Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-15-11, 02:12 PM   #4321
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
OK after playing this game for some time now I have a few thoughts.

1) Hardcore servers are very, very difficult. Especially for a newb. Quite often you die and have no idea where the shot even came from. Can be pretty frustrating.

2) I am not good at this game. I'm not going to be good at this game. I hate snipers, don't wanna be a sniper, and am usually victimized by the cheap snipers in this game. Reminds me of CSS with autosnipe and AWP enabled. Retarded annoying.

3) The splash damage from 120mm shells via tanks or explosions from shoulder fired RPG style weapons is completely unrealistic. I've landed tank shells 10 feet from players and they keep right on running. But a grenade blowing up 10 feet away usually kills you in a single blast. Total bull****!

Now the sad thing is that despite all of this I still find myself having a hard time putting this game down. I've played more of this game in the last few weeks than anything else in a very long time.

Looking forward to BF3 and I'm hoping my 570GTX will be up to the challenge of playing that game - and that it fixes some of the unrealistic stupidity of this particular game.
i see your rank rising quickly in my friends list
Nades have a large area of damage, but a very small area of actually killing a person with full health. Many times if you are killed by nade, it either landed in your lap, or you had previous low health.
The rocket launcher like weapons, and especially Car Gustav + explosive perk are VERY powerful against infantry, but there are some things you can do to try to kill people who use it, and i think i outlines them earlier in this thread: always try to keep a height advantage so the people are shooting at your body (silhouette), and not the ground around you. Also sometimes if you show a tiny bit of yourself and duck back, the person will get anxious and shoot, maybe missing you completely, then you jump out and riddle them with bullets.

I NEVER play hardcore because I think it is retarded, and takes away things that make bad company 2 so much of a team game, like spotting, and notices like for example who to heal/revive. snipers love hardcore because it makes their rifles uber powerful.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 03:52 PM   #4322
Riptide

Yah hardcore is getting kinda stale.. One of my friends just mobs the hell out of hardcore servers though so I usually end up playing in them. They are a challenge, which is cool, but at the same time can be pretty frustrating. Look at my K/D ratio dude. My rank may be slowly rising but my ratio is TERRIBLE. I get an occasional kill streak but more often than not am killed 3-4 times more often than I score. Pretty ugly..
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 03:56 PM   #4323
bob saget

Quote:
Yah hardcore is getting kinda stale.. One of my friends just mobs the hell out of hardcore servers though so I usually end up playing in them. They are a challenge, which is cool, but at the same time can be pretty frustrating. Look at my K/D ratio dude. My rank may be slowly rising but my ratio is TERRIBLE. I get an occasional kill streak but more often than not am killed 3-4 times more often than I score. Pretty ugly..
its alright, you're just startin out once you unlock magnum ammo at rank 14 i think, it makes things easier. learn the maps, where to attack, where to camp, etc...
Old 08-15-11, 04:28 PM   #4324
Riptide

Magnum ammo? What does that do for you?

I like to play engineer a lot and am using the XM8 for my main weapon, .45 colt for a sidearm, and the HEAT for my typical rocket launcher.

One thing I've noticed. It's very very very hard to down enemy aircraft with the HEAT or any of the other rocket type weapons. Is there some trick to this? They are always able to stay out ahead of my shots and avoid them.
Old 08-15-11, 04:36 PM   #4325
bob saget

Magnum ammo makes your shots do more damage, so you can take down people faster.

I would definitely play medic or assault first, and then engi, and finally recon. Medic and assault are fairly simple classes for new players, but engi and recon have tasks that may be hard to fully utilize for new players.

Taking down helicopters usually isn't worth the time for me, and in the time i can take a chopper down, i would probably be of more use to my team as a medic or assault on the front lines. If you see that the enemy is pushing towards the mcon, and retards on team chat are screaming to take the chopper or UAV down, even though it's not really doing anything, ignore them and focus on defense or something else. with medic, you can rack up tons of points with healing/revives, and remember to drop ammo as assault
Old 08-15-11, 04:40 PM   #4326
Riptide

I'm pretty good as an engineer at trying to repair tanks including my own. I kinda enjoy it. It does irritate me when I've been run over before by a team mate who isn't paying attention to the guy next to him that's running the air tools lol

I hate the UAV sometimes. Been killed by it more often than I want to remember. It's easy to not notice until it's right over you and by then you're in trouble.
Old 08-15-11, 04:41 PM   #4327
Redeemed

I've kinda' given up on this game. Think I got to rank 5 or something. It's just too darn aggrevating. Not only that, living out in the sticks my ping is usually in the hundreds. So I also get auto-kicked from servers quite frequently. Also very frustrating.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 04:49 PM   #4328
bob saget

yea if you dont play often, it is unrelenting rape. BF3 will be even worse for new players, i think.
I got lucky with BC2 because I started playing from the beta (dont remember who gave me beta invite ) so there really weren't really amazing players at that time, but over a year later, there are so many good players, new ones dont stand a chance.

Old 08-15-11, 05:25 PM   #4329
Riptide

So is there a trick to scoring hits against aerial targets? I launch a HEAT and keep the red box around the target but it usually still won't score hits.
Old 08-15-11, 05:53 PM   #4330
mojoman0

deemed, bf games can be a pain when you have bad ping. theres just so much going on, i think this game requires a solid landline connection, although ive been playing from the back of my house through wireless decently, but i have dsl. you stuck with wireless internet out there in the shingleshticks?
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 05:56 PM   #4331
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
So is there a trick to scoring hits against aerial targets? I launch a HEAT and keep the red box around the target but it usually still won't score hits.
Ignore the red box. That is only good for stationary targets. The key is to ignore the red box and just fly the missile. Try to lead the target so you fly the missile into the side of the target, or have the moving target fly right into your missile.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 06:13 PM   #4332
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
deemed, bf games can be a pain when you have bad ping. theres just so much going on, i think this game requires a solid landline connection, although ive been playing from the back of my house through wireless decently, but i have dsl. you stuck with wireless internet out there in the shingleshticks?
No I'm on DSL as well, but I'm renting from my best friend, and his whole family games. When his three computers are in a League of Legends match, and somebody is upstairs streaming netflix, this DSL leaves much to be desired.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote