Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-29-10, 04:20 AM   #205
Bah!

Default Re: ***Official Mass Effect 2 (PC) Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post
Yeah, supersampling didn't help. I don't get how dual GTX 275's get 20 fps in the engineering room on the Normandy. What the hell would explain this? I get 60 fps EVERYWHERE ELSE except a few other places. Something is wrong here.
I was wondering if mine did the same thing so i ran back to engineering and sure enough my fps dropped down into the low to mid 20's there using the ME2 Nhancer profile i linked a couple pages back. I played around with it a bit and keeping that profile exactly the same but changing the AA compatibility to 08020205: Unreal Engine 3 fixed the problem and I get 60 fps there as well now with my 295.

Might want to give it a shot.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 06:15 AM   #206
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

With a single 275 I have normal framerates in the engine room with 2x2 SSAA on. You guys must be having an SLI issue.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 07:33 AM   #207
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
I was wondering if mine did the same thing so i ran back to engineering and sure enough my fps dropped down into the low to mid 20's there using the ME2 Nhancer profile i linked a couple pages back. I played around with it a bit and keeping that profile exactly the same but changing the AA compatibility to 08020205: Unreal Engine 3 fixed the problem and I get 60 fps there as well now with my 295.

Might want to give it a shot.
Yeah, that is the compatibility mode I have been using that gives me the best results. I still get like 45-55 fps in the engineering room when it should be 60, but it's playable and it's not like I will be there all that often anyways. Dual GTX 275's should be pretty much the exact same as a 295. It's 100% an SLI issue like NarcissistZero mentioned above, but I am not sure it effects everyone. I actually posted my issue on the nHancer forum and the creator of nHancer responded to me and said he didn't have the same issues on his SLI rig. Kind of weird but hopefully a future patch or driver update will fix the issue.

I also tried with 2x2 SSAA on and of course I get 60+ fps everywhere but that specific place and although I couldn't test it I assume I would get the issue in those areas of the first mission I encountered slowdownss (like in the dialogue between Shepard and the *first people you meet* there).

edit: I just checked my post on guru3d and it looks like 2 guys with SLI are experiencing the issue. One guy with SLI 8800 GTX's and one with SLI 8800GTS's.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 08:11 AM   #208
K007

what is it with these games and unskippable intros. even bfbc2 has a stupid delay.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 08:27 AM   #209
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Both ME2 and DA have a screenshots folder (DA takes SS's periodically) but what is the key to take screenshots? (without fraps)
Not sure but I'd try PrnScn button.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 11:42 AM   #210
Kaguya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
With a single 275 I have normal framerates in the engine room with 2x2 SSAA on. You guys must be having an SLI issue.
Are you running with HDR on or off? I tried all the UE compatibilities and didn't get much success with MSAA (appearance-wise). The FPS did drop significantly though from a solid 60 to around 20 near the engine-room of the Normandy; and due to the lack of improved visual quality I axed it.

Then I saw a thread which suggested using the AA + HDR compatibility and that actually improved the visuals. I tried it at 4xAA 8xAF for a while and it's playable, but it's irritating in that it'll be 60fps solid one second, then turn to view something and it drops to 30, then back to 60 when you look somewhere else. If I could get it constant I'd leave it, but right now I'm thinking against bothering.

I may try again with SSAA though instead of MSAA, maybe that's the issue?
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 x2 SLI
OCZ Vertex 2 EX & Corsair P256
LG GH22NS50 22X DVD-RW SATA
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w SLI PSU
Acer HN274H 1920x1080 3D Ready LCD
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer Case
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 11:51 AM   #211
HiCZoK4

turn of vsync.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 12:00 PM   #212
Kaguya

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
turn of vsync.
No.

Old 01-29-10, 12:50 PM   #213
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
Are you running with HDR on or off? I tried all the UE compatibilities and didn't get much success with MSAA (appearance-wise). The FPS did drop significantly though from a solid 60 to around 20 near the engine-room of the Normandy; and due to the lack of improved visual quality I axed it.

Then I saw a thread which suggested using the AA + HDR compatibility and that actually improved the visuals. I tried it at 4xAA 8xAF for a while and it's playable, but it's irritating in that it'll be 60fps solid one second, then turn to view something and it drops to 30, then back to 60 when you look somewhere else. If I could get it constant I'd leave it, but right now I'm thinking against bothering.

I may try again with SSAA though instead of MSAA, maybe that's the issue?
Trust me, I've tried that too, and it has the same results. He isn't seeing the issue because he isn't using SLI. It's 100% an SLI + AA issue.
Old 01-29-10, 12:58 PM   #214
Kaguya

Quote:
Trust me, I've tried that too, and it has the same results. He isn't seeing the issue because he isn't using SLI. It's 100% an SLI + AA issue.
That's crazy. Have you tested with SLI off? I noticed there's a new profile from nVidia available, but I haven't looked to see if it does anything different from the last (other than fixes the .exe).
Old 01-29-10, 01:29 PM   #215
nomec

Post Re: ***Official Mass Effect 2 (PC) Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
That's crazy. Have you tested with SLI off? I noticed there's a new profile from nVidia available, but I haven't looked to see if it does anything different from the last (other than fixes the .exe).
Yep, I've turned off SLI and kept AA on, no issue. I've also kept SLI on and turned off AA, no issue. It's only when SLI and AA are on at the same time. Changing the SLI mode to Single and leaving AA on worked, but that's not true SLI anyways. The new nvidia drivers didn't do anything either other than point the profile to the correct .exe like you said. So basically I have pinpointed the problem. I guess we should try to notify Bioware? I don't know if they even know about it because I haven't seen any official posts on it.
Old 01-29-10, 01:40 PM   #216
Kaguya

Quote:
Yep, I've turned off SLI and kept AA on, no issue. I've also kept SLI on and turned off AA, no issue. It's only when SLI and AA are on at the same time. Changing the SLI mode to Single and leaving AA on worked, but that's not true SLI anyways. The new nvidia drivers didn't do anything either other than point the profile to the correct .exe like you said. So basically I have pinpointed the problem. I guess we should try to notify Bioware? I don't know if they even know about it because I haven't seen any official posts on it.
What performance do you get with SLI set to single?

I'm always confused, but is SLI-AA an option if you're using single? If single performance is good, maybe using SLI-AA would be an option to use both cards in some fashion?