285 @ Stock
PSU: Corsair TX750W
APU: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Zenoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 06:54 AM   #23
jolle

What kind of bugs?
Like I said, im on the third playthrough (Legendary Difficulty) and that includes running through the expansion every time, and I cant recall running into any bugs as such, atleast nothing that has stuck with me or given me the impression that the game is buggy.
Old 07-22-10, 08:58 AM   #24
Yaboze

I am old school in many ways. I loved Diablo in the 90's and loved Diablo 2. I can't wait for Diablo III.

I'll probably check this out, if it's like TQ and a little like Torchlight, I'm sure I'll like it.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote