Old 02-13-10, 03:34 PM   #157
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: ***Official BioShock 2 (PC) Feedback Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Btw, have you finished it yet? More homages as you do
No, I'm at Dionysus Park. Freaking teleport splicers are back, BLAH.

It's hard alternating between this, Mass Effect 2 and Star Trek Online. Got to beat at least one of those before AvP on Tuesday!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 05:35 PM   #158
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

just got there now. man the big sister that i fought before getting there barely hurt me. i fought her under the camera in the main area, and i had one mini turret out.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 08:32 PM   #159
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
just got there now. man the big sister that i fought before getting there barely hurt me. i fought her under the camera in the main area, and i had one mini turret out.
Both for you and Narc, use freeze
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 08:34 PM   #160
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
i did. freeze + anti-armor bullets + telekinesis.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 08:46 PM   #161
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
I've been using fire a lot but I think it might be time to buy freeze then, the big sisters are pretty tough for me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 02-13-10, 08:50 PM   #162
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Yah, I was just using freeze/melee + smash + drill

They are tough, but freeze is pretty awesome
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 09:28 PM   #163
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Fountain of Youth Tonic + Insect Swarm 3 = win. I decided to reveal the most gamebreaking combo to everybody.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 09:31 PM   #164
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

There are some very nice homages to the original, and lots of audio recordings that really would have been recorded at the same time as the events of BioShock 1 were happening. Few recordings from Fontaine, Andrew Ryan.

I think gathering adam works pretty well. Gives you a chance to basically get ready for an attack. Most of the areas are open so you can't really just put traps everywhere. Houdini splicers are nice to have under your control, so are big daddies.

I love charging with the drill, very satisfying. I tend to stick with the rivet gun, machine gun the most though. But most of the weapons are alright - placing mini turrets is a pain though.

I just wish the security bots wouldn't block you, gets very very annoying at times in small rooms when I have a few bots under my control. They have a few good setup scenes though, most have been done pretty well.

I think they've done a pretty good job with the characters too. I'd say they've done a great job with the sequel, 9 hours in and close to the end I think but enjoyed just about ever minute, lot of laughs and love what the splicers say. Could be more scary though.

Old 02-13-10, 09:33 PM   #165
AngelGraves13

telekinesis 3...pick up enemies and throw them around = win!

research everything to the max so they become easier to take out and you get cool tonics and more adam.

Houdini splicers research gives you natural camouflage just like in bioshock. You turn invisible when you stand still.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 11:58 PM   #166
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Just finished it myself, overall very happy with it. Nice end movie and relatively good end sequence.

I got the good ending, rise to the surface, how do you get the abandoned endings? Abandon who and when? Glad they didn't have a silly end boss like Fontaine in the first game. Rather just a whole lot of splicers, big daddies and brutes. Calling in the big sister was neat "bring your daughter to work day" made me laugh

Being a little sister was an interesting touch near the end. Although the last hour or two felt fairly rushed and didn't have any little sisters etc.

Time to check out the multiplayer I guess.
Old 02-14-10, 12:44 AM   #167
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Beat it tonight. meh.... no big bad final boss or anything. I'm kinda disappointed. It was a very anti-climactic ending but tied up the loose ends of the story pretty well.

apparently there are 6 different endings. The game gives you quite a few decisions you can make through the journey so I guess depending on what you do in said situations affects the ending.

It was an ok game I guess.. wasn't as good as the first one and the game is extremely dated looking. low resolution textures and models were a buzz kill this go round but the game play was just as solid as before and the art direction, sounds, voice acting and music were all spectacular just like the last game.

I'd give it a 7/10 at best.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 01:30 AM   #168
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Beat it tonight. meh.... no big bad final boss or anything. I'm kinda disappointed. It was a very anti-climactic ending but tied up the loose ends of the story pretty well.
The original game's end boss was supposedly the worst part of the game, everyone complained about it.