Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-22-10, 05:07 AM   #85
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Ubisoft to Require Constant Internet for Gameplay

Steam makes your "purchased" games a checkmark on an account, same as Ubisoft. I don't care about the online requirement, I'm online all the time anyway, my problem with Ubi's system is the same as my problem with Steam, I want to OWN my games. Not the info, not the imagery, just own a copy, same as if you bought a book more movie.

The end.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 07:16 AM   #86
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Steam makes your "purchased" games a checkmark on an account, same as Ubisoft. I don't care about the online requirement, I'm online all the time anyway, my problem with Ubi's system is the same as my problem with Steam, I want to OWN my games. Not the info, not the imagery, just own a copy, same as if you bought a book more movie.

The end.
Why do you think the Kindle is doing so well? Welcome to the new ages. People don't like keeping TRASH(which is what game boxes / books are) around their house. If they can make it easily accessible, then they'll do it.

Honestly. If I could stream movies at the quality of BluRay, I would be MUCH more apt to buy the streamed version.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 02:44 PM   #87
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
Why do you think the Kindle is doing so well? Welcome to the new ages. People don't like keeping TRASH(which is what game boxes / books are) around their house. If they can make it easily accessible, then they'll do it.

Honestly. If I could stream movies at the quality of BluRay, I would be MUCH more apt to buy the streamed version.
streaming blu-ray quality is just not possible with current broadband

Quote:

The end.
you never "own" those either.
Old 04-22-10, 02:47 PM   #88
ViN86

Quote:

The end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
I was about to say that. Purchasing a game merely gives you the rights to use it. You still don't own the content. It's not yours to do whatever you want with it.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 03:24 PM   #89
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Shhhh... let Narc live in his fantasy world.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 03:30 PM   #90
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I was about to say that. Purchasing a game merely gives you the rights to use it. You still don't own the content. It's not yours to do whatever you want with it.
God, why do I have to explain this every time.

The EULAs can say what they want, but if I buy a physical version then I own the damn game. What can they do? Break into my house and take it back? Then I could charge them with theft.

This is why they push the digital account purchases, because they know whatever they write in EULAs is not law, and that physical media means ownership. It doesn't mean I can do whatever I want with it, I cannot copy it and distribute, that is copyright infringement, but I can keep it, play it when and how I want.

Why are you guys so willing to give up your consumer rights for some minor convenience? One day you will regret it, I bet.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 04-22-10, 03:31 PM   #91
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
streaming blu-ray quality is just not possible with current broadband

So you're saying that if I own a book, I can't loan it to a friend? I can't sell it to my neighbor? I can't highlight parts I like? I can't tear out the chapter I like and throw away the rest?

It all makes sense now.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 03:33 PM   #92
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
So you're saying that if I own a book, I can't loan it to a friend? I can't sell it to my neighbor? I can't highlight parts I like? I can't tear out the chapter I like and throw away the rest?

It all makes sense now.
Exactly.

Old 04-23-10, 02:24 AM   #93
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Is there a way to add the boxed gta4 to steam?