Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-16-11, 09:03 AM   #4333
Riptide

Default Re: Official Battlefield Bad Company 2 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Ignore the red box. That is only good for stationary targets. The key is to ignore the red box and just fly the missile. Try to lead the target so you fly the missile into the side of the target, or have the moving target fly right into your missile.
How do you steer the missile then? The red box right? So you don't really "ignore" it entirely? Or am I missing something else here?
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 10:29 AM   #4334
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
How do you steer the missile then? The red box right? So you don't really "ignore" it entirely? Or am I missing something else here?
You steer it by moving your mouse.... If you want it to move left hard you keep moving your mouse to the left... The box is just there to confuse you.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 11:11 AM   #4335
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
This is an ok video for taking stuff down with AT4. They are not mind blowing kills like another AT4 video on youtube, but he has the right idea. Try to fire it not really straight at the chopper, head on, but kind of to the side, and then lead it to the target. Ignore the box, it really doesnt do anything. Focus on the missile only, which is hard sometimes when it is really far away. If you remember how the rocket launcher worked in half life 2, it is a similar mechanic i think, except there there was no scope, just laser.

EDIT: Wow did not know this is how to dodge homing missiles. You pretty much gotta keep the missile circling till it hits the ground, but that means i think you gotta pilot in 3rd person

bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 12:02 PM   #4336
mojoman0

New patch inbound

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-795745-a.html

Quote:
What's this?

DICE has produced a candidate for the next game client update for BFBC2 PC. If this is deemed good enough, it will become the official patch, and will be pushed out to everyone. For now though, the patch is still in Beta.

House rules:
You install and run the patch at your own risk.
The Beta client can only play against a couple of special Beta game servers.
You are expected to report problems and overall impressions in this forum (BC2 PC Patch Feedback - Electronic Arts UK Community).

Should I install the Beta Patch?

If you are technically minded and you want to try it out, feel free to do so.
If you just want to play the game, wait until the full release takes place.

How do I install the Beta Patch?

First off, this will only work with the non-Steam version. The updater will refuse to update over the Steam version.
Ensure that you have at least 12GB free disk space.
Download the offline-updater archive here (http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bf...tch_795745.exe) - total size 2,616,282,167 bytes
Locate the directory where you have installed BFBC2 -- usually it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2".
Make a copy of that directory. Name that copy "BFBC2 - R10". This is your backup, in case you want to play the non-Beta version of BFBC2; if so, launch BFBC2Game.exe inside of that directory.
Lauch the offline-updater. It should decompress some files to a temp directory; locate your BFBC2 installation directory; ask if you want to update to version 795745; then spend ~15 minutes applying the update.

How do I run the Beta Patch?

Launch "BFBC2Game.exe" in your "Battlefield Bad Company 2" directory.

THere are about 10 test servers up - some in Amsterdam, some over on the US East coast.

What are the changes?
Removed some memory leaks
Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes)
Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
Minor performance improvements
Reduced rubberbanding on >24player servers

What should I look out for?

Any problems that you didn't use to have with the old version, but has with the new version.
Especially the process of installing the patch seems to be fragile. Describe your experience.

Ok, then what?

DICE will monitor this forum. Depending on the response we either pulalalala out to everyone or continue working on it.

Some thanks

Thanks to those players who have helped us by running special debug builds on their own machines over the past year. Also cheers to the folks in noobgroup for doing the first round of validation of this latest patch.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 12:34 PM   #4337
bob saget

awesome! just played yesterday after a week and a half break. fun fun fun....
Old 09-03-11, 09:58 AM   #4338
Bearclaw

Haven't played in about two months but I just hooked my PC up to my 55" tv. New found love.
Old 09-06-11, 01:51 PM   #4339
Riptide

Hit level 22 over the weekend. Switched over to the G3 rifle now. Magnum ammo unlock really helped a lot getting to this point.

I raged and quit a server last night. Same sniper, every time, over and over. Got so old. I spawned and was insta-killed a few times as well. Between the two I just lost patience and said F this and quit. There is only so much BS I can stand.
Old 09-06-11, 04:26 PM   #4340
bob saget

Quote:
Hit level 22 over the weekend. Switched over to the G3 rifle now. Magnum ammo unlock really helped a lot getting to this point.

I raged and quit a server last night. Same sniper, every time, over and over. Got so old. I spawned and was insta-killed a few times as well. Between the two I just lost patience and said F this and quit. There is only so much BS I can stand.
f*ck that heavy metal map you are always playing

Old 09-06-11, 04:36 PM   #4341
Riptide

It was actually African Harbor. Spawned and dead within a few seconds 3x or more and I kept getting picked off by the same sniper over and over. Just got stale after a while.
Old 09-06-11, 04:37 PM   #4342
bob saget

Quote:
It was actually African Harbor. Spawned and dead within a few seconds 3x or more and I kept getting picked off by the same sniper over and over. Just got stale after a while.
sounds like teams weren't quite fair
Old 09-06-11, 04:38 PM   #4343
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:

Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 03:51 AM   #4344
Muppet

Quote:

Yeah that does happen. Sometimes the servers are so skewed to one team and the other gets completely dominated. Plus no matter how good you are, there's always someone better (or cheating)
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote