Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-28-10, 10:12 AM   #169
nomec

Default Re: ***Official Mass Effect 2 (PC) Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
The maker of Nhancer put out a profile for ME2 for AA and SLI and it's given me a pretty decent performance increase.

http://forum.nhancer.com/showthread.php?p=6064#post6064

This game is flat out beautiful at max settings with SSAA, I'm loving it!
Awesome, I will try this out when I get home so hopefully it will fix my issues. Game is playable for me with that weird AA compatibility mode but I would like to get the 60 fps lock in all areas like I should be getting with my setup.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 10:21 AM   #170
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post
Awesome, I will try this out when I get home so hopefully it will fix my issues. Game is playable for me with that weird AA compatibility mode but I would like to get the 60 fps lock in all areas like I should be getting with my setup.
If it doesn't help try supersampling with the mode you are using now, it works great for me and sometimes supersampling is actually easier on a game than high levels of AA.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 10:42 AM   #171
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
If it doesn't help try supersampling with the mode you are using now, it works great for me and sometimes supersampling is actually easier on a game than high levels of AA.
Yeah, i mean I tried so much as to just add the ME2 .exe to the ME1 profile in nHancer, which allows AA to work, but I still get the framerate issues in certain areas like I mentioned (the engineering dock being the main one). It must be because of SLI.

Hopefully this guy's SLI profile will work. If not, I'll use the settings that work best for me and try your suggestion of supersampling instead of multisampling.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 11:33 AM   #172
trivium nate

JUST BOUGHT THIS!
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 12:28 PM   #173
odin20

Does anyone know how to get the steam version working with AA on nvidia cards?
I have a 295 and nhancer, ive tried the profile grestorm made who makes nhancer and it doesnt work with the steam version.
Is there anyone out there that can confirm the proper way to get aa and sli working with the steam version?
In the steam version you cant change any exe.s or anything else.
Ive tried all the stuff posted all over the web, even tried modifying the nvapps.xml myself but i have had no luck at all, very frustrated...
I understand certain textures and other things do not recieve any aa but i dont seem to be getting any at all.
A steam user would really help in confirming im doing it right.
Ohh one more thing i did already change the exe in nhancer to MassEffect2.exe and i have tried all the different aa compatibility modes...
Someone help me
1k Corsair ps
Gs 1000 case
Extreme 120 push/pull config.
2x MSI 480gtx sli- 815-1630-2000 oc on both.
odin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 12:32 PM   #174
enoteware
Just Basically Awesome

I've been playing this on my 360 (my pc is pathetic at this point). I am amazed at the quality of everything; the ambient sounds, voice acting, lighting, story options. I've been playing it on my 50inch Panasonic G10 Plasma with Logitech z5500s, with all the lights off. I really feel like I am in the Mass Effect world, and am really sad when I have to go to bed so I am not dead the next morning.

I beat the first Mass Effect but sadly blazed through it and skipped most side quests, mainly because I wanted to beat it before ME 2 came out.
enoteware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 01:16 PM   #175
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Just beat the game. Definitely an awesome experience and the ending was good, too. Now I just have to wait forever for ME3 :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 01:19 PM   #176
odin20

anyone with steam version able to help me get aa working?
1k Corsair ps
Gs 1000 case
Extreme 120 push/pull config.
2x MSI 480gtx sli- 815-1630-2000 oc on both.
odin20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-10, 01:24 PM   #177
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I reckon I am about half-way through right now. I am exploring everything, mining for materials, upgrading tech and all that jazz, plus making sure all my peeps are happy

It's been fun so far. I am a little annoyed about the lack of vehiclular play and also some of the bugs (i.e. if you say NO to fast-travel after helping Mordin with his "request" for assistance, you get stuck in the room and can't go anywhere and have to exit and return to game and have it reload at beginning of scene).
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 01:39 PM   #178
HiCZoK4

There is no Mako driving? I loved Landing on planets and driving around in first one
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 01:57 PM   #179
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
There is no Mako driving? I loved Landing on planets and driving around in first one
I may just not have gotten to the part, but I haven't driven anything so far.

The game is definitely richer in many ways, but there are some things I do miss

Btw, I saved Wrex in the first game and for some reason my save-game doesn't have that ported over. When I went and had a chat for the Grunt portion, I am accused of having killed Wrex
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 01:57 PM   #180
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin20 View Post
Does anyone know how to get the steam version working with AA on nvidia cards?
I have a 295 and nhancer, ive tried the profile grestorm made who makes nhancer and it doesnt work with the steam version.
Is there anyone out there that can confirm the proper way to get aa and sli working with the steam version?
In the steam version you cant change any exe.s or anything else.
Ive tried all the stuff posted all over the web, even tried modifying the nvapps.xml myself but i have had no luck at all, very frustrated...
I understand certain textures and other things do not recieve any aa but i dont seem to be getting any at all.
A steam user would really help in confirming im doing it right.
Ohh one more thing i did already change the exe in nhancer to MassEffect2.exe and i have tried all the different aa compatibility modes...
Someone help me
I don't change the exe name and still get AA through nHancer using the UE3 profile nomec mentioned. I guess it's possible Steam blocks that somehow, but I doubt it.

It's likely you are just seeing all the shimmering and such that standard AA does not help with in this game. A great thing to look at is Miranda's clothes, with no AA they will be jaggy, like around her collar, and with AA on they will have straight lines. Try supersampling AA in nHancer if you find the standard AA is not good enough for you, it should get rid of all the texture shimmering and on my rig is not a horrible performance killer either.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote