Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-16-10, 11:32 AM   #37
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: Is it possible to connect ps3 to pc display?

I have a friend with a ps3 who has had 2 go out on him in the past year, while my 360 has been just fine since I got it. So ymmv.... the ps3 is probably still a more reliable machine and it's a more complete system. I hear rumors that PSN won't be free much longer... but it was just a rumor.

I still personally believe that if you are buying a console just for gaming purposes go with a 360, if you want a gaming/media console get a PS3.

If you already had a 360.... give the PS3 a shot. You may like it. My other good buddy with a PS3 (original model, hasn't failed) loads games sooooo slowly. My xbox would load gta4 at least 2x faster. I hear the slim model is faster though.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 12:19 PM   #38
HiCZoK4

Its first time I hear anyone complain about ps3 load times. Anyone more?
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 12:52 PM   #39
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Its first time I hear anyone complain about ps3 load times. Anyone more?
The PS3 does load slower then the X360 due to it being a slower Blu-ray drive but by 2x claim is bull****. Only a really bad port is maybe 1.5 times longer.
Old 02-16-10, 01:04 PM   #40
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme View Post
The 360 has a dedicated hardware scaler, works both ways. Sony implemented something less elegant in the PS3.
Yeah, PS3 scales DVDs much better though and that's more important for me at least as I have a HDTV, still a hardware scaler can solve audio sync issues on entry level equipment.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 09:53 PM   #41
Lyme

The difference in load times isn't significant, it is just slightly longer for ps3 games. The difference in load time for HD movies on the ps3 is only slightly longer than that, but still no big deal.

The only big difference I've noticed in game play between the two systems is mostly philosophical on the part of MS and Sony. Most 360 skus come with a microphone bundled, I don't think any do for the ps3 (except some bundles). Makes quite a difference when you want to play as a team with buddies (like I do). Although you can pickup cheap wireless blue tooth mics for the ps3 for $30.

Otherwise people should remember that when buying a system (any system: wii, ps3, 360), the cost that you are going to end up paying isn't that of just the console. Your going to want to buy the game you wanted the system for (which usually isn't packed in), probably a second (or more) controller(s), cords, etc. Think I ended up spending $700-$800 for my ps3 (taxes included), and I got the $299+tax slim.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 10:07 PM   #42
|MaguS|

Quote:
The only big difference I've noticed in game play between the two systems is mostly philosophical on the part of MS and Sony. Most 360 skus come with a microphone bundled, I don't think any do for the ps3 (except some bundles). Makes quite a difference when you want to play as a team with buddies (like I do). Although you can pickup cheap wireless blue tooth mics for the ps3 for $30.
You also proved a great point about how much **** it is to own an X360, everything you want for the system must be provided to you by MS or fear that it will be banned in the future because MS wants to make more profit. Acc gouging at its finest, almost as bad as Nintendo.
Old 02-16-10, 10:11 PM   #43
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
You also proved a great point about how much **** it is to own an X360, everything you want for the system must be provided to you by MS or fear that it will be banned in the future because MS wants to make more profit. Acc gouging at its finest, almost as bad as Nintendo.
*shrug* MS charges you to death, Sony drms you to death. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Old 02-16-10, 10:20 PM   #44
|MaguS|

Quote:
*shrug* MS charges you to death, Sony drms you to death. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Sony has far less DRM in the PS3 then MS does in the X360... I can't log into my XBLive account on your system and download my purchased games, I can on a PS3.

Old 02-17-10, 12:54 AM   #45
Lyme

Since when? I can do that. I've done that many times. The games just revert to demo's when I log out.
Old 02-17-10, 11:08 AM   #46
|MaguS|

Quote:
Since when? I can do that. I've done that many times. The games just revert to demo's when I log out.
Well I can't download my purchased Arcade games on my new system that I just got, maybe its because I haven't been on live for over 2 years?
Old 02-17-10, 03:00 PM   #47
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
wooow thats sad... Newest 360 are with Jasper yes? How to recognize it before buying?
Jasper runs on less power. The 12V line takes 12.1A on Jasper and 14.2A on Falcon.

You can find out this info. on the back of the unit. My 360 is a Jasper. It runs very cool. It's still noisy if you don't install the games to the hard drive, but besides that it runs cool and silent.

http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-81.html
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 08:05 PM   #48
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Well I can't download my purchased Arcade games on my new system that I just got, maybe its because I haven't been on live for over 2 years?
I don't get it, your doing:
#1. log on to xbl with a silver membership using an account that owns games.
#2. going to the game in the list and trying to re-download for free.

That should work. You will need to be online (logged in) to play them.

If you've changed consoles, you can migrate your licenses to a new console (once a year) http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...ensemigration/