Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-21-10, 05:47 PM   #73
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Ubisoft to Require Constant Internet for Gameplay

I think they should have done this a long time ago.

You babies that don't like it need to either stop stealing your internet from your neighbor or stop stealing games in general.

One other thing I'll point out. I dont see many people complaining that in WoW you have to stay connected 100% of the time.

This is a good move. All companies should do the same.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 05:55 PM   #74
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
I think they should have done this a long time ago.

You babies that don't like it need to either stop stealing your internet from your neighbor or stop stealing games in general.

One other thing I'll point out. I dont see many people complaining that in WoW you have to stay connected 100% of the time.

This is a good move. All companies should do the same.
They should make less ****ty games, or makes the ****ty games cheaper. $60 is insane for a game.

WOW is an online game.. good comparison bro.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 05:57 PM   #75
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Another thing I'll point out.

People think that all this protection is pointless when pirates eventualy crack a game. This is retarded.

If a game goes 24 hours without being cracked, I'd say the copy protection was a SUCCESS! If a game goes an entire week before being cracked, that is almost godsend good.

The point of copy protection isn't to prevent pirates, only to SLOW THEM DOWN. Bioshock is a perfect example. People cried all day long because of its protection, but the thing with Bioshock is it sold like hotcakes. I know pirates personally who wanted to play Bioshock and bought the game because they didn't feel like waiting on a crack after waiting a couple days.

ALL GAMES WILL BE CRACKED. I don't know why this is news to anyone. Or how people claim pirates achieved some kind of "victory" because they cracked a game. Unless the pirates crack the game within 24 hours of release, I'd say the protection did its job.

Now for all you pirates out there. Get off your ass and get a ****ing job.
Old 04-21-10, 06:00 PM   #76
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
They should make less ****ty games, or makes the ****ty games cheaper. $60 is insane for a game.

****ty games will never be bought. $60 isnt insane for a GOOD game. It is for a crappy game. Game companies need to have their games PROFESSIONALLY reviewed before they put a price tag. If the game scores a 9/10+ score, then I'd say its worth $60. If it gets an 8/10, its worth $50. If it gets a 7/10, its worth $35. If its 5/10, its worth $20-25. These prices are ON RELEASE DATE.

Right now, all games being $60, yea thats stupid. A crappy game like Aliens Vs. Predators that isn't in depth at all should have released at around $35 , with sales being around $20 or less within a month.

Instead, all Aliens Vs. Predator got was people who said "i'm not paying $50", so they pirated it.
Old 04-21-10, 06:06 PM   #77
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Why does WoW being an online game matter? Seriously, when was the last time you played a game offline? Half Life 2, Bioshock, Age Of Mythology, Zombie Driver, Call of Duty 4, and Saints Row are ALL single player games right? I beat every single one of those games within the past year. Guess what, i was online 100% of the time I played these single player games.

The comparison is valid. This isn't the 1990's anymore. People stay online. And that extremely small percentage of people that don't stay online, honestly that's just tough. Move to civilization instead of living in the sticks. Or better yet, get a job so you can afford cable/dsl internet. Its not rocket science.

Every household that can afford to play PC games should be online 100% of the day(save for outages, which again, tough).
Old 04-21-10, 06:06 PM   #78
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Right now, all games being $60, yea thats stupid. A crappy game like Aliens Vs. Predators that isn't in depth at all should have released at around $35 , with sales being around $20 or less within a month.

Instead, all Aliens Vs. Predator got was people who said "i'm not paying $50", so they pirated it.
Glad you agree with me. So their copy protection is not needed. What is needed is to make better games.
Old 04-21-10, 06:15 PM   #79
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Glad you agree with me. So their copy protection is not needed. What is needed is to make better games.
No. Copy protection IS needed.

Copy protection is JUST as important as having the right price. You need both. If you lack one, your game is going to get pirated out the ass.
Old 04-21-10, 06:24 PM   #80
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
No copy protection is needed.

But copy protection is JUST as important as having the right price. You need both. If you lack one, your game is going to get pirated out the ass.
It is not needed. It gets cracked same day anyways. Most of the times it even causes problems for the people who buy it.

Old 04-21-10, 06:29 PM   #81
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Funny. Steam does nothing to stop pirate either. No more or less successful anyway.
I bet game sales have gone up since steam has grown in popularity. There are games I would never buy retail that I have purchased on steam, for one reason or another. Some games I just buy to support the devs, but never play it. I know some hardcore pirates, I mean, they have dozens of games - and maybe purchase 1 game a year at best. Since steam, that has changed a bit, they have lists of games comparable to many here.

Steam hasn't destroyed piracy at all. But, it has certainly changed tune a bit. With the specials and deals, and how well everything works; its a win for everyone.

Steam is a hassle free solution for me. I beats going to the store, buying it, paying a visit to gamecopyworld, installing, cracking, and playing. I have a 130GB backup rar of all my steam games. So whenever I format, all I gotta do is copy it over before bed. When I wake up, 50+ games installed and ready to go

Then theres that huge stack of retail games collecting dust in the corner of my bedroom that have to be installed individually. I have to dedicate 2-3 days to get 'em all installed, patched up, saves restored, cracked, and configured. It's a royal pain. When its all said and done, its only a matter of clicking the icon, no disc swapping, no bull****. The DRM doesn't show itself and it's all good. All I gotta do is click the icon and its running. This goes for steam and non-steam games. I prefer to keep it that way.

I even have some games that I bought retail, that I bought again on steam. Why? I hate dealing with discs, installations, etc.

In some ways, its easier to pirate game than to buy it at the store. Steam has helped change that a bit. Even if its a small change, its still a very good one.

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 06:41 PM   #82
Roadhog
Resident Alien

steam is amazing.
Old 04-21-10, 06:54 PM   #83
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

I've probably rebought 15+ games on Steam that I already owned previously... only because Steam offered the games at good prices and I'd rather have the Steam version than anything.
Old 04-21-10, 08:59 PM   #84
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

Quote:
I've probably rebought 15+ games on Steam that I already owned previously... only because Steam offered the games at good prices and I'd rather have the Steam version than anything.
There are obvious benefits of having the steam version of any game. Game overlay, community functions, no reinstallation process, no discs, etc. Price is also a big one. Normally, I would never re-buy a game.

And like I said, the fact that some of my hardcore pirate friends are actually buying games on steam says alot. And I'm sure there are others out there doing the same. The more that trend grows, the better for everyone.

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote