Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-30-10, 05:26 PM   #49
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Assassin's Creed II specs & price info released

It's a pointless debate really. The PC does have disadvantages, certainly, and so do consoles. Which one is "inferior" depends on your priorities.

I personally prefer the best game experience, even if that means more setting up or tweaking. Others disagree.

Saying PC games are inferior and should be cheaper though... oy, I'm sorry, but that's just dumb.

End.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 07:58 PM   #50
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
It's a pointless debate really. The PC does have disadvantages, certainly, and so do consoles. Which one is "inferior" depends on your priorities.

I personally prefer the best game experience, even if that means more setting up or tweaking. Others disagree.

Saying PC games are inferior and should be cheaper though... oy, I'm sorry, but that's just dumb.

End.
You lie, If you prefered the best game experience then why didn't you get a PS3 and Saboteur for it? It supports 16xAA which by your standards means its the superior product since the PC version cannot even force this option making it technically weaker in comparison.
Old 01-30-10, 08:02 PM   #51
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Cant wait for AC II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 02:46 AM   #52
HiCZoK4

Here is biggest and mindless wall of text I have ever posted on forum I think

I have to agree with all of You. Its riddiculous(?) why console games cost more than pc games. They are easier to make(at least 360 games) and require much less support, while developing pc game require very much effort put in optymization and after distribution support, which is constant release of patches for multiplayer games.

But they can't make pc games cost more becouse then piracy would grow even more. So it still have to be below console to bring a profit.

And as for gaming and games themself... I am pc gamer and always was. Since I was 7yo, I played duke, quake and possibly every other good game till now.. The difference between consoles and pc was more noticable in era of psx and ps2. graphics were always way superior and games were overall much less dumb on the pc. While now there are exact THE SAME GAMES(graphiclly and gameplay wise) on every platform except wii, becouse its for kiddos and partys. And offcourse its easier to take 360 or ps3 game, sit, relax and just enjoy gaming. I have to say that I would already get ps3 or 360 if it wouldnt feel so casual, dumb and mainstream. And it feels like that becouse all that talking like this one and overall Pc gamers fighting.

I would just LOVE to sit and play. And as for worse graphics? Those are roughly the same. I really can't see lack off aa while sitting far from hd tv, while I play my pc almost with my nose up to display. Also I don't mind playing with controller. gaming is way more slower with gamepad but it makes You don't feel that game is running 30fps while on my PC, I feel every drop below 60-50fps. Offcourse it doesnt apply to all games. Pc game games that I cant imagine on console and reverse.

Here is my favourite Part :
More about pc gamers. There is less and less and less of them. Most of people I know, own PC and play on it. But they even DONT KNOW WHAT ARE SPEC of their pcs. They just pick up game and play it. It is quite often I go to someone. He\she is playing for example Oblivion. On default(medium) settings 15-20 fps with stretched non aspect resolution... I say: "WTF?! Are You out of Your mind?! How can You play this?! There are jaggies every****ingwhere! let me set this for You". Then I even have to setup their bios to use their ram and cpu properlf. WTF...

In fact people are so dumb and casual that I even had to SETUP my friends 360. Plug cables and set 16:10 res becouse he did not notices how stretched everything was by default.

And ps. I had 360 for one year but it borked about 10months ago. I was enjoying it very much, leaving pc gaming far behind. If there was equal game on pc and 360 I preferred 360 version becouse of stability and relaxation feel. In fact I passed Mass Effect on Xbox 360 having soo much fun with it. It wasnt working sate of art and pc version is working twice as fast but it feels like stuttering slow when downing below 60
+ I was sooooo happy there was no graphical options which would **** in my mind like in some of pc games where I mod\try different options more than actually play game.

When it borked, I sold it. Never got it repaired becouse I was reading these forums (and other) and I started too feel casual for having 360. While moment ago I had lots of fun. Might just get it again instead of new gpu or cpu(or ps3 maybe). And graphics werent REALLY that much worse if I werent searching for jaggies and low textures, just a little bit
if they would add mouse and kb+ability to install mods then I would choose console without doubt.

nvm... Going back to Dead Space. Appearently this is far superior on pc ohhh.. And I can watch pron while I cant on noobsoles

Just too add. Don't take this too seriously. No offend to anyone etc. I will offcourse stay with my beloved pc:* and as far as I am planning I will get psp this month, So I will have my console hidden part satisfied
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 12:05 PM   #53
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
I have to agree with all of You. Its riddiculous(?) why console games cost more than pc games. They are easier to make(at least 360 games) and require much less support, while developing pc game require very much effort put in optymization and after distribution support, which is constant release of patches for multiplayer games.
not excactly true

almost every single game is created on PC, every aspect of the game, sounds, textures, levels, arts, characters etc... all made on PC. game is then "ported" to console development kit, special console that has more memory and runs unsigned code (for example black/blue RROD_Box).

game has to be tweaked to run on the console, if the game is multiplatform at the same time or slighter later same is done to the PC version, yes tweaking probably takes longer because of vast types of hardware, but...

1) with console games developers have to pay vast sums of royalties to the plaform maker just for permission to release their game on said platform. For PC you don't need to ask anyone for permission, you just release it. How high the royalties are? hard to say, but here is one example: Microïds has paid more than 15 million Euros of royalties to SONY for its entire catalog, which represents 55% of the Microïds turnover for this platform.

2) on PC platform it is different, ever wondered why you have Intel, Nvidia, or AMD/ATI logo when game starts, because those companies pay to have their logo displayed as advertisement. And in case of Nvidia TWIMTBP program, nvidia actually helps the development studio to tweak and optimize their game

so the summary is, on console you have to pay insane ammounts of money just to get permission to release the game, while on PC companies help and pay the developer to release games.
Old 01-31-10, 12:50 PM   #54
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Development is simpler on console though nekro, we have seen probably a hundred developers say so.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 01-31-10, 01:24 PM   #55
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Development is simpler on console though nekro, we have seen probably a hundred developers say so.
tweaking/optimizing is easier, but actual game content is still made on PC, after all content, assets are made, then it moves to console development kit to get optimized for console.

my point is that its not cheaper to make on console.
Old 01-31-10, 03:01 PM   #56
agentkay

A friend of mine who works in the industry said that he personally finds it easier to work on PC projects, console projects depend far more on optimizing and its a lot more critical, on PC they have lots more opportunies and options, tons more HDD and system ram and video ram, but obviously the time they save there they have to spend it on testing and making it work on different hardware configs.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-10, 08:40 PM   #57
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
tweaking/optimizing is easier, but actual game content is still made on PC, after all content, assets are made, then it moves to console development kit to get optimized for console.

my point is that its not cheaper to make on console.
It's not cheaper to make console the development basis, no. It does save money to cut the PC out altogether though, was more my point.

Of course a PC port when you are making an Xbox game must be pretty cheap, considering how many ports we get.

Old 03-01-10, 02:09 PM   #58
Destroy

Petty good price here. $37 currently with free shipping.
http://www.cdwow.us/games/assassins-...656069#bc=4af4

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 02:16 PM   #59
Vardant

Is this for real?

Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 02:17 PM   #60
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I doubt it, could be easily faked.