Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-01-10, 07:06 AM   #13
Blade
It's just a ride....

Default Re: Wings Of Prey Flight Sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahheadlock View Post
for those who have this, what's the core gameplay like? is there a 'story' or is it a dynamic campaign sort of thing?

how user friendly is the arcadey difficulty? i like sims but only to a point, when you need to be an actual pilot to play a computer a game i draw the line.

x360 controller support?

i'll give the demo a squiz anyway, just curious about the full game.
Demo does not do the game justice, the demo does not remember your control setup so you have to reconfigure sticks & pads every time you fly, full game is fine tho.

Works with 360 controller.

gameplay is campaign based in singleplayer or you can select single missions or you can setup training & fly what you like where you like against what you like.

Difficulty settings are fully scalable from arcade to full sim, easy to pickup & play.
Online is a blast & dev support is superb, be warned tho after install the updates are allready running to about 1.5gb.

Graphics & effects are simply stunning, well worth the price of admission alone.

Oh & DRM is not a problem.
Old 03-01-10, 07:29 AM   #14
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Demo does not do the game justice, the demo does not remember your control setup so you have to reconfigure sticks & pads every time you fly, full game is fine tho.

Works with 360 controller.

gameplay is campaign based in singleplayer or you can select single missions or you can setup training & fly what you like where you like against what you like.

Difficulty settings are fully scalable from arcade to full sim, easy to pickup & play.
Online is a blast & dev support is superb, be warned tho after install the updates are allready running to about 1.5gb.

Graphics & effects are simply stunning, well worth the price of admission alone.

Oh & DRM is not a problem.
+1, agreed on all points. I play it as arcade with 360 controller. reminds me of Crimson Skies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 08:37 AM   #15
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Thanks for the info but can you eloborate on the full sim part? The last WW2 sim that I played quite a bit was IL2+expansion packs (Pacific Fighters etc.) and I enjoyed the full sim realism in that one. Is WoP more "arcadey" in full sim mode or the same or even more realistic/hardcore? At the moment I'm getting used to Black Shark and I'm a big fan of hardcore realistic sims in general.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 10:28 AM   #16
Blade
It's just a ride....

Well as far as i can tell it's as full sim as you want it to be, full engine management, wing flutter, stalls, black/red outs,trims,detailed damage modelling,air turbulence from explosions & in flight near misses, & way more stuff to long to list.

Many IL2 players have been singing the games praises since trying it.
I play Black Shark too, as well as FSX, imho it compares very well.

Multiplayer is really the best fix for me in this game.
Old 03-01-10, 12:05 PM   #17
mojoman0

just played the demo a bit. Finally a replacement for Aces of the Pacific and Aces over Europe by Dynamix of yonder.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 01:44 PM   #18
Scendore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
just played the demo a bit. Finally a replacement for Aces of the Pacific and Aces over Europe by Dynamix of yonder.
If you liked those do yourself a favor and pick up IL2-1946... Patch it to 4.09m and be prepaired to go mental with all the planes and theaters. Online play is bar none the best you will find for a WWII sim.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for Olegs next sim... Storm of War.... So far early video and screenshots are looking amazing.
Scendore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 02:37 PM   #19
mojoman0

nice no more DRM. need to bust out the joystick after psu arrives and play a few matches of mp

Updates to Wings of Prey have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- Full EFIGS voiceovers
- Fixes some multiplayer bugs
- Removes DRM
Old 03-18-11, 09:20 PM   #20
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

Saw this over on the steam forums

i had one activation left so this is awesome news

I recently bought a Logitech 3D pro Xtreme and it's improved my Kills in the game 100%..

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-11, 09:24 PM   #21
mojoman0

ive got the same stick. cheap and feels good, didnt like the saiteks