Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-11-10, 11:57 PM   #109
JasonPC

Default Re: ***Official BioShock 2 (PC) Feedback Thread***

I didn't think the original was exactly short. Shorter than Half-Life 2 but longer than some games. It was about average for a fps I thought. It seems like newer fps games are getting shorter and shorter though. This one I can say is definitely short though.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 11:58 PM   #110
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
I didn't think the original was exactly short. It was about average for a fps I thought. It seems like newer fps games are getting shorter and shorter though. This one I can say is definitely short though.
how many levels?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 12:05 AM   #111
JasonPC

I forget exactly but the map in the train station is basically a map of all the levels in the game and there's not too many.
Old 02-12-10, 12:07 AM   #112
bob saget

Quote:
I forget exactly but the map in the train station is basically a map of all the levels in the game and there's not too many.
are you serious? there were like 7 stops I tried to ignore it, thinking that there were extra parts. BTW that whole train thing is ripped straight from dead space.
Old 02-12-10, 12:25 AM   #113
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
I didn't think the original was exactly short. Shorter than Half-Life 2 but longer than some games. It was about average for a fps I thought. It seems like newer fps games are getting shorter and shorter though. This one I can say is definitely short though.
I remember the original being like 12 hours, right? Pretty sure. I have no idea of the time in this one, I'm not playing it through Steam.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 12:26 AM   #114
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Savor the game while it lasts. It's a short one Even shorter than the first.
Short?

It took me about 9 hours to finish the whole game and I took my time exploring and maxing out my plasmids and so forth. First run, I already had half the achievements and I wasn't even fishing for them.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 12:40 AM   #115
JasonPC

9 hours is short to me but ok 12 hours is about the average to me. The pro is that at least Bioshock 2 has multiplay and it seems pretty solid even though it lacks dedicated servers. I will likely play the game a second time and play it differently from the first play through.
Old 02-12-10, 02:38 AM   #116
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I would say the average for an fps is 8 hours, so 9 is about right. It usually takes me longer than most people, so probably 10-12 hours for me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-10, 03:04 AM   #117
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I'm really enjoying the game so far, just finished off my first big sister myself, which was quite tough. I love some of the things the splicers say, I left two alone and they got angry and started fighting each other lol "get me a hot toddy" lol

Sofia Lamb's voice is outstanding imo. I've listened to my fair share of talented voice actors (Rev ray for example) but her voice is so crisp, clear and evokes great emotion.

Anybody help with turning off or increasing the time it takes to display the text when you hover over signs or notes left on walls? Initially I thought it was quite handy but it just gets in the way now and is getting annoying. I think maybe 3-5 second delay would work really well.
Old 02-12-10, 03:36 AM   #118
bob saget

the first big sister was actually much easier than the big daddy with the missile launcher. with the sister, just keep your telekinesis out for the whole fight, and you can shoot her own crap back at her.
its ridiculous how fast i go through stuff (ammo/med kits), but it doesn't even matter cause so much stuff is just laying around. they either should have made stuff more economical, or let you carry more. the constant buying and selling gets annoying. i go through easily upwards of 300 every 2 daddy fights, maybe more, and i have yet to be inna "bad situation". playing on medium difficulty. i think the voices are much better than the first one, the level design is lacking though. and yea, what the characters say is awesome. "Don't make me carry you, Mr. B"
Old 02-12-10, 05:11 AM   #119
Revs

Finished the first level last night. Pretty good, but this engine is looking old now. That dude should bring out a Cinematic Mod . If the game is only 9 hours it's a bit on the short side. I recon 12-15 hours is about right for a good FPS. CoD MW got away with it with non-stop action, but games like Bioshock should be 10 minimum IMO.

One thing I will say though is the sound is superb. Playing in 7.1 last night and felt very immersed.

Bob, that profile is for SLI so I'm not sure it'd work for you. You should get nHancer though, it's dead good
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 05:31 AM   #120
wysiwyg

there is something missing that made the original so compelling and unique
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote