Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-28-10, 01:53 AM   #157
Bah!

Default Re: ***Official Mass Effect 2 (PC) Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
The only let down graphically is the clothing/armour textures and general body skins in general. The faces are highly detailed, then the body is just bleh... just look at the N7 text on shephards armour to see what I'm talking about. Or Jack, her tats are all low res except for the ones that continue on her neck, since that's part of her face texture they're much higher res. The annoying thing is I think they probably have the high res textures and could've released them... if this were PC exclusive, I bet they would have. It's not all that bad most of the time and I've seen a lot worse. It's just disappointing and a bit of a graphical distraction.
I haven't gotten Jack yet, as i've just scratched the surface of the game, but the N7 logo on Shepard's armor is nice and sharp in my game, as well as all the armor textures. You sure the textures are loading properly?

This is a shot from the ME2 site, but it shows high quality armor textures, and that's what they look like in game for me.

http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u...shot-090-p.jpg
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 03:02 AM   #158
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

Definitely going to take some getting used to, but i love it

Ive barely done anything and im already 3 hrs in. Just running around the "new" citadel and exploring stores and whatnot. Gonna get some sidequests in and get some credits and new gear befoer i take on the big stuff
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 03:21 AM   #159
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Old 01-28-10, 03:42 AM   #160
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Had to call it a night. Seems like I have finished all of the quests and just need to jump through the Omega 4 relay now... probably finish it when I wake up tomorrow unless there is something else to be done :\. Probably will restart as... something else. Not sure what yet.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 05:44 AM   #161
Vardant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
If ammo is your problem, then you arn't utilising your tech attacks nearly enough. They have unlimited ammo, use them on all cooldowns. It also means you won't get anywhere if you slowly purchase ranks in all your techs at once. You need to focus on 1 main and 1 sister ranks (purchase a 3rd rank 1 attack for utility if you want).
Try playing on hardcore/veteran. Everyone has shield or armor or both. All powers have one cooldown and you can't tell your squad not to use ammo powers
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 05:52 AM   #162
weevil

The aussie chick while whiney at times is still refreshing for me as I can't really think of a game with an aussie in it let alone one who plays a hot chick

Australia. Where men are men. And so are the women.
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 06:01 AM   #163
Chrisimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Try playing on hardcore/veteran. Everyone has shield or armor or both. All powers have one cooldown and you can't tell your squad not to use ammo powers
Huh? I thought there is a gameplay-option to turn squad power-usage off..

EDIT: ah, ok, you're talking about ammo powers...but that's not a problem since the ammo powers like incendiary or cryo aren't weaker compared to standard ammo
Chrisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 06:18 AM   #164
Vardant

Except they override each other.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-10, 06:38 AM   #165
Bah!

The maker of Nhancer put out a profile for ME2 for AA and SLI and it's given me a pretty decent performance increase.

http://forum.nhancer.com/showthread.php?p=6064#post6064

This game is flat out beautiful at max settings with SSAA, I'm loving it!
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 07:24 AM   #166
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weevil View Post
The aussie chick while whiney at times is still refreshing for me as I can't really think of a game with an aussie in it let alone one who plays a hot chick
hello uncharted 2?
Old 01-28-10, 07:59 AM   #167
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Occasionally what looks like texture corruption on faces and every ones eyelashes (that can have them) randomly disappear, strange bug, but restarting the game clears it up. Otherwise has been very stable, with only one CTD so far.
Old 01-28-10, 08:41 AM   #168
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellbot5000 View Post
For those that have AA working on their ATI cards, how did you get by the EA validation check when renaming the EXE file? Every time I've tried renamed MassEffect2.exe to either Bioshock.exe or UT3.exe, the EA validation program recognizes the name has been altered and just says the game can't be started because of an error. Do I have to use a no-cd (which would be weird because I'm using the digital Direct2Drive version) file until ATI officially adds an ME2 profile to their drivers? This is running on a 5870 too, if that makes any difference.

Sorry if this has been already answered in the thread previously, but I'm reading this at work on an ancient PC that is slow as hell and can't even interpret most modern HTML/CSS.
The game only has a disc check with retail but Direct2Drive has additional DRM, just as the Steam version does. That might be messing you up.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote