Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-25-10, 04:15 PM   #169
lee63
Classified

Default Re: nVidia unveil at Pax East

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Drivers... No nHancer and the pretty bad driver support for non gaming related stuff really kills it for me. Paying a few bucks more to just avoid that is a no brainer for me.
All I do is game ...so I really have no issues.
Old 02-25-10, 04:25 PM   #170
Enrico_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
Where's that from?

http://www.facebook.com/NVIDIA#!/NVIDIA?v=wall

'cause it aint thar now. Looks fake to me, too.
You will find the Nvidia answer in "We want to apologize for the confusion around our most recent GF100 update. To clarify, the launch date for GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470 is March 26, 2010. This date also coincides with the GeForce LAN event NVIDIA is hosting at PAX 2010. Hope you can attend the show. For more info, please visit: www.nvidia.com/paxeast" and click on "View all 195 comments" and scroll down you will see Nvidia said that there

I have some good news btw, I have posted nearly 90% of my findings on another forum 2 and a respected benchmarker said some things to me. I'll try to translate as this is in my home language but my english writing is sadly not so good.
Enrico_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 04:28 PM   #171
lee63
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico_be View Post
You will find the Nvidia answer in "We want to apologize for the confusion around our most recent GF100 update. To clarify, the launch date for GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470 is March 26, 2010. This date also coincides with the GeForce LAN event NVIDIA is hosting at PAX 2010. Hope you can attend the show. For more info, please visit: www.nvidia.com/paxeast" and click on "View all 195 comments" and scroll down you will see Nvidia said that there

I have some good news btw, I have posted nearly 90% of my findings on another forum 2 and a respected benchmarker said some things to me. I'll try to translate as this is in my home language but my english writing is sadly not so good.
What did he say to you???
Old 02-25-10, 04:36 PM   #172
Revs

Quote:
I'll try to translate as this is in my home language but my english writing is sadly not so good.
Just post a link
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 04:37 PM   #173
Enrico_be

As I have little time I'm going to use google translate. If something is not understandable I'll try to explain better in english but as I said before my english writing skills are terrible It's not that much info but it is very reliable ! And I'm already happy because Charlie is wrong on the 5% marge

Source : http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...ssage/33538092

@ http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...ar_Nvidia.html

Bit-tech link, I can partially confirm. I talked Nvidia today, and they really wanted nothing to say on GF100, but wanted to refer to Jensen's statements, that Fermi would make an impact in may. That was about all video cards, by and between the words, with a hint there, the PR man also referred to derivatives, or mainstream cards. He further said that we might be surprised about the availability of the GTX 470 and GTX 480. Great Speech or not, that's what he said. They are "cautiously optimistic". They don't know what AMD has up its sleeve, but the benchmarks would be positive, and faster than Charlie's claimed 5%.

--

@ http://techreport.com/discussions.x/18525

Tech Report link, I can partly false. Also there has been discussion, and there would not be privileged partners, because then it would be no end. The PR man sounded quite serious, so I do not think there really are privileged partners.
Enrico_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 04:44 PM   #174
Iruwen

Quote:
They don't know what AMD has up its sleeve, but the benchmarks would be positive, and faster than Charlie's claimed 5%.
This may mean anything from 6% upwards
Iruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 08:16 PM   #175
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Drivers... No nHancer and the pretty bad driver support for non gaming related stuff really kills it for me. Paying a few bucks more to just avoid that is a no brainer for me.
Drivers????? Please.......I'll bite on the "no nHancer" deal, but I've experienced MORE, yes alot more issues w/NVidia's drivers over the last 2yrs than with ATI's drivers. Believe it.

Someone please, please come up with another excuse not to go ATI other than drivers. I'm soooo tired of hearing that lame excuse. They are fast and stable, but just don't have profiles.

I have 3 pc's - one w/ nvidia vid card, and the other two ATI's. Just saying......

Kapt
16GB G. Skill Ripsaw DDR3 1600MHz memory
Powercolor 5870 OC'd to 949/1255
(OC'd only when gaming of course)
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA HD
Sony dual layer 16X DVD/CD Writer
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
HP w2408h 24" monitor running @ 1920x1200 native rez
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
kaptkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 09:15 PM   #176
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptkarl View Post
Drivers????? Please.......I'll bite on the "no nHancer" deal, but I've experienced MORE, yes alot more issues w/NVidia's drivers over the last 2yrs than with ATI's drivers. Believe it.

Someone please, please come up with another excuse not to go ATI other than drivers. I'm soooo tired of hearing that lame excuse. They are fast and stable, but just don't have profiles.

I have 3 pc's - one w/ nvidia vid card, and the other two ATI's. Just saying......

Kapt

They do now,starting with the 10.2 driver set,and they're updatable thru ATI's web site,so no more having to wait a month for the entire driver package for new crossfire profiles,with a game that's just been released anymore.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-10, 09:43 PM   #177
lee63
Classified

I don't understand the profiles....do you need to uninstall the old or just install the new ? and how the hell do you know what games have profiles??
Old 02-25-10, 10:59 PM   #178
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptkarl View Post

Kapt
If you read his post before commenting, you would see it's not game related issues he is talking about. He was talking about other software issues, not gaming.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 11:03 PM   #179
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
I don't understand the profiles....do you need to uninstall the old or just install the new ? and how the hell do you know what games have profiles??

Just install the new ones right on top....They're named Crossfire X application profiles 10.2 right now,so all you need to check is if there's a later package with a higher number basically

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

It's right on the top of the page,after clicking the radeon drivers link and the profiles apply to every windows operating system.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 11:22 PM   #180
lee63
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Just install the new ones right on top....They're named Crossfire X application profiles 10.2 right now,so all you need to check is if there's a later package with a higher number basically

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

It's right on the top of the page,after clicking the radeon drivers link and the profiles apply to every windows operating system.
Ok, I got it...thanks.

Here is the latest btw

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...ly_high_prices