Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-10, 01:54 PM   #169
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Re: ***Official AVP 2010 (PC) Thread***

Quote:
Common issue a google search should have solved. Turn off v-synch and mouse acceleration.
Why the eliteist smart ass comment? People come to forums to ask questions and get feedback. No need to talk down to someone cause you think you are a big shot on this forum. You're not.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 08:06 PM   #170
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Why the eliteist smart ass comment? People come to forums to ask questions and get feedback. No need to talk down to someone cause you think you are a big shot on this forum. You're not.
What are you talking about? The point was that when you have a problem the first thing you should do is google it, not post on a forum and wait around for a response. I was trying to help him out.

Take your sensitive ass elsewhere, thanks.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 08:09 PM   #171
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
I have to say thanks Rebellion for ****ing up the franchise. All they had to do was do one simple thing, copy the original AVP2 game to this. Make it the same, with newer graphics. Predators die in two hits from a tail, the melee system is so gay. Its not even fun. How can this be an FPS game if all you do is depend on stupid melee battles with aliens in which half the time they win.
2 was by Monolith, I don't think they would copy it because it would make them seem like they favor Monolith's design over their own.

Anyway, the game may be terrible in multi, I don't know, people seem to like infection but a lot of people obviously dislike the whole thing.

Did you play singleplayer? The singleplayer Marine and Alien campaigs are the reasons I reccommend this game to singleplayer fans of the franchise.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 08:19 PM   #172
onmikesline

i want a refund
onmikesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 08:31 PM   #173
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
Take your sensitive ass elsewhere, thanks.
Wasn't about me being sensitive, it was about you coming off as a jerk when it wasn't necessary. That's a funny way of "trying to help someone out".
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 09:00 PM   #174
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
2 was by Monolith, I don't think they would copy it because it would make them seem like they favor Monolith's design over their own.

Anyway, the game may be terrible in multi, I don't know, people seem to like infection but a lot of people obviously dislike the whole thing.

Did you play singleplayer? The singleplayer Marine and Alien campaigs are the reasons I reccommend this game to singleplayer fans of the franchise.
The game has great potential. The melee ****ed it up. Its stupid, the cloak is lame. The predator dies entirely to fast, and the alien is very easy and cheap to play, you are also forced to play against Alien even if you host a game. So none of the classic pred vs marine matches, which would be far more fun, and the marines pulse kills the predator in seconds, I die all the time with full health and I haven't even gotten to see my health drop before I die.

I have played the single player, its okay, but the thing is.. Monolith may of designed AVP2, but it was here first. Rebellion got all of us original fans in an uproar, and milked our money because they knew this game had many fans, and they thought they could get our money. The game is def not what it was suppose to be.
Old 02-21-10, 10:49 PM   #175
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Game release is delayed in singapore to sometime this week because the Media Development Authority of Singapore has yet to approve and print stickers for the game's rating. FFS its a guaranteed M18+ so why not ****ing approve the game already.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 11:43 PM   #176
K-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
The game has great potential. The melee ****ed it up. Its stupid, the cloak is lame. The predator dies entirely to fast, and the alien is very easy and cheap to play, you are also forced to play against Alien even if you host a game. So none of the classic pred vs marine matches, which would be far more fun, and the marines pulse kills the predator in seconds, I die all the time with full health and I haven't even gotten to see my health drop before I die.
Man, you must be playing a different game than me. Predator has the most health out of all three species, has the best melee ability (he can't be knocked down like the alien and marine), has arguably the best mobility (yes the alien can run faster, but a predator who constantly uses the focus jump is nearly impossible to catch), and all his long range weapons kill in one hit. Oh yeah, and there's that invisibility thing too. A lot of fan site forums (such as AvP Galaxy) are alight with people debating ways to tone down the predator. Heck, just get the disc and you're set in almost any situation; someone tries to melee you? Throw the disc and kill him point blank instantly. Long range kills are pretty much free, of course. If a marine starts shooting at you, just sprint or jump away.

If you want a Predator vs. Marine game mode, I suggest giving the Predator Hunt mode a try. I was getting a bit annoyed with TDM (predators all getting plasma casters and discs, then camping one area; almost impossible to kill them when they do that) so I gave Predator Hunt a shot for the first time the other night. I'm totally addicted, to say the least, it is so much fun! It also shows how overpowered the predator is (in my opinion), as when I manage to be predator I'm regularly racking up 5 kills or more before I get downed. Extra hilarious when played with friends!

Some other tips about the predator:

-If you focus on an enemy then left click, you do a pouncing attack and this will knock down a marine almost every time which means you get a free kill. Pounce attacks will also interrupt heavy strikes, so if you see an alien winding up his tail you can knock him out of it.
-If you use the proper vision mode for each species (heat for human, alien for alien lol), your plasma caster will lock on faster and you will also be able to focus on targets faster in order to pounce them. When I'm a predator in TDM I'm constantly flipping through the vision modes.
-You are totally invisible (visually) to Marines when you are standing still and cloaked, even running you are extremely difficult to see. And if you're standing still you won't show up on his motion tracker of course, gotta watch out for aliens though! Only when sprinting or focus jumping does your cloak 'sparkle' and reveal you.
-You can heal at any time with 'H,' it uses some energy but it will bring you up to full health no matter how hurt you are.
-The disc is incredibly easy to get kills with and is a cheap cheap weapon .
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-10, 12:37 AM   #177
MowTin

Unplayable amounts of stuttering and pausing. Lots of Steam users having the same issue. I'm just not buying games at release anymore. I'll wait at least for the first patch from now on.

I love this game...when it's not freezing and pausing..*sigh*

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 12:49 AM   #178
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

New SLI patch for those who are running SLI http://www.evga.com/sli
Old 02-22-10, 01:04 AM   #179
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I didn't see any options for co-op. Have you tried it yet?
nah, i don't have the game yet, was just reading info on steam game page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
Co-op is in the form of 'Survivor' mode. Up to four people try to survive against waves of aliens, each wave being tougher than the last. You can also play it in single player, of course it's more fun with friends but it also gets much more difficult with more players. Quite fun (and addicting) to play. The aliens use the maps really effectively, climbing all over the walls and making pounce attacks then running away.

Unfortunately there's only two maps right now (though people who ordered the collector's edition got extra maps). Rebellion promises more maps on the way though, including plans to make the collector's edition maps available for everyone. It's not too big an issue, however, I mean you're playing to shoot aliens, and the current maps let you do that just fine.

Also been playing a lot of Species Team Deathmatch; that is incredibly fun! Throwing three wildly different teams into some fairly open maps makes for some very interesting experiences.
thanks for info
Old 02-22-10, 01:20 AM   #180
K-1

Just had a great round of Predator Hunt, I actually managed to hit the score limit (20 points) and the next closest score was 1! Scored a trophy kill for the match point, I'm ripping the guy's head off but it's tough to tell with the thermal vision... Definitely my favorite game mode now. Running around with the thermal vision, hiding in corners while cloaked as marines walk by unaware; you totally get that predator vibe .

One more shot that I liked:
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote