Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-01-10, 04:03 PM   #13
Stephen Warren

Default Re: VDPAU feature set C MPEG2 artifacts on corrupted streams (for eamiller)

If you look very closely, you will see some small corruption on quite a few frames in the stream; at least I do with ffmpeg SW decoding. These are most likely just an artifact of broadcast transmission. If you can't see these errors, don't worry; you dont' want to train yourself to see them, or you'll never enjoy digital broadcast TV again:-)
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 04:19 PM   #14
Stephen Warren

Default Re: VDPAU feature set C MPEG2 artifacts on corrupted streams (for eamiller)

igadmile, for "VDPAU feature set B" GPUs, there apparently isn't anything that can be done to improve the error concealment. This means that your issue can't be solved on your particular HW, sorry. You may be able to improve the issue by obtaining better signal reception.
Old 03-01-10, 04:20 PM   #15
igadmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
If you look very closely, you will see some small corruption on quite a few frames in the stream; at least I do with ffmpeg SW decoding. These are most likely just an artifact of broadcast transmission. If you can't see these errors, don't worry; you dont' want to train yourself to see them, or you'll never enjoy digital broadcast TV again:-)
But my broadcast watched in Kaffeine and VLC is quite a lot corrupted (as you can see in example_video.mpg and example_video2.mpg), and only on laptop with Nvidia card, not on laptop with Intel, and not on laptop with Nvidia in Windows. So the logic assumption would be that problem is in Linux Nvidia driver.
igadmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 11:53 AM   #16
Stephen Warren

On the laptop with an Intel card, I imagine you're not using any HW-accelerated decoding. As I mentioned, ffmpeg SW decoding has better error concealment that "VDPAU feature set B" GPUs in some cases. On Windows, depending on the application you're using, you might also not be using HW-accelerated decode, so the same may apply.
Old 03-15-10, 07:12 AM   #17
bsbrown.sr

I apologize if this is not the correct thread to post this in, but I have recently built a computer to use MythTV on. I am using an ASUS ENGT220 (GeForce 220 GT) video card. I would really like to use the VDPAU hardware acceleration. When I try to use it, the video looks great but, my machine reboots at random times while watching HD video. Does anyone have any suggestions?
bsbrown.sr is offline   Reply With Quote