Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-25-10, 06:50 PM   #1
obankobi

Default Trouble installing Nvidia graphics card on "jolicloud" linux

Hi all,

I wanted to try Jolicloud just for the heck of it, but now I want to actually use it, and can't seem to get the graphics driver to work. When I try to install it (through console after disabling the x server) it gets past the license agreement, then the error "cannot find development tool make" comes up. I attached a copy of the error log to the post. Whats up with that? Shouldn't it come with "make" if that is the installer? If not, where should I download it from, and where should I install it to? Thanks for any help
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-installer.log (2.3 KB, 97 views)
obankobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 07:18 PM   #2
logan

Default Re: Trouble installing Nvidia graphics card on "jolicloud" linux

'make' is a utility that should be provided by the distribution. If NVIDIA included everything you needed to compile the driver, it'd be 200MB. :P I don't know what jolicloud is, but there must be some way for you to install packages. Debian and RedHat/Fedora package make on it's own. If you're missing make, you're probably also missing gcc, cpp, and the kernel headers. If you can't find anyone here to help, you're probably better off going to jolicloud's forum/mailing list.
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 09:20 PM   #3
obankobi

Default Re: Trouble installing Nvidia graphics card on "jolicloud" linux

Yeah I'm asking there too, figured I should try it from both approaches. I've only used Ubuntu and Opensuse, not extensively, but enough to know how to compile and install packages This version is more of a media distro, it claims its "easy to install" which it was, but unfortunately its a pain the the neck to install things on to it
obankobi is offline   Reply With Quote