Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-23-10, 06:37 AM   #1
randomas

Default G210m: Asus ulxxvt notebook support

These laptops use nvidia hybrid graphics and currently there is no way to use the discreet nvidia g210m card under linux on this hardware.

There has already been a statement saying that there will be no hybrid graphics support under linux.

What I want to know is if there is any work being done even just to get the cards working on these notebooks?
Seeing as I read that even in windows only drivers by asus are working, and that both asus and nvidia are working closely to solve this issue, I was hoping that maybe the linux drivers may be thrown into the collaboration, just to get the cards working, hybrid graphics with card hotswitching would be fantastic, but I can live without, I'd just like to be able to use the card for some 3d heavy lifting under linux.

So the question is: Is there any hope to get nvidia cards working in linux on my ul30vt notebook in the near future?

TIA
randomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 11:24 AM   #2
Tinyboss

Default Re: G210m: Asus ulxxvt notebook support

Some of us with Dell Studio XPS 1340's are in the same boat: discrete g210m, but no way to activate it, so we're stuck with the integrated GPU.
Tinyboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 07:57 AM   #3
randomas

Default Re: G210m: Asus ulxxvt notebook support

I guess the "no news is good news" paradigm doesn't apply to this ... So please let me know what's going on with this hardware.

Thanks again.
randomas is offline   Reply With Quote