Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-05-10, 08:18 AM   #73
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Assassin's Creed II specs & price info released

Yeah, I can't believe they would think of charging $60 for this... I mean, why are PC games so much more expensive than console games? Sure, PC versions are better, but is that any reason to charge us $10 more? It's racism is what it is.

The cost of games should be equal on all platforms!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 03:24 PM   #74
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

you can pre-load on steam, seems to be small. about 5.8gb full pre-load
Old 03-05-10, 05:59 PM   #75
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I'm playing it (australian release) and it's alright. Control wise seems much the same but there are more things to do in the world. I've barely moved more than a few street blocks and there are loads of treasure hunts, eagle nests, doctors, trades dudes and guards. I'm only fistfighting so far so the combat is pretty basic.

DRM so far has been non-obtrusive. Has not lost connection - only lost connection when I yanked the plug. I do think the up close facial graphics and lip syncing is quite bad though, rest of the game looks good.

I'll play some more and post some screenshots up.
Old 03-05-10, 06:38 PM   #76
DennisK4

Old 03-06-10, 05:27 AM   #77
DennisK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Dennis, how do you like the mouse control? Mouse acceleration seems very off, slow at first and then suddenly crazy fast. Do you have the same issue?
I am playing with the Xbox 360 controller. The game is built for a gamepad that is obvious to me. I briefly tried keyboard and mouse but it felt janky and strange, sounds the same as your issue.
Old 03-06-10, 09:03 AM   #78
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Does the KBM control match the original? I chose to play the original with KBM despite having a Xbox controller... it played well with KBM I thought.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 03-06-10, 11:15 AM   #79
backfiggen
*synth solo*

So how's the performance?

Steam | XBL/GfWL
backfiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 12:18 PM   #80
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I also played AC1 with KB&M but the mouse is different this time. Maybe it's tweakable, I haven't messed with it.
Otherwise it's fine with KB&M after a while. But you have to learn the keys and their functions. The small QTE or the control HUD only shows a colored icon and not the configured button. So you have to figure that out at first. For example, a yellow-ish head means E, a green leg/foot means Spacebar etc...
Well the original showed the proper keys, so... yay for a worse port the second time around.

Old 03-06-10, 08:37 PM   #81
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well the original showed the proper keys, so... yay for a worse port the second time around.
Yes, as a port it is worse than the first game. Ironic. Performance is all over the place, although it runs some times better than the first game. You'd expect it though to run much faster as the graphics are almost the same. Runs at 40-70fps with some drops to 30 when there are a lot of NPC's (1600x1200 + 8xFSAA + 16xAF + Max Details). And holy sh!t, what the f*ck happened to the mouse control? It feels awful, compared to the first game that was implemented great!

Regarding the DRM, i haven't experienced any issues. In fact, i tested it when i was uploading at max speed. Even though surfing is pretty slow when i'm uploading at full speed, i didn't experience any disconnect issue with AC2. Everything was running fine.
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 10:10 PM   #82
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

since the game is released in EU, maybe it is time to start official release thread?
Old 03-07-10, 02:35 AM   #83
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Regarding the DRM, i haven't experienced any issues. In fact, i tested it when i was uploading at max speed. Even though surfing is pretty slow when i'm uploading at full speed, i didn't experience any disconnect issue with AC2. Everything was running fine.
Yes a friend of mine did some bandwidth tests yesterday. Ubisoft DRM in AC2 uses less bandwidth in 10 minutes playtime than Skype or Pidgin connected to 3 IM-networks over the same time period. So basically even dialup should handle this one as long as its stable enough and doesn't disconnect all the time.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 01:12 PM   #84
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Assassin Creed II: Predefined Profile

AA:EnhanceOnly
SLI: AFR-4W [0x02400005] (predefined)

btw, as long as you don't have G92 card with non-reference cooler, drivers are fine