Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-28-10, 01:58 AM   #13
jlippo

Default Re: Heavy Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I had a hard time with quick time events in indigo prophecy (Fahrenheit) so I'm not enjoying them much in this game but its not as bad as the holding thing. Like having to hold 5 different buttons at once, or jamming the one button over and over at high rate. The controls get in the way of the experience for me, more so than Fahrenheit I'd say.
There is options where you can reduce the difficultu of button mashing.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 02:19 AM   #14
HiCZoK4

I loved the interaction system in Fahrenheit. But I hated action events where I had to mash left and right arrow as fast as possible.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 02:30 AM   #15
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlippo View Post
There is options where you can reduce the difficultu of button mashing.
It was the first thing I did, and it hasn't helped much. I don't really know if its fair to complain about it. The whole gameplay revolves around the button mashing / QTE system.

I guess my beef is that I don't like the system in place, I'd much rather watch it and participate in the conversations / basic interactions.
Old 02-28-10, 03:58 AM   #16
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Sony Exclusive?
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 12:05 PM   #17
TheANIMAL

I've heard the replay ability is supposed to be very good because the story has about a doezen different endings.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 01:06 PM   #18
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Yep, plus most scenes have different endings.

This has been on of the most highest selling games in AU. First time I ever went into a store to pre order only to find it sold out. which is ok, as my PS3 died a week before the game released.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 01:09 PM   #19
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Yep, plus most scenes have different endings.

This has been on of the most highest selling games in AU. First time I ever went into a store to pre order only to find it sold out. which is ok, as my PS3 died a week before the game released.
Wooow. It would be a stab in the back having a game delivered day Your PS3 died
Old 02-28-10, 06:24 PM   #20
Viral
Registered User of Women

As said I really don't mind the Quick Time Events. I've always been pretty retarded with those sorts of things since I never expect them to come up, but in this game you soon learn to be ready I also have a huge habbit of getting L1 mixed up with R1 but I'm perfectly fine with L2. Strange.

I stuck it out on hard (default) and in the end liked the QTE's and found them very rewarding when I did a whole action sequence perfectly.

Also, the sixaxis stuff works... from barging people out of the way when running past them, hitting someone with an object to lifting things or even going through the ARI interface it actually makes you feel a connection with the movement. Best use of sixaxis I've seen that's for sure. OTOH shaking was still somewhat lame, I only liked the quick movements in one direction.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-10, 04:02 AM   #21
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Game is fun, lots of scenes im gonna have to replay and try another way just to see what happens and if u care for trophys u get gold if u see all 4 endings so it sure has replay value.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 04:14 AM   #22
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
It is disapointing it's not coming to PC. I enjoyed Omikron: The Nomad Soul on PC and played around half of Farenheit, liked it but never finished it for some reason.

Thought I better also add my few technical gripes with the game.
1. Downloading a 226MB v1.01 patch the day after release before playing...
2. Stuttering, sometimes the game would pause for 1-5 seconds. Even the credits at the end jumped every 10 seconds or so.
3. Tearing, not as bad as in a fast paced FPS but still quite noticable to me, although the more I got into the game the less I noticed it, probably just me being a PC snob.
4. Sound dropping out - maybe a problem with my setup? But sometimes sound would drop out for 1-3 seconds as often as once every 10 seconds.
5. The game froze once requiring me to reset my PS3. I was downloading the special edition extra content in the background so possibly this was the cause of the problem. The content kept downloading in the background so I left it going until the hdd light stopped flashing.
omikron was their game?! I freaking loved it! As aslso fahrenheit. Would love to play this baby
Old 03-02-10, 01:04 AM   #23
zarlaan

The game was very good. The storyline was very well written I thought and played out very well. Any future games with this play style certainly have a high benchmark to go by.

Only technical issue was very early on my PS3 froze causing the sound to hiss over the stereo very loud. After that there were no more issues. Screen tearing was only seen really in once chapter at the dance club.

Not sure how much I'd actually replay the game in the future... perhaps a few of the more fun chapters to kill time, but that's about it. It definitely makes for one hell of a rental game.

The only annoying thing about the game was the way everybody pronounced "origami".

P.S. Madison is one hot chick. Maybe even better than Lora Croft!
zarlaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 04:17 AM   #24
Viral
Registered User of Women

Not everyone murdered the pronounciation of oragami. I even think some characters alternated how they said it

Oar-a-gair-me lol

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote