Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-24-10, 07:47 AM   #97
Iruwen

Default Re: nVidia unveil at Pax East

Funny how the ATI fans storm a totally NV biased site to defend their toys against a product which won't be available for at least a month.
Any assumptions made here are based on almost nothing but some pieces of architectural information, so I really wonder why they even bother to construct performance ratings, details about noise, power consumption and heat dissipation and even comparisons to existing products from those bits of information.
It gets even funnier when they simply start to invent prices and figures of initial availability.
Get a life and wait until March 26th when detail information will be available. There's enough time to bash each other based on facts then.
I don't know who Rollo is and what he did in other places, but reading through the last few pages at least he doesn't base his arguments on myths and theories some guy who seems to be a known NV hater initially spread.
Iruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 07:55 AM   #98
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by weevil View Post
an nV shill on NVNews

Crikey that's a shock, whatever next?
It's lucky for me I had no beverage in hand or mouth when I read this, would've ruined my laptop. LOL

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 07:59 AM   #99
Revs

There's no major nV bias here, Iruwen. You notice there are plenty of peeps here with ATi cards. Even MikeC was saying he'd get a 5870 if the Fermi wasn't up to par. It's just the thought of new cards turns folks funny around here . Anyhow, welcome to the forum .
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 08:02 AM   #100
wysiwyg

ATI and nvidia owners are both PC game enthusiasts

one and the same

= PWNT teh console crap
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 08:05 AM   #101
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Moi,i pose difficult questions to answer that's all....I go on hard realworld performance numbers,and all we've see of fermi is speculation,and technical papers for both GP-GPU back in late september and some gaming features in a late january article,but no clock speeds,or power consumption or a preview of performance....Even anandtech was getting pissed about it in his article.
The problem is you're not posting "difficult questions", you're just parroting "Butthurt Charlie's" FUD as if it were facts.

Whether Anand is angry or not isn't NVIDIA's primary reason for keeping all info NDA till the cards launch is my guess, as a corporation their only responsibility is to their shareholders.

If releasing information that could allow ATi to make production choices like "we know we have a 5% failure rate at core speed/core voltage X and a 10% failure rate at core speed/core voltage Y, but we estimate we'll have to produce Z performance based on the info NVIDIA was kind to give us" allows ATi to get some weeks/months jump on their refresh final spec, I can easily see why NVIDIA would hold their cards "close to the vest".

You need to look at things from a business perspective, not a "we want info and we're good guys" perspective. For all we know, you could work at ATi and be complaining about this in hopes of starting a grass roots "we want info!" movement, for the reasons I detailed above.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 08:32 AM   #102
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I may take a day off and visit- Hynes C. Center is all of 30 minutes from my house.

Might come home with a shiney new card...maybe.
Maybe I will see you there grey. The convention center is about a 15 minute walk away from my place
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 08:33 AM   #103
Iruwen

I don't think any of these companies obtains its information from the sources "normal people" have access to, they'll already know the exact specifications. As if they'd care about NDAs. Whatever NVs reasons for not publishing any information are, it's consumer related imho.
Iruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 08:39 AM   #104
Revs

Many people have had the specs of these card for a while, some have seen benchmarks, but they respect the NDA.
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-10, 09:09 AM   #105
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
Am I an NV shill? Justs curious.
Since you may or may not have gotten a free Quadro.....the answer is yes....

Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 09:10 AM   #106
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Am I an NV shill? Justs curious.
No beavis, you're not. Take some advice rollo, beavis supports NV, does some of the same kind of things you do for them, but you know what? Hes respectable, and not an arrogant ass about it. +1 beavis.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 09:14 AM   #107
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

Quote:
free Quadro, three free 295s, three free 280s, at least four free 9800 GX2s . . . of course I have to produce projects for all that stuff so it is sort of an exchange I guess. I put in tons of time and money into the projects. Intel gave me a Skulltrail and two QX9775s which is about 4 grand all together, AMD gave me a Spider Platform (CPU, mobo, two 3870 X2s)back when I did a project for them.
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 09:21 AM   #108
AdamK47

I'll be an NV shill for free cards. I have a rather lengthy list of games to test them out with. It would be going to a good cause.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote