Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-28-10, 12:23 AM   #73
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I'm glad you're buying the game but the fact is games with demos get pirated as much or more than games without demos, it has not much at all to do with it. The core fact is that a lot of people want things for free and a lot of people have no patience to wait and see, or wait for release, or wait for impressions.

The simple fact is there are endless walkthrough videos of the game in singleplayer, endless reviews, endless player feedback. You did not need to steal the game to see what it was like, you should not be on those sites, in the know of that sort of thing in the first place.
I have to disagree and we usually agree Some of my favorite games were ones that everyone else hated. Reviewers and other gamers. I find my taste is different than most peoples and I can really only know after playing a game so waiting for "impressions and reviews" would not have turned me. Its a shame that we don't see more demos BEFORE the game releases, I've wasted a lot of money on games that I never got into and didn't play more than a few minutes only to shelf it.

Also, I've gotta be honest it's got nothing to do with people wanting things for free. Most people just want their purchase to be worth the money. Sure, there are people that will just pirate to pirate but you know what? Those people wouldn't buy the game anyways so it's not really a lost sale. On the other hand I had no intent on buying this game, but now have, so say what you want they just made $60 more than they would've if the game launched yesterday.

Videos, walkthroughs, etc just didn't have the same effect. I saw them, I still wasn't buying the game.

I hate to say it - but this is one of those times that a developer made a sale because of a leak. You can condone it all you want, the fact of the matter is they just sold one more copy they otherwise would not have. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying they may sell more copies because of this (I want patches, maybe MP, developer support now, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 01:53 AM   #74
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Found this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6-bCM4l-s
Old 02-28-10, 01:55 AM   #75
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

is that real?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 02:09 AM   #76
Phyxion

Yes.
Old 02-28-10, 02:11 AM   #77
Phyxion

Quote:
The singleplayer has no DRM at all, you can install it from the disc with just a disc check.

They are relying on multiplayer to sell the game.
They better be because its a MP game, not SP, BF always been about MP
Old 02-28-10, 03:34 AM   #78
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
If we need to talk more about piracy, start a new thread about it
Right the ship, mates.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 03:57 AM   #79
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp View Post
ok...thats ****ing awesome lol!!!
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 03:57 AM   #80
PeterJensen

Why the **** dont they just release the game on steam. We have to wait til the 4.th here in Denmark. I can just sit here and watch it being "Grayed out" on STEAM. Why cant we even preload the game
I want to PLAY!

Old 02-28-10, 06:12 AM   #81
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Also, I've gotta be honest it's got nothing to do with people wanting things for free. Most people just want their purchase to be worth the money. Sure, there are people that will just pirate to pirate but you know what? Those people wouldn't buy the game anyways so it's not really a lost sale.
Where does this concept come from? If piracy were completely eliminated tomorrow you are telling me all these people would stop gaming entirely? They play games now, a lot of games one assumes, why would they suddenly never game again if they had to pay for it? It's just a ridiculous justification statement.

As for the rest, it's tired old arguements, I have no use for it. Not sure if you want the game? Then don't freaking buy it. You are not entitled to a free preview, end of story.

Sorry, you are helping people kill my platform, you get no sympathy or understanding from me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 07:25 AM   #82
K007

lol pussy ass heart beat monitors....how true
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 08:25 AM   #83
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Sorry, you are helping people kill my platform, you get no sympathy or understanding from me.
Well apparently you can't comprehend what you are reading. Killing YOUR platform? Guess what? They just got a sale they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Quite the opposite of what you are interpreting. I realize you may not be happen with the way it happened, but the simple fact of the matter is they sold one more copy. So selling another copy of the game is killing your platform? I'd say one more sale might have just saved your platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 08:49 AM   #84
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Well apparently you can't comprehend what you are reading. Killing YOUR platform? Guess what? They just got a sale they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Quite the opposite of what you are interpreting. I realize you may not be happen with the way it happened, but the simple fact of the matter is they sold one more copy. So selling another copy of the game is killing your platform? I'd say one more sale might have just saved your platform.
Keep on ridin' that justification train dude, nothing makes what you did acceptable.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote